Modeling Challenge Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
    I have no interest in dating the little people who live inside my computer..
    UR n0T intureStid inn uS?! GEtt off OF teH INTuRNETZ LAWL!

Hahaha I like your Jaffa fighter.

Comment

You're all so small ...And I have no idea how you all got inside my laptop in the first place...

Comment

i have the power of teleportation and shrink.

and i'm god. but don't tell anyone. i like my privacy

Comment

Well I'm a series of electrical signals being pushed through a copper medium over vast distances. I get regenerated everytime a server or computer receives me and retransmits me. My name is that of your computer's IP address and that is my sole function in life, to arrive at your PC. Except in this case my glorious words are uploaded to the server's address and stored there, which you then access later and I, along with everyone else who has contributed to this page, are shuttled into the depths of your laptop.

I'd like to believe that I am a TCP connection because I am trustworthy and connection-oriented and like to get feedback on how I did to ensure the best results at the cost of speed.

I'm even cooler if I was transmitted over fibre optics at some point along the way, since I was transformed into light instead of electricity and as such I am double as awesome and traveled at nearly the speed of light. Or perhaps I was transmitted from a wireless access point (I suppose it'll be WiFi since the WiFi Alliance has a stranglehold on home wireless networking much like the Goa'uld), and as such I travelled in every direction and went through solid matter until attenuation got the best of me. But I do hope I was transmitted as 802.11n and nothing else, or else that wouldn't be nearly as awesome and my range would be adversely affected. And hopefully I was transmitted in the 5GHz range, because if I'm a lowly 2.4GHz I'd have to battle your cordless phones and microwaves in a never-ending duel. Damn you unlicensed 2.4GHz band!

/awesomeness.
          Last edited by Finger13; 30 December 2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
            Well I'm a series of electrical signals being pushed through a copper medium over vast distances. I get regenerated everytime a server or computer receives me and retransmits me. My name is that of your computer's IP address and that is my sole function in life, to arrive at your PC. Except in this case my glorious words are uploaded to the server's address and stored there, which you then access later and I, along with everyone else who has contributed to this page, are shuttled into the depths of your laptop.

I'd like to believe that I am a TCP connection because I am trustworthy and connection-oriented and like to get feedback on how I did to ensure the best results at the cost of speed.

I'm even cooler if I was transmitted over fibre optics at some point along the way, since I was transformed into light instead of electricity and as such I am double as awesome and traveled at nearly the speed of light. Or perhaps I was transmitted from a wireless access point (I suppose it'll be WiFi since the WiFi Alliance has a stranglehold on home wireless networking much like the Goa'uld), and as such I travelled in every direction and went through solid matter until attenuation got the best of me. But I do hope I was transmitted as 802.11n and nothing else, or else that wouldn't be nearly as awesome and my range would be adversely affected. And hopefully I was transmitted in the 5GHz range, because if I'm a lowly 2.4GHz I'd have to battle your cordless phones and microwaves in a never-ending duel. Damn you unlicensed 2.4GHz band!

/awesomeness.
            Really Finger?
            sigpic
            ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Lmao this discussion gave me a good laugh! thanks guys

Comment

You're all so small ...And I have no idea how you all got inside my laptop in the first place...
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Happy belated birthday by the way
                  sigpic
                  ----DeviantArt----

Comment

Originally posted by boberth2o View Post
                    Really Finger?
                    Yeah, sometimes I find it hard to fathom how awesome I am.

Modesty ftw.

Comment

More images here.
                      Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 02 January 2010, 02:02 PM.

Comment

[IMG]http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee230/pharaoh_hamenthotep/jaffaship

Really nice look and I like the scale comparison to the pyramid
                        no means no, and so does pepper spray
                        Sig by The Carpenter
                        sigpic

Comment

so.. when did or does the FJN challenge end? or did it just die out?
                          what are the suggestions for the upcoming challenge?

Comment

I was thinking of an AU challenge.... What if Earth hadn't re-opened the gate, and then the Goa'uld came aknocking.... What would we create to combat them?

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Well then, since there are no final entries what do we want to do next?
                              sigpic
                              ----DeviantArt----

Comment

id like to do something naval... or mecha...

Comment

Working...
                                X