Gateworld Virtual Fleet 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
    Yeah i was thinking earlier that if you are not submitted designs for the Terran fleet we will need ones for the Aschen. I was also thinking about the fact that Aschen dont hav any allies, and i was thinking that the Grace alien's and maybe the Lucian allience could be the three tiers of the "Others" Grace being the Asgard, Aschen being us, Lucian allience obviously the Jaffa's counterparts.
    I think the Aschen should only have one or two classes for war, which are really powerfull but then alot of smaller vessells which are used for skirmishes and general movement around the galaxy.

PS:
    Heres a really rough model of the station: its changed dimensions...
    Spoiler:
    i will be submitting ship designs, just not stations as for the Aschen fleet i think they should have classes i see them as an evil version of us they should have a more rounded fleet in my eyes..3 standard ships and a few dreadnaughts as flagships...

the stations looks really good btw

i'll post my rough design of an Aschen warship later, and you can tell me what you think...
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

The space station looks alright, but it needs something at the top end of the station, or I would rotate it around and had the round bit at the bottom at the top just suggestion.

All running late got a party to go to, being a student is a hard life

Comment

Haha yeah i bet it is...
        Im probley gunna redesign the station a few times before i find someting i like lol, its not fantastic as it is.
        Its been a bit slow overnight, anyone have any new submittions?
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Heres my submissions:

Tau'ri Particle Cannon

Spoiler:

Length: 50m
          Width: 15m
          Height: 50m

Material: Reinforced Trinium Titanium

Power:
          3 Mark IV Naquadah generators

Engines:
          12x Ion thrusters (capable of a maximum speed of 500 km/s)

Weapons:
          1x High energy particle cannon, capable of a power discharge of 7.5 million kW

Shields:
          1x Asgard Shield

History:
          The 1st gen particle cannon was used in defending Earth between 2020 and 2035.
          In total there were 15 in orbital before their destruction at the hands of the wraith in the final battle over Earth.
          The 2nd gen cannon is more powerful than the first plus now has an asgard shield built into it.
          Again there plans to be around 15 put into orbit around Earth.

Tau'ri orbital station and shipyards

Spoiler:

length: 1300m
          width: 500m
          Height: 300m

Power:
          96 solar panels
          2 Mark III Naquadah Generator

Engines:
          8x Orbital correction Thrusters

Weapons:

Shields:
          3x Asgard Shields

History:
          The station itself is based on the 40 year old design of the international space station. In non-battle times the station is powered by it's solar panels. In battle the Naquadah generators take over and the shields kick in. Connected to the station is 2 1000m x 500m x 300m shipyards. This is where the biggest ships the tau'ri build are, due to lack of space on Earth. These were built around 2020 and 2022 respectively. The orbital correction thrusters are on the shipyards themselves. Due to the fact that there wasn't any need for any others, since the shipyards had these thrusters already. It was only after the end of the wraith that the 2 shipyards and the station were combined.

Pictures will be posted once I can upload the pics.
          Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 14 November 2006, 06:24 AM.

Comment

Do you have a history for either of those? will be working on my station model today

Ok first try:
            Last edited by immhotep; 14 November 2006, 02:46 AM.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
              Do you have a history for either of those? will be working on my station model today
              Added a history to it.

Comment

They look Good
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

They will do once I upload the pic, updated the particle cannon one too.

Comment

Ive updated my origional post with images. If it gets put through then i have the ability to add alot more detail/backstory to it.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Heres the pics:

Particle Cannon:
                      Spoiler:

Space station:
                      Spoiler:
                      http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=9571b14fb5dc06b6b0721f7e9ddb36b5
                      Last edited by Davidtourniquet; 14 November 2006, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post
                        Heres the pics:

Particle Cannon:

Space station:
                        Spoiler:
                        Cool, i hope we have a few other designs, the vote so far is between Me, you and Knowles2 Tauri repaired gouald station. Has anyone PM'd you?
                        Last edited by immhotep; 14 November 2006, 08:04 AM.
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

these look good
                          sigpic
                          Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by Davidtourniquet View Post

Tau'ri orbital station and shipyards

length: 1300m
                            width: 500m
                            Height: 300m

Power:
                            96 solar panels
                            2 Mark III Naquadah Generator

Engines:
                            8x Orbital correction Thrusters

Weapons:

Shields:
                            3x Asgard Shields

History:
                            The station itself is based on the 40 year old design of the international space station. In non-battle times the station is powered by it's solar panels. In battle the Naquadah generators take over and the shields kick in. Connected to the station is 2 1000m x 500m x 300m shipyards. This is where the biggest ships the tau'ri build are, due to lack of space on Earth. These were built around 2020 and 2022 respectively. The orbital correction thrusters are on the shipyards themselves. Due to the fact that there wasn't any need for any others, since the shipyards had these thrusters already. It was only after the end of the wraith that the 2 shipyards and the station were combined.

How about adding some selfdefense weapons, i'm only talking about 4 to 8 30mm railguns or the like. But so far my votes with you on this

Comment

Ill vote for mine; for reference here it is: http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....5&postcount=39
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Well I have worked on my station to day. Still loads to do, but thought I get my basic idea done, still, not sure about it but hey got start some where.

Comment

Working...
                                X