Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ask Martin Gero - Spoilers for SGA (S1, S2)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
    Thanks for answering my previous question... sorta.

Do you have a character that you find most easiest to write for in terms of dialogue and action?

Thanks.
    I love writing McKay...he's the character I'm probably the closest to...sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by SGC_Replicators
      omg this topic is like a massive gold mine........

Well anyway i have a few questions

1. Will there be Any Gouald wepoans like Zats, staffs, etc in Atlantis

2. Where are all the Ancient wepoans, You can't fight a war with words...
      1. No, we didn't want to cross mythologies...thought it would be confusing for non-SG-1 fans.

2. Atlantis is a big city...we'll track more down eventually

Comment

We love you guys for making such a great show...! Keep up the great work! On to my question.

I've just read in "Stargate SG1: The Official Magazine" that there will be F-302's on Atlantis. We've seen them hold their own during the 'Lost City', so I figure they'll do ok against Darts too. How big a part will the F-302's play for the rest of the run of the series? (will we see them often, or just every once in a while?)

Thanks, Seastallion

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
        Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
        http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
        My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
        Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis[MYTH]
          I have been saving up questions for a whille i've just been adding them on as ive gotten them anyway i have four questions absed on the Puddle Jumpers

1) How many PJ's are there total at the begining of the Season 1?

2) How many PJ's have been destroyed or damaged and not yet repaired in Season 1?

3) How many puddle Jumpers are we going to expect to lose in Season 2 this including the one that we all belive to be losing in the first ep?

4) I never noticed intill people started to mention how the Writters being you enjoy blowing up ships and its starting to be noticed that it is no different for the PJ's that we can;'t even make new ones to replace is there going to be an episode to solve this problem of losing PJ's in Season 2?

And another about the whole coding thing for planets

5) Is that how they've done it with every planet cause thats a very interesting way of doing it.

And a question about a possible begining for the Siege Part 3

6) are we gonna have a begining like we had in Rising where we see the Ancients in the city? If we are is it going to be showing the Ancients under siege by the Wraith?

1. 10-15

2. 2 or 3 I think

3. 1 at least.

4. We’re very careful about destroying jumpers for that very reason. Again, the city is pretty big…we may find more.

5. No, that was just how I did it. Usually there’s no reasoning the planet designation numbers. In Atlantis is goes M-Number-Letter Number-Number-Number (ie. M9T 123 or M7Y 497)

6. Nope. We start “Siege 3” seconds after “Siege 2”.

Comment

Originally posted by tofuchef
            hi jus some few questions

1. will there possibly be a wraith and replicator encounter?
            2. in atlantis.. is it possible that it has a ware house that makes the drones? cause i can't figure out how else the ancients in the past made their weapons..
            3. is there a bigger size ancient ship class? puddle jumpers are quite puny but cool still but still puny.
            4. biggest question i have.. will we ever see atlantis fly this season?
            1. One isn’t planed as of yet.

2. There very well could be…

3. Asked and Answered.

4. Can’t say…

Comment

With the Daedalus shuttling crew and items back and forth from Earth to Atlantis, the team will now be able to bring more personal items back with them (besides a football game and War And Peace). When Weir departs Earth again after her meeting with Landry, will she be taking Sedge with her?

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaBlu
                Martin,

It's great that you're here. Good to have someone from Atlantis here to answer our endless questions. Your Pod-Cast for Siege I & II was very funny as well.

Any chance of finding out about the line/scene that was cut that you never finished telling because the adds during the Pod-Cast got in the way?

Also, and I know you've been asked this a few times already but I think we're collectivly trying to impress apon you its importance, but is Sora ever going to come back? If not are they going to atleast mention that they traded her for the nukes?

Will Atlantis (and the Jumpers) be "re-armed" with more drones? That FX shot of the city firing all those drones kicked ass, so I'm hoping that isn't the only time we'll get to see it.

Finally, Kavanaugh. I think he's a great character, and Joe said something about TPTB liking him as well. Will he be returning to be a thorn in Weir's side this Season?

BYE
                Glad you liked the podcast...I'll tell you what that line is in the DVD special features.

Sora: Asked and Answered.

Jumpers: we'll have to see...I think it's important, yeah.

Kavanaugh: Asked and Answered (no plans yet).

Comment

Hey, Martin, I decided to step all over my 'don't bother him, let everyone else bother him' mantra again since I realized you seem to be genuinely enjoying yourself with this huge rush. Heh... we should switch jobs. You work retail and deal with all of the customers, I write scripts for Stargate...

At any rate, here's another short list of long-winded questions. I've read the entire thread but I might even then miss something so, you know... 'asked and answered' is fine, I'll just go diggin' it up if needbe.

1.) The entire cast of Stargate Atlantis, in my humble opinion, is quite realistic and very in-depth, even after this first year and without another seven like its sister show has on it. I, like a few others who have posted here, am an aspiring writer -- I'm only seventeen so I'm hoping that with all those years ahead of me, I can get somewhere with novels or scripts moreso than anything else. My question on this matter is... do you, as a writer, have a certain system by which to ensure you're writing the characters 'correctly', so-to-speak? You know... making sure they don't act different from what would be considered 'their general reaction' to something. When a cast like thos show is so well-developed, it must be easy to accidentally have one do something millions of fans might scoff at. Do you watch previous episodes several times? Take notes on respective character reactions? Have some super-secret formula by which you tap into their imaginary personalities? Heheh. I'm just asking because you definitely seem to get them 'on the ball' in my opinion, and I'm quite impressed and would like to know how, should I ever become a writer for a show, I could ensure I do the same with already-defined characters.

Phew. That was long. I'll just make one more, in this case.

2.) Do we see Furlings in the season premiere? Is it possible that Pileggi is a Furling in disguise!? Just kidding. No, seriously, my question is about 'Intruder'. I think it's safe to say that, considering the hell we've seen our Pegasus-bound cast put through for twenty episodes, we'd like to see their return to Earth contain at least a small dosage of emotional resonance. Can you maybe hint one way or the other whether the episode, which seems to me to be quite jam-packed already, will feature any scenes involving Shepperd, or McKay, or Weir, (or Ford but... well, given the circumstances I'm understanding, I don't know) reacting vehemently and/or visiting somewhere they've missed for a while? I know this is the episode they return to Earth, but it seems that in the time it'll take to accomplish what else we're hearing 'Intruder' will have to do with, there just might not be enough time to feature any of the characters enjoying being back and 'safe'.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Hey Martin!

You rock so much for dealing with all of our silly questions!

1.) Any chance we'll see Sgt. Stackhouse again? He's kinda grown on me and I really like the continuity of seeing the same recurring characters.

2.) I know you addressed whether or not Ford was Sheppard's 2IC, but I was wondering if there are other officers besides Major Sheppard, Lt. Ford, and Lt. Miller that we just haven't seen. At the very beginning of The Siege, Part Two I thought I heard Colonel Everett call one of the Zimbabwe(?) military officers "Captain."

3.) Any chance we'll see more Russians? Russians are cool!

4.) Not really a question, but could you please tell Rainbow how much we love and respect his work, and how wonderful a person we all think he is? If he's not too busy, he should visit his fan site at ford.systemofalive.net.

Thanks again, Martin!
                    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by MartinGero
                      1. Yes. As we do more seasons, we’ll have the time to not only focus on where our characters are going, but where they have been…and how it informs who they are today.

2. We were talking briefly about an episode that would guest star someone like Rickey Gervais…we would never get him, but he’s just about my favorite person working in TV right now.

3. I’ll have to think about that one…
                      Q4. Can I hold you to that reply in question 3??? (No-one can ever answer that question...)

~*Beanie*~ | No mountain too high, no gutter too low... | Ar scáth a chéile a mhairimid uilig...
                      "It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt."

Comment

Martin,

Does the Iris shield have to be down for a Puddle Jumper to get through the Stargate? I ask this because at the start of Rising we see a Puddle Jumper go through Atlantis's shield. If it doesn't will the team ever find out?

Comment

Hi There Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to answer peoples questions:

Ive just got a few questions which I dont think have been asked:

1) Janus (the ancient from "before I sleep") is likely the person who wrote the column in "its good to be king" - will he been returning any time soon? I think it would be cool for him to meet Weir again.

2) It seems pretty clear that the Ancients in "Before I Sleep" we'rent really shocked that Weir was not in her own time. Aside from Janus and his actions in "its good to be kind" - will we be seeing an indication that the Ancients actually know that people from Earth are out there? (we need some freakin help here...

3) What is the status of the alliance with the Asgard & Nox? Is it still in effect? Do they all still talk? (not so much an SGA question - but then again maybe it is...)

4) Any chance that (I think this is the right name) Athar will return? It would be nice to have a semi permanent ascended - in the same manner as oma is for SG1.

I think thats all, hopefully all these questions and more will be answered on the next "Star Gate Atlantis" (your in Canada so you've probably heard the really lame TMN ad's - oops I forgot MC for Vancouver). Now if someone would just announce the premiere dates for next season - doh!

Thanks

Adam

Comment

Hi Martin

thanks for answering these questions for us

On the Sci-Fi Atlantis site it says PuddleJumpers are 1 of 5 ships found in Atlantis, is this true or just false information?

Will the Aurora be found offworld or on Atlantis, Sheppard opens a door, the lights turn on and a big honking ship is sitting there type thing.

How big is Atlantis?Any plans to release some details on the size of the city? Some clearer maps perhaps, or at least something to scale to?

And lastly you said before that the big blue column in Letters from Pegasus was a life signs detector making sure no one would use the planet as a hide out, well how come it didnt work with the Genii?
                            Last edited by Keffler; 09 May 2005, 04:18 PM.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Who is the leader of the Genii? Is it Cowen, or this Prenum guy from the siege part 2? How come we had Prenum instead of cowen in the siege, part 2? Was Colm Meany unavailable or too expensive (with all the money going to the special effects)?

Comment

Hey there Martin,

Just want to add my thanks for the time you take to play here. Very much appreciated!

1. Will we come across any new alien species in the explorations of Pegasus?

2. Any plans for developing Teyla's character a bit more? Will her wraith DNA story arch keep going? Also will we see more backstory on the Kali (stick fighting) that Teyla's brought to Atlantis? (brilliant job with that by the way.)

3. It's been established that Atlantis is huge with all sorts of purposes for different sections (living quarters, labs, etc.) Will we see any new parts of the city with new purposes than Season 1? Will we get any more insight to the research on ascension the Ancients were doing?

4. We've seen the Ancients in Atlantis in Rising and Before I Sleep. Any chances of seeing that again in Season 2?

Thanks!
                                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Working...
                                X