No announcement yet.

Jack/Sam Fic Recs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is more a Sam rec, with only a little bit of Jack in it. I really like the story.

Executive Order by Soleya

President Hayes insists on taking a trip through the gate, only to be stranded for two days with a group of Secret Service Agents, a couple of staff members, and Sam as his protection, when the Goa'uld attack the planet.

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
      I'm of the mindset that they ought to put a note at the beginning rather than the end or take it down completely. WIPs drive me crazy
      Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
      Or.... maybe finish the story? I've seen it in other fandoms where people have finished long-abandoned WIPs, for the sanity of fellow shippers, sometimes with the original author's agreement and sometimes without, if the author can't be contacted. Sometimes more than one person finishes the story Maybe we could start a thread, where folks could add WIPs that need an ending
      Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      Yes! This! Absolutely! If they're never going to finish it, then remove it so nobody else has to get frustrated that it's never going to be finished.
      I'm gonna join that club of those who hate WIP's...especially ones that have been hanging for soooo long....long breaks between updates can be frustrating and I've already removed a tonne of fics from my alert list that haven't been updated regularly.
      But one thing I really don't like when reading a fic is the author telling the readers to review or no update...I don't bother reading the fic after I see that. If I want to review I will but don't tell me I have to or no completion of the fic.
      If I put a fic on alert, to me it's worth reading and following and I know the authors know if I do that coz several times I've been thanked for putting a story on alert. But reviewing is something I'm still getting used to...I just don't do it to many fics but not coz I don't like them but I think I just read far too many to review them all.
      Love the idea of other writers finishing fics but I think I'd rather it done with the authors permission.
      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

the tendency not to finish wip's is why i'll never read them. And yes, an author holds a fic hostage for reviews.....well they ain't writing for the right reasons as far as i'm concerned and they can go and get their ego boost elsewhere cause I'm not going to play into their little online tantrum. (it's like 'i'm gonna hold my breath until you give me my lolly'....no I will not and stop acting the brat)

I do, when I get a long fic done, post them in parts over a few days, but they're never posted until they're done.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          This is more a Sam rec, with only a little bit of Jack in it. I really like the story.

Executive Order by Soleya

President Hayes insists on taking a trip through the gate, only to be stranded for two days with a group of Secret Service Agents, a couple of staff members, and Sam as his protection, when the Goa'uld attack the planet.
          I started reading this fic years ago, but didn't finish for some reason... I'll read it again.

Comment

Only a couple more days to nominate your favorite stories for the Ship Day Favorite Fic Awards.

Click here for a reminder of all the categories and rules.

If your favorite fic isn't there when we start voting, you only have yourself to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
              I'm gonna join that club of those who hate WIP's...especially ones that have been hanging for soooo long....long breaks between updates can be frustrating and I've already removed a tonne of fics from my alert list that haven't been updated regularly.
              But one thing I really don't like when reading a fic is the author telling the readers to review or no update...I don't bother reading the fic after I see that. If I want to review I will but don't tell me I have to or no completion of the fic.
              If I put a fic on alert, to me it's worth reading and following and I know the authors know if I do that coz several times I've been thanked for putting a story on alert. But reviewing is something I'm still getting used to...I just don't do it to many fics but not coz I don't like them but I think I just read far too many to review them all.
              Love the idea of other writers finishing fics but I think I'd rather it done with the authors permission.
              Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              the tendency not to finish wip's is why i'll never read them. And yes, an author holds a fic hostage for reviews.....well they ain't writing for the right reasons as far as i'm concerned and they can go and get their ego boost elsewhere cause I'm not going to play into their little online tantrum. (it's like 'i'm gonna hold my breath until you give me my lolly'....no I will not and stop acting the brat)

I do, when I get a long fic done, post them in parts over a few days, but they're never posted until they're done.
              I posted something along these lines a great ways back somewhere. I really hate it when they won't post if they don't get enough reviews. I don't mind writers begging for reviews, but holding hostage??/ Bah! I do try to review, but sometimes, I am just too tired.
              sigpic
              Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

kinkmeme's have a lot of that waiting for reviews before posting, they don't come right out and say it but you can usually spot the authors who are waiting for reviews.

Wip's don't really bother me that much, what bothers me is if the standard starts to dip or if it becomes clear that the author has no clue where they are going with the story.

Speaking of stories does anyone remember a story where Jack & SG1 (maybe) ended up in Atlantis on vacation? Jack started switching loads of stuff on and finding hidden places that Sheppherd hadn't found. I think an Avatar started speaking to him. I'm thinking this was around the beginning of atlantis - season 8+ of sg1. Jack was a general. This ringing any bells with anyone? It's being driving me nuts. It's just at the edges of my memory - I can't quite remember the authors name or the title of the story.

Comment

Been working on chosing my own favorite fics to nominate for Ship Day and I've realized that I basically love anything written by Annerb or Rachel500. I'm going to have to work on expanding my fic reading horizons.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    Been working on chosing my own favorite fics to nominate for Ship Day and I've realized that I basically love anything written by Annerb or Rachel500. I'm going to have to work on expanding my fic reading horizons.
                    ...It just shows you have good taste. Of course, expanding your reading horizons is always a good idea.

EVERYBODY:
                    Please, PLEASE nominate for the fic rec thing hlndncr so kindly organized...even if you think you haven't read enough to nominate (I certainly haven't...but I nominated from the list I HAVE read). It doesn't mean you're committed to vote (if you don't want too) if you nominate. And having the master list of noms would be awesome for suggested reading for peeps like me who haven't read a fraction of what's out there.

WIPs: I started 2 works when I was still a 'green' fanfic writer (well...greener than I am now). I don't think I'm going to do it in the future, because on one of them I wrote myself into a corner and now I'm stuck. I also matured in my Gateverse knowledge in the last 3 months, so I feel that some of what I wrote is not my best (I would write it differently now). I think I can avoid that in the future by at least having my whole story mostly written before publishing.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

i've got 11 wip fics i following now, and 10 of them aren't updating.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

*** Reads about universal dislike of unfinished WIPs.
                        Glances around guiltily.
                        Skulks away. ***

I swear that I WILL finish my WIP!!! I just have to find the time!
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                          Of course, expanding your reading horizons is always a good idea.
                          Yep. Always a good idea

EVERYBODY:
                          Please, PLEASE nominate for the fic rec thing hlndncr so kindly organized...even if you think you haven't read enough to nominate (I certainly haven't...but I nominated from the list I HAVE read). It doesn't mean you're committed to vote (if you don't want too) if you nominate. And having the master list of noms would be awesome for suggested reading for peeps like me who haven't read a fraction of what's out there.
                          That's why this thread is here. A place where people can post recs.
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

ok guys. Hope I'm doing this right.

Short Nom - Fluff (T):
                            http://annerbhp.livejournal.com/172145.html
                            Last edited by trinity3; 06 July 2011, 06:32 PM. Reason: removal of M rated nom :(
                            sigpic
                            sig by Mada
                            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                              That's why this thread is here. A place where people can post recs.
                              Yes ma'am! And I have greatly appreciated the recs on this thread...and the 2011 GW Noms...I'll take noms & recs where I can get them.

I was hoping to encourage participation in some Ship Day fun?
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                                *** Reads about universal dislike of unfinished WIPs.
                                Glances around guiltily.
                                Skulks away. ***

I swear that I WILL finish my WIP!!! I just have to find the time!
                                hmm... ditto!

I have almost finished writing out the rest of my WIP and I just hope that I will still have readers (that don't want to me, however deserving of it I might be) who want to read the end.
                                sigpic
                                Stargate Distinguished Service Medal

sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X