• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seventh Challenge Results

Members that I could find with completed submissions:
    Thekillman
    Finger13
    Experiment 442

I would officially like to congratulate Finger13 for winning the Seventh Challenge. Good Job!

Spoiler:
    sigpic
    ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Finger, do you have the results for the Eighth Challenge?
      sigpic
      ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Sixth Challenge Results

Members that I could find with completed submissions:
        Synate
        Merlin1701

I would officially like to congratulate Merlin1701 for winning the Sixth Challenge. Good Job!

Spoiler:

That's three for him guys, you really need to step up your game.
        sigpic
        ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
          Finger, do you have the results for the Eighth Challenge?
          I don't think I missed anyone.

RJB:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2459

Semmer:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2475

Merlin:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2466

Dr. Lee:
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2482

Comment

Wow. Sorry for this little clusterf***1 of posts up here. I get behind when I'm not in town for two months, but anyways I think I'm caught up on things here. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

1 - *Flashback* Okay so on my little two month excursion I had the chance to go see this movie called G-Force. Me, of course not knowing anything about the purpose or plot of the movie, went thinking it was going to be an alright movie. Well. I was wrong. It was a horrible movie about how a little group of gerbils that were a special forces team in the FBI. Bad Movie. But my point of this little thing is that when I said clusterf*** up there it reminded me of this god awful movie. Because the main objective of these little super FBI gerbils was to get this computer file called "clusterstorm" (not to mention I was the only person to burst out laughing in the theater when I heard that) and to stop appliances and a mole (like the animal) from taking over the world.
            God that was a bad movie.
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Cool thanks, could i also see the criteria paragraph?
              sigpic
              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Cool thanks, could i also see the criteria paragraph?
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=2168

There you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                  thanks
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

I just had an idea of something I wanted to do and threw this together really quickly. I'll put more time into this tomorrow.

It's basically a conventional tank with some badassery installed inside, and with a railgun as its main weapon. It might have limited shielding capabilities.

Spoiler:

Comment

I might just be me, but the barrel feels a tad big compared to the rest of the tank... otherwise, i like it, and i think it's gonna turn out great
                      sigpic

Spoiler:
                      Originally posted by IMDB
                      Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                      Hehe

Comment

I just had an idea of something I wanted to do and threw this together really quickly. I'll put more time into this tomorrow.

It's basically a conventional tank with some badassery installed inside, and with a railgun as its main weapon. It might have limited shielding capabilities.

Spoiler:

Inspired by Transfromers 2?

It looks like a mass driver, unless you want to shoot bullets the size of beach balls.

And while were on the subject, railgun artillery would probably work better, since with bullets that go mach 5+ it can put steel on almost any target within seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                          Inspired by Transfromers 2?

It looks like a mass driver, unless you want to shoot bullets the size of beach balls.

And while were on the subject, railgun artillery would probably work better, since with bullets that go mach 5+ it can put steel on almost any target within seconds.
                          Transformers 2 was the worst movie ever lol.

I don't know, I'll put the rails closer together. Like I said, I had just thrown that together. I'll scale it down a tad.

EDIT: *Ick* You're right, I've been watching too many sci-fi flicks and have forgotten what a conventional rail gun will look like.

Less imaginative, but still pretty awesome looking lol.
                          Last edited by Finger13; 10 August 2009, 06:07 AM.

Comment

Transformers 2 was the worst movie ever lol.
                            i actually liked it it may have something to do with watching it with the girl that's now my gf, but still it may not be to most well-writen movie ever made, but it still made me laugh
                            sigpic

Spoiler:
                            Originally posted by IMDB
                            Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
                            Hehe

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                              i actually liked it it may have something to do with watching it with the girl that's now my gf, but still it may not be to most well-writen movie ever made, but it still made me laugh
                              There was so much senselessness that was inexcusable lol.

They dumped Megatron in the Mariana Trench and yet left him fully functional?

They're in Egypt and then point to the sky: "It's the Jordanians!" Then the Jordanians get knocked out of the sky and it's like well what was the point in that?

He dies and goes to the Transformers afterworld? Then Transformers bring him back to life?

Optimus Prime destroys the old one but just leaves Megatron with like no conclusion. "This isn't over." It could have easily been over, they just want to make a terrible trilogy. I can just imagine the plot next time.

Michael Bay does not know how what he's doing lol. Man, even Terminator 4 got ruined. Where are the decent writers these days.

Comment

Ninth Challenge

For this, the Ninth Challenge the goal it to create a Land Based Assault Vehicle that can be used in multiple ways. Plain and simple, abide by the standard rules that are in the first post of this thread. All submissions are due on October 10, 2009 at Midnight EST.
                                Please use your brain when you want to question things, this is a simple challenge.If you want to do something and think it's against the rules, go look at them, don't ask me. I posted them for a reason.
                                Hmmm...... this could be rather crazy for me to undertake.... what with my computer still out of action (though the early signs are VERY promising on it coming back to life) and the fact i'm attending Haven 1 the weekend before the submission date......

But... hey, I'm sorta crazy anyway so... I'm in

Now to think of an idea......

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Working...
                                X