Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
    Now Now I'm not one of the judges here, don't get me confused with the panel of secret judges
    But you are the one that appointed the judges and well you may share similar attitudes to each other.

any one knows how to do engine glows in Maya.
    I no you can just activate a glow, but gives a halo effect and I wondering is their anyway to get rid of that.

Well actually the halo was not that bad once I got it into photo shop did a bit of editing, through it more than annoying than anything.

but here goes, nice engine glow for you

Engine Glows copy.jpg

unfortunately this might be the only time I get to work on this model for a while. As in after the competition date ends. Got my dissertation and research project to sought out by the 21st.
    Last edited by knowles2; 12 November 2008, 04:24 AM.

Comment

I thought i would post a quick update as the thread was slipping off page one.

Here's an update of the rear half of the my Helios Class vessel. The images display the command tower and the passenger area.

Please note that the windows are rather big in the passenger section as they are paying to see space, so I thought it would be cool for them to have nearly a full wall of each room able to see the sights.

Last edited by Merlin1701; 22 December 2008, 05:27 AM.

sigpic

Comment

picture not showing up in thumnail.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          any one knows how to do engine glows in Maya.
          I no you can just activate a glow, but gives a halo effect and I wondering is their anyway to get rid of that.
          1) Create a 1 poly plane and put it in the engine where you want the glow to be.

2.) Create a material of your color, yellow.

3.) Add special effects, put it at .750

4.) Make it 70% transparent

5.) Mess with the Incandescence and ambient color to get the effect you want.
          Visit my Website

Comment

further updates...

I gave the Helios a rail gun as its going to be out in the depths of space mining naquadah, trinium, etc. Its quite a long ship so it may need another one or two?

The Helios is going to be shorter than the Prometheus but a little wider, with most of the internal volume taken up by cargo holds.

The main idea behind this vessel is to enable other nations the opportunity to create their own vessels, as they will have greater access to the materials far easier than they would have before.

Still lots to do and I’m running out of time!
            How is everyone else progressing?

sigpic

Comment

Wow, Those are looking great! I really like your ship Merlin, and the inside details especially.
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I was thinking of entering in this and wondered a couple of things.
                1. Could we use a company that already does cargo or space travel?
                2. What is the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                  The Second Challenge

Ahhh, The Second Challenge, I've been thinking for sometime for something to do are the second one. After thinking about it before I went to sleep one night (I lost sleep), I decided that there needed to be a Civilian Ship in the fleet(s). So here is the challenge.

You need to create a company that manufactures civilian space craft, weather it’s meant for commercial, industrial, or residential uses. There needs to be a history of the company and the full specs for their ship. You can only use technology that is a real life practicality today and materials that are present on earth or that they use in the show today. There are no set requirements for the size or displacement of the ship, but let it be known that the ship that has the best history, specs, use, and look will probably have the best score. Cheers and Happy Modeling!

Edit: OH! The due date for this will be in one month for tomorrow, in other words November 25th 2008 Midnight EST

I believe that the prize for this will be a Platinum Gate. The Golden Gate as well as the Platinum will be in the style of a Sig for the winner.
                  Achiles, as far as i know yes real companies can be used. Please see 'thekillmans' post further up this page that reads "builders: Lockhead/Skybus". Of course the real person to answer would be mr 'boberth2o'

...as for the deadline, please read above quote.

sigpic

Comment

its actually lockheed and airbus. but i modded their names a little to fit the SG theme. it takes you "into the sky". although its a cargo ship.

Comment

You pretty much answered the way I would Merlin Thanks!
                      sigpic
                      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

awesomely awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (my phrase permission needed to use unless i'm bored, but you'll never know)
                        Spoiler:
                        Originally posted by daredevil-k's signature using the quote
                        god damn daniel what you done this time!!nice gunahh crap it's an alien.... oh wait it's just jonasyeah it's sam to save our buttsahh crap light sabers!!!she's drunk but how....?hahahaha weaklinghe's way to happyshe's very angry... run!!!ahh what... oh it's just a replicator.. crap!!this is obviously creepyrun like the butt-head you are!!creepycool and smooth hammondmckay you just blew up half a solar systemten hut don't get in teal'cs way to many guns sam's got a gou'aldmckay's always like this

Comment

Just a quick update on the Earth vessel Helios, before I fall asleep in my chair. Fitting the time around work…If anyone can create the advertising campaign for a driving school, discuss alterations on websites with clients for me tomorrow, so I can sleep in it would be much appreciated! I say sleep in; you know I’ll be watching Jeremy Kyle! lol

How is everyone else doing?

sigpic

Comment

Well my computer is giving me troubles so I might not get this one done.

Comment

Thats not good news achilles, whats wrong with it?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Achiles View Post
                                Well my computer is giving me troubles so I might not get this one done.
                                Post your problems, maybe one of us can help you out.

Comment

Working...
                                X