No announcement yet.

Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is going to be an Apex Enterprises vessel, this is not one for the final submission but i'll do it anyways. The Apex vessel is a mercenary vessel that is equiped with the most advance tech and weapons from Apex. A higher to kill ship. You'll see a model later.
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I could be a judge since i'm still learning how to make stuff and i suck at it so i'll take a while.
      Spoiler:
      Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
      god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

How the voting coming

Comment

I only have two of five people
          sigpic
          ----DeviantArt----

Comment

do you know when the rest will becoming in.

And who is currently leading.

I think need to tell us the results in the next day, even if the rest do not vote. If it currently a draw then used yourself as the decider.

I am probably not going to enter the next challenge, so if you want me to be a judge I will gladly be one.
            Last edited by knowles2; 26 October 2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Results for the First Challenge:

Modeling Challenge Thread. This first challenge was due on October 20th of a space station. With the following members submitting their models ontime to be judged -
              Eps200
              Knowles2
              Semmer

They will be graded on a scale like so:
              1 - Not Acceptable, Not Present
              2 - Acceptable, Partially present
              3 - Excellent, present

Committee Member I
              Spoiler:
              -Member Name
              Semmer
              -Multiple docking features
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Defense weapons platform
              -Originality
              -Style
              -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all)
              The Specs are missing so design specs can only be extrapolated from model, however scale of design allows for all features to eventualyl be present unlike other designs.
              -Total

-Member Name
              Knowles2
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              too small for the features required, looks like an extended midway rather than a space station.
              -Total

-Member Name
              Eps200
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              Like the concept and origionality but not particularly stargate.
              -Total

Committe Member II
              Spoiler:
              -Member Name
              Eps200
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              no dry docks for ships, gate room seems too small and compact, fighter hangers seem too small so ships cant manuver
              -Total

-Member Name
              Knowles2
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              An explanation of where everything was would of helped
              -Total

-Member Name
              Semmer
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              No visable weapons, more explaining the features, extra credit for the dry docks
              -Total

Committee Member III
              Spoiler:
              -Eps200
              _________
              -Multiple docking features:2
              _________
              -Dry dock:2
              _________
              -Hospital:2
              _________
              -Defense weapons platform:2
              _________
              -Originality:1
              _________
              -Style:1
              _________
              -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all):
              _________
              -Total:10

-Knowles2
              _________
              -Multiple docking features:1
              _________
              -Dry dock:2
              _________
              -Hospital:1
              _________
              -Defense weapons platform:2
              _________
              -Originality:3
              _________
              -Style:3
              _________
              -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all):I liked the look of it but unfortunately I found it hard to know what was what on the station. So I couldn't really make it on anything but style and originality.
              _________
              -Total:12

-Semmer
              _________
              -Multiple docking features:3
              _________
              -Dry dock:3
              _________
              -Hospital:1
              _________
              -Defense weapons platform:1
              _________
              -Originality:3
              _________
              -Style:3
              _________
              -Other (you can specify a feature that they did well on or didn't at all):I liked the scale and design but because of its size I'd expect some weapons of which there were none. He said there should be some on there but there weren't. Also couldn't find a hospital.
              _________
              -Total:14

Committee Member IV

Spoiler:
              -Member Name
              Eps200
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              3 - I nice original design Eps200
              -Total

-Member Name
              Knowles2
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              1 - Could of added more to the Design
              -Total

-Member Name
              Semmer
              -Dry dock
              -Hospital
              -Originality
              -Style
              2 -Overall its a nice design
              -Total

- Results -
              Spoiler:
              Eps200 overall - 52
              Knowles2 overall - 56
              Semmer overall - 61.5

!Congratulations Semmer your our Winner!

The Winner gets this
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

YAY!! I won!

Thanks guys, it means a lot.

Obviously I forgot the hospitals, but there's so much room for them that I didn't see it important to mention all the 12 hospitals, 50 cafeterias and suchs.

Defensive platforms were way too small to be added, but again, obviously they are present.

Congrats to all the other participants for good stations as well.

Comment

Well done Semmer

Comment

Whats the next challenge?
                    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

its above the results of the last

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                        Whats the next challenge?
                        a quote to a quote

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                        Well I sent the rubric out to all on the committee but I haven't received anything back from them. So if this continues I'll have to do the judging myself, and I don’t want to do that because I don't want lobbyists.

The Second Challenge

Ahhh, The Second Challenge, I've been thinking for sometime for something to do are the second one. After thinking about it before I went to sleep one night (I lost sleep), I decided that there needed to be a Civilian Ship in the fleet(s). So here is the challenge.

You need to create a company that manufactures civilian space craft, weather it’s meant for commercial, industrial, or residential uses. There needs to be a history of the company and the full specs for their ship. You can only use technology that is a real life practicality today and materials that are present on earth or that they use in the show today. There are no set requirements for the size or displacement of the ship, but let it be known that the ship that has the best history, specs, use, and look will probably have the best score. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

Edit: OH! The due date for this will be in one month for tomorrow, in other words November 25th 2008 Midnight EST

I believe that the prize for this will be a Platinum Gate. The Golden Gate as well as the Platinum will be in the style of a Sig for the winner.
                        sigpic
                        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

post a finished version of your thing, a soon as you read this.
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                          god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                            Well I sent the rubric out to all on the committee but I haven't received anything back from them. So if this continues I'll have to do the judging myself, and I don’t want to do that because I don't want lobbyists.

The Second Challenge

Ahhh, The Second Challenge, I've been thinking for sometime for something to do are the second one. After thinking about it before I went to sleep one night (I lost sleep), I decided that there needed to be a Civilian Ship in the fleet(s). So here is the challenge.

You need to create a company that manufactures civilian space craft, weather it’s meant for commercial, industrial, or residential uses. There needs to be a history of the company and the full specs for their ship. You can only use technology that is a real life practicality today and materials that are present on earth or that they use in the show today. There are no set requirements for the size or displacement of the ship, but let it be known that the ship that has the best history, specs, use, and look will probably have the best score. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

Edit: OH! The due date for this will be in one month for tomorrow, in other words November 25th 2008 Midnight EST

I believe that the prize for this will be a Platinum Gate. The Golden Gate as well as the Platinum will be in the style of a Sig for the winner.
                            is there a specific timeframe we have to respect :

1 a company involved in current top secret SG program

1' a rogue company (private branch of NID or Trust)

2 a future company (5 to ? years) with the SG program is known to everyone on Earth

3 a far future company (!?? years from now) with the SG program known to everyone but restrictions put on use of alien technology (only way I'd explain why it is limited to tech and materials seen in the show)

4 anything I want as long as it fits with the rules. and when I say anything, I really mean it (alternate realities, Google-owned international space station, alien company interested in Earth economy and so on)

And are we limited to 1 space craft or can we also add support ships and various other installations?

Thx
                            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

Originally posted by lord groovy View Post
                              is there a specific timeframe we have to respect :
                              No, but keep it with in reasonable parameters, no 500 years in the future stuff
                              1 a company involved in current top secret SG program
                              One - I dont care
                              1' a rogue company (private branch of NID or Trust)
                              One Prime - As long as it's civilian
                              2 a future company (5 to ? years) with the SG program is known to everyone on Earth
                              Two - Once again It doesn't matter
                              3 a far future company (!?? years from now) with the SG program known to everyone but restrictions put on use of alien technology (only way I'd explain why it is limited to tech and materials seen in the show)
                              Three - Answered by first question, and the parameters already set in the description of the second challenge. Use the Tech but in the show but there are restrictions on the use of the military style weapons and defenses, But if your company develops their own technology without the aid of government information then more power to ya
                              4 anything I want as long as it fits with the rules. and when I say anything, I really mean it (alternate realities, Google-owned international space station, alien company interested in Earth economy and so on)
                              Four - anything, anything that would or could be manufactered by a civilian company for either their use or another companies use
                              5 And are we limited to 1 space craft or can we also add support ships and various other installations?
                              Yes, one spacecraft, space station, satellite, or whatever you choose. Only one
                              Thx
                              Anytime
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

what if you have 2 that are used together. IE, the 304 carries 302's

Comment

Working...
                                X