Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jordyboy View Post
    Hi all,
    I just joined up to say how much I love this continuation! Ther Derkal are an amazing enemy and I am looking forward to further episodes...
    Welcome Jordyboy!

A few questions:
    1. What is happening with Janus' ancient ship?
    As far as I know it is still being repaired.

2. On a "powerful" scale, would the Jupiter and the Aurora be the most powerful ships in the Galaxy, or is the Jaffa's massive ships better or is the Derkal's massive ships better (Im talking in terms of 1 on 1 battles)
    Here is where the major ships rank (I think ):

1. Der'Kal supership

2. MBP-305 (Jupiter class)

3. Nox mothership

4. Ha'tak'ko/Hak'tyl class and the DSC-304 class.

5. Der'Kal crusier

6. Ha'tak

3. What of the Exarch? Is he pissed off the Derkal lost Earth? Is he impressed with the Tau'rie?
    I don't think that he was too happy about the loss of Earth.

4. What is our current fleet strength?
    8 ships (plus Janus' ship).

2 MBP-305s (Jupiter and Aurora)

3 DSC-304s (Apollo, Phoenix, and an un-named ship)

3 BC-303s (3 un-named ships)

5. Who is now on the Offensive/Defensive? Alliance or Derkal?
    The Der'Kal are mostly on the offense while the Alliance is mostly on defense.

Dr. D
    God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
    Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Thought after the recent successes of the Allience that they would be on a full offensive. Afterall with the deaths of the top commanders, the destruction of a gigantic fleet, and capture of Earth the Alliance would be stupid not to go on a full out assault and take advantage why they can.
      Especially with Pandorras box and while us humans may be picky about sacrificing our lives I sure there plenty of Jaffa who would volunteer.

Plus a new ally to join the fight.

Comment

The Nox ships should be better than 305s, I think.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
          Thought after the recent successes of the Allience that they would be on a full offensive. Afterall with the deaths of the top commanders, the destruction of a gigantic fleet, and capture of Earth the Alliance would be stupid not to go on a full out assault and take advantage why they can.
          Especially with Pandorras box and while us humans may be picky about sacrificing our lives I sure there plenty of Jaffa who would volunteer.

Plus a new ally to join the fight.
          Pandoras box is like all other ancient tech is most ably used by those with the greatest ancient gene or greatest advancement. Jack could use it well as he had natural ancient gene, Jackson would porpbably be able to use it if he tried properly cuz he was once ascended. But jason carter had reworked his DNA to be highly evolved meaning he could the use the device alot longer than anyone else. these people all have a great affinity with using ancient tech so even if any person could use pandora's box i doubt many could use it to destroy more than a couple of ships at a time especially if the bigger thes hip is the harder it is destroy.

Comment

couple of ships is better than non and consider that the enemy have no defence a against, a couple ships suddenly exploding could do a lot of damage to moral, may be even force them to retreat from that particular engagement. Especially if it one of the bigger ones in the fleet.

Plus we got jason research which could be use to modified other volunteers DNA for the job.

Comment

The Nox ships should be better than 305s, I think.
              I do not think so. Remember that the Nox ships are from the time of the original Alliance.

Dr. D
              God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
              Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
                I do not think so. Remember that the Nox ships are from the time of the original Alliance.

Dr. D
                just because they are older doesnt mean they arent better, we wouldnt even be as powerful as we are if it wasnt for the asgard, and look at the aurora class battleship of the ancients for an example
                Captain Simms

Comment

When is the ep coming?
                  sigpic

The replicator isnt running away, he is just, um, shifting fase

Comment

if got the feeling that something happend to his computer again.
                    it has been a week since he last answered
                    R.I.P MJ

sigpic
                    -- May the force be with you --

Don S. Davis - You will be rememberd

Ba'al: "You dare mock me?"
                    Jack O'Neill: "Come on Ba'al, you should know. Of course I dare mock you."

Comment

Well he was oonline yesterday
                      And the 305 is much stronger then a nox ship.
                      No dubt about it.
                      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

if something happened to his PC he would have let us know by now, last time he was on a laptop from a friend or something. i just hope this silence means he is busy writing the next ep.
                        check my story's:
                        Battlestar group 16
                        and Under Siege
                        and respond at:
                        Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                        my newest story:
                        TFS Ticonderoga
                        and respond at:
                        TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Yes.
                          And as I said, he was online yesterday.
                          He is often online and checks this thread, then he logs out.
                          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

so who wants to see more of the jaffa state of things and that of the alliance haha because id like to see more of that admiral kitel
                            Captain Simms

Comment

15x13 "Dark Tide"
                              Synopsis: Some of the former SG-1 team are stranded offworld while trying to assist in repelling a Der'kal attack, and come face-to-face with an elite squad of alien warriors modeled after their own now-legendary selves.
                              Spoiler:
                              The tranquil planet Balyana has been a Free Jaffa retreat for years, a backwater world covered with lush vegetation and unobtrusive cityscapes. It has little to no strategic value, but its existence as a key supplier of foodstuffs and biological materials to the surrounding sectors make it an vital point to defend nonetheless. So valuable, in fact, that the entirety of the Free Jaffa Third Fleet has been on permanent guardianship of the region as far back as the war against the Ori. And now, that never-ending protection is paying off, as the Der'kal armada approaches this quiet world, dispatching dozens of ships and pummel its defenses into scrap metal.

Spread out across the Balyana system, the Third Fleet anxiously awaits its reinforcements from Dar Eshkalon, the economic hub of the Nation now thankfully free from enemy siege with the war shifting fronts. Over the planet itself, the Third Fleet's supreme commander waits on his ship's pel'tak, pacing nervously as reports of engagements on the fringes of the system reach him. The Der'kal will be here in less than an hour, and with his forces so scattered and theirs so concentrated, it's going to be near-impossible to do hold out alone. And then, thankfully, a hyperspace window opens, and a full dozen more ha'tak and support ships are ejected... as well as a Hak'tyl-class mothership, in this case the namesake vessel itself (first seen in "Inroads, Part 1"). Onboard the Free Jaffa flagship, Admiral Kitel informs the Third Fleet that his wing of the First Fleet is here to assist them. He says let the aliens come; they'll be ready and waiting.

Meanwhile, on Earth, excavations of the old ISGC have finally been completed, and the complex has been dug out enough to allow for the stargate to be lifted out and flown to New York, still the largest and most-secured military base on the planet. As the portal is lowered into its temporary home just outside of Times Square, Mitchell and Daniel look on with mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, having a working gate again is a massive bonus, but on the other, it just doesn't seem right for it not to be in Cheyenne Mountain's embarkation room. Coming up behind them, Vala brings each man a mug of coffee, saying that as fun as it is to watch the makeshift ISGC get put together, they've been called to appear before the People's Assembly within the hour down at the United Nations. With one final look over at the construction site, the three of them depart.

Roughly an hour later, Danielle Talbot is meeting with various representatives of the aforementioned Assembly, trying to ease tensions between them and smooth over several incidents. Ever since returning to Earth, the coalition government has splintered, with regional alliances forming to protect their sovereign nations as they are liberated from Der'kal occupation. All the unifications progress that had been made with the UN prior to their forced retreat to the Beta Site seems to be coming undone, and it may take a miracle to bring all humanity back together again. Just as Talbot starts to reach her breaking point, though, Daniel, Vala, and Cameron appear in the doorway to her new office, and she hastily informs the dignitaries that they must leave so she can prepare their guests. Grumbling and muttering in their various languages, the representatives step outside, leaving the others alone.

As she sinks into her chair, Talbot laughs coldly, saying how she almost wishes they had never gotten the planet back for all the trouble it's causing. Regardless, she asked them here for a reason; the Assembly is looking to effectively neuter the power of what remains of the ISGC—meaning the Beta Site and those that operated out of it—by placing all offworld activity under their direct supervision. And while normally she wouldn't mind this, as the Stargate Program has always been monitored by one government or another, in this case it would be disastrous. Many of the nations in the FPE hardly think that Earth should be participating in the war anymore now that their homeworld has been taken back, almost entirely without the assistance of the Alliance, no less, and they would certainly prevent any sort of action to bring the Der'kal back. And idiotic as it sounds, they do have a point; as it stands, they couldn't repel an alien assault even a fourth the size of the one that beat them two years ago ("Star By Star") without Pandora's Box, and no one seems willing to put another life in danger to operate the superweapon.

Vala thinks that all this arguing is pointless, as Jason Carter is perfectly capable of firing the device so long as he gives himself time to rest between each use. But Talbot replies that she already pointed that out to the Assembly, and their reaction was one of horror. They've suddenly decided that morality is higher than survival in this one area, and using someone barely out of adolescence in such a way is out of the question. Shrugging, Mitchell says that it doesn't matter so much right now anyway, and as long as nothing major happens, they can take their time to rebuild and wait for this bout of isolationism to fade. Unfortunately, though, that isn't exactly the case, as they received a report from the Alliance two hours ago explaining that a major Der'kal offensive against the Free Jaffa was underway, and that Earth's assistance was requested in group operations immediately. Given their stance on these things, of course, the Assembly flatly denied Talbot's request to dispatch a battalion of troops to assist.

Mortified, Daniel suggests that they could always just go rogue and do something anyway as they've done before ("Rogues, Part 1"), and Talbot agrees that it may be the only way. She can get them access to the new stargate facility for a short time, but it'll be their only window; the FPE is too busy preparing for the emergency election of representatives from occupation and refugee candidates anyway, and they'll be too preoccupied with watching the polls. They'll have to move fast and go, while she distracts and diverts attention from their whereabouts. Hopefully, the elections will be enough, but if it's not, they could find themselves without access to the gate indefinitely. Determined to do what they can, Jackson, Mitchell, and Vala head out to gear up, and Talbot grabs the nearest phone and begins dialing.

Shortly afterwards, four figures wearing combat uniforms and carrying P90s enter the ruined hotel ballroom currently being remodeled into a center for offworld operations. The marines in the area say nothing and wordlessly wave them through, glancing around for any supervisors who may report this unauthorized entry. One of the four casually walks over to the computer terminal set up near the close-by stargate's ramp and enters a string of commands, then steps back as the inner ring unlocks and starts to spin. Vala, Mitchell, Jackson, and Maj. Eaton all wait nervously as the first six symbols are encoded, but curse when an Assembly-answering officer walks by and sees the seventh chevron about to lock, radioing his superiors that someone is activating the gate. Before any action can be taken, however, the last glyph is locked and the event horizon forms. Mitchell shouts to move out immediately, and he and the other three rush into the puddle, closely followed by about a dozen of the soldiers guarding the gate.

Halfway across the galaxy, the stargate on Balyana opens, and the Tau'ri personnel stumble through to a shocking sight; in the distance, Der'kal dropships can be seen offloading thousands of alien warriors, and on a hill opposite their position, entrenched Jaffa forces fire down at them with staff cannons and all manner of golden plasma weaponry. It's a massive engagement, and the primary settlement on the planet—itself a mile to the west of the gate's position, is already billowing smoke into the skies. The newly-arrived human troops are realizing that there's no way they're going to help turn the tide with their pitiful numbers, but perhaps they can still be of some help anyway. Pointing toward the city, Cameron tells the marines who came with them to stay and guard the stargate, and he and the others will make their way to the Jaffa command structure and see what they can do.

Striking out into the treeline, Vala can't take her eyes off the battle raging in the valley nearby, listening to the thundering roar of weaponsfire and watching the colorful streaks of energy being hurled back and forth. She saw a lot of death while leading raids into Der'kal space with her ragtag fleet of smugglers, but never anything like this. In fact, she can scarcely think of anytime she's watched the alien armada put this many troops on the ground, but Daniel points out that they've never really had the chance to see it anyway. Most of the times they fought the enemy, it was against small scout parties or isolated groups from a larger unit, but unlike the Goa'uld or Ori, the Der'kal frequently land armies of this size or larger on planets to overwhelm defenses. Then again, they may have to, as also unlike the galaxy's former enemies, the Der'kal have to contend with the unified might of the Alliance.

As they make their way through the foliage, though, Eaton pauses, listening. Then her eyes grow wide and she shouts for everyone to move just as an alien gunship comes up over the ridge, pelting their immediate area with green plasma. As the team dives for cover, the gunship skims the treetops and makes for the stargate, its crew spotting the human soldiers there with ease and opening fire on them, blowing massive holes in the ground with its belly cannon. The marines fight back with their small arms, but it's clear that there's very little they can do. Watching helplessly from the forest, Mitchell finally yanks the others to their feet and shouts that they need to get out of here; there's nothing they can do for the others, and if they don't move now, the gunship will just turn around and finish the job with them, too. Reluctantly, but knowing there's no choice, the foursome rushes off in the direction of the settlement.

On Earth, Talbot is being dragged before the Free People's Assembly to answer for her role in the unauthorized activation of the stargate. As she is tossed before the representatives meeting in the United Nations General Assembly hall, the mass of diplomats glare down at her with scorn. Despite the fact that Talbot and her people were instrumental in saving their lives just a week before ("Against the Night"), they seem determined to lay the blame on someone, and apparently she's as good a scapegoat as anyone. One of the dignitaries, one from a South American nation by the look of her, demands to know what she was thinking when she looked the other way in regards to her former subordinates actions. This is not the ISGC, and she has no real power anymore; she had a responsibility to report the actions of Lt. Col. Mitchell and those that left with him, and for failing that responsibility, there must be consequences.

(First part of "Dark Tide," see next few posts for more.)
                              Last edited by s09119; 26 August 2009, 12:00 PM.
                              Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                              Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

(More of "Dark Tide," see next few posts for more and previous post for opening.)

Spoiler:
                                Feeling as though she's merely repeating the same old battle they always have to fight, Danielle argues that as allies of the Jaffa, they have an obligation to assist them. And, as always, the beaurocrats fire back that Earth must always come first, no matter what. Throwing up her arms, Talbot shouts that these aren't the days when humanity was utterly alone in the universe; times have changed! And then, pointing to the clock on the wall of the chamber, she says that in the next few hours a new body will be in power regardless, one which, hopefully, will realize common sense. And with that, she turns and stalks out of the Assembly hall, leaving the stunned representatives to ponder their own roles in all this.

In orbit over Balyana, Kitel is coordinating an intense planetary defense force; most of the Third Fleet has finally made their way back to the planet itself, and now he can arrange a proper resistance to the Der'kal ships pressing in on him from all sides. Unfortunately, it appears that the Jaffa were unable to prevent the aliens from taking up orbital positions of their own, and the invaders can freely shuttle down their dropships with only minor interference from death glider squadrons darting in and out of the atmosphere. And to make matters worse, Kitel can only have his ships fire in certain vectors, as the vast growing fields of the world below could almost be considered more-valuable than the entire Fleet; without the foodstuffs produced here, not to mention its virtually-untapped naquadah veins, this entire quadrant of the galaxy would face severe shortfalls.

As the Hak'tyl takes fire from a small group of enemy frigates, one of the sensory terminals lights up as it detects the activation of the planet's stargate. Almost at once, a Der'kal gunship can be seen on the sensors breaking off from the main battle on the surface and moving towards the portal, and Kitel realizes that whoever just came through only has moments left before a deadly ambush. Turning to one of his subordinates, he shouts for aid to be diverted to the gate's area immediately, then turn his attention back to the display of the vicious scene before him.

On the surface itself, the makeshift team of Tau'ri reinforcements are running for their lives again, the alien gunship that killed their fellows blasting down at them through the forest. Mitchell and Eaton are trying to force it away with their P90s, but the bullets aren't have much of an effect, and Vala and Daniel's efforts to radio for help are being met with little but static. As one of the green bursts of plasma rips a nearby tree into splinters and nearly kills Cameron, all really does seem lost for the heroes, but then a saving grace comes in the form of screeching death from above; an al'kesh approaches from orbit and targets the gunship with its own belly cannon, shattering its army with golden energy until the small craft explodes in a brilliant fireball. Then the Jaffa bomber's pilot radios the team, telling them to get underneath his exterior rings immediately, as he has orders to bring them up to Admiral Kitel's flagship ASAP, and they'll only have a few seconds before the Der'kal send interceptors to blow them out of the sky.

Glancing at one another, the Tau'ri realize that this could well be their only chance of extraction, and they assemble on the indicated patch of ground and wait for the rings to activate. Just as they begin coming down to transport them up, though, Vala spots a pair of alien gunships coming over the ridge, alredy targeting them with their belly turrets. Daniel moves to pull her out of harm's way, as if he could somehow drag her out of the blast radius in time, but just as the green plasma bursts reach out toward them, the four humans are encompassed by the rings and sent up into the al'kesh itself, sparing their lives. The entire ship shakes violently as the two Der'kal craft shift their focus to it, but the Jaffa pilot manages to evade most of their fire and rocket up into the atmosphere.

As they break into orbit, the enemy gunships having broken off and returned to combating the Jaffa forces on the ground, the team staggers into the al'kesh's pel'tak, thanking the pilot for his timely rescue. He says it was no trouble at all, and saving the legendary SG-1 is an honor any day. Mitchell starts to explain that they're not actually SG-1, as that group was disbanded when Earth fell, but the pilot insists that to the people of the galaxy, the now-mythic team will always exist in whatever small band of human warriors continue the good fight to free the galaxy from tyranny and oppression. After 15 years, the very term has become synomomous with extraordinary bravery and skill, and a willingness to go far beyond the call of duty to defend life wherever it may thrive. Then the pilot hears his control console beeping, and he turns around to attend to the final approach to Kitel's vessel.

On the opposite side of the battle, the commander of the Der'kal contingent watches a small red dot (signifying the al'kesh) entering the hanger of the largest red dot on his tactical display (the Hak'tyl). Furious that his men failed to shoot down the bomber, he shouts for someone to comfirm that it was indeed the members of SG-1 that were spotted on Balyana's surface. One of his officers reports that there was indeed a confirmation, as the warriors on the two gunships got positive facial recognation responses when three of the humans were scanned. Also, the escaped prisoner Rebbecca Eaton ("Interludes") is among them, as well, in addition to the famed Cameron Mitchell, Daniel Jackson, and Vala Mal Doran. The commander takes a moment to let that soak in, then orders that the "Rit'na'kal" be summoned and prepared for departure. He intends to take SG-1 out once and for all, and he knows just how to do it...

On the Hak'tyl itself, the al'kesh is landing in a massive hanger bay, one in which other bombers, death gliders, and various small Goa'uld ships are constantly entering and exiting as they head out to battle or return for minor repairs. Mitchell, Jackson, Vala, and Eaton all ring down to the hanger deck, and find an honor guard of Jaffa waiting for them. Their leader says that the Admiral is waiting on the pel'tak to speak with them, and also that he made a point of having the Tau'ri soldiers escorted up to the bridge by his finest troops. Daniel insists that it's really not necessary, but the Jaffa warrior merely smiles and motions for them to follow him out of the hanger. Resigning himself to the high-profile treatment, Jackson starts off, and the others fall into step behind him.

Outside the relative safety the flagship offers, the orbital conflict is as fierce as ever, with plasma flying back and forth in a criss-cross of colored death. On the cruiser acting as the Der'kal command ship, though, a previously-concealed hanger is sliding open, and what looks like a heavily-modified gunship is departing. It's roughly three times larger than the standard version, more ther size of a small al'kesh than anything else, and it appears to be packed with all sorts of extra modules, namely heavier weapons emplacements. As the gunship ducks under a nearby corvette, it cloaks before making its approach run on its obvious target, the Hak'tyl. This is demonstrating an ability in the small alien strike craft not usually seen, and suggests that this is a special ship, indeed. Whatever the case, its closing on the Free Jaffa flagship with astonishing speed, and no doubt with ill intent.

The gunship flies up to the shield around the ha'tak'ko preventing it from getting inside, seemingly meeting an immovable obstacle. And yet then something completely unexpected happens; the gunship decloaks and raises a force field of its own (in itself something astonishing, as these craft have never been seen to have shields before), and then, perfectly without problem, it moves forward and passes through the Hak'tyl's shield. The Der'kal must have been able to devise a generator capable of producing a barrier with the exact frequency and vibration pattern as that of the ships of the Free Jaffa, and that would allow them to simply fly through their defensive screens as though they weren't even there. Now unheeded, the alien gunship cloaks again, the entire process of sneaking inside the field taking only a few seconds, and pulls up next to the flagship's hull, rotating its numerous weapons to target one specific spot.

Inside the vessel, the human team is being escorted through that very area, completely unaware of the danger hovering only a few hundred meters away with only a sheet of metal in between. Gazing around at the sleek lines of the ship, Vala mutters how much she could have used a few of these during the past year. Having to plan raids with nothing but System Lord-era ha'tak and ancient death gliders bordered on painful at times, and she lost a lot of good people to thousand-year-old equipment. She had taken the Lucian Alliance a long way from the pathetic scraps it had been when she had first taken command ("To Have Loved and Lost"), but a handful of ha'tak'ko could easily have made all the difference in her struggles. It really does make one appreciate the fleet of hyper-advanced warships Earth was once able to field, now reduced to almost nothing.

Suddenly, the wall up ahead explodes into the ship, exposing them all to hard vacuum and sucking passing personnel and equipment alike into space. Mitchell shouts for everyone to grab something, even as most of their Jaffa escort, having been walking a few meters ahead of them, are pulled through the hole. The escort's leader, however, manages to grab a nearby column, shouting in Goa'uld for someone to alert the Admiral that they've had a hull breach. And then, out of nowhere, the breach is sealed, despite the fact that there is still a very-obvious hole in the wall with space seen beyond it. As everyone in the corridor collapses onto the ground, stunned and out of breath, they watch as a ramp mysteriously shimmers into existence, extending down from what appears to be nothing. But as soon as it's low enough to see past, Major Eaton recognizes the interior of the clearly-cloaked craft that must be blocking the rupture; it's a Der'kal gunship!

The instant she shouts her revelation, green plasma bolts begin whizzing out of the unseen craft, striking down Jaffa warriors struggling to stand up in the nearly-oxygen-less hallway. Some manage to raise their staff weapons and fire, but without really having visible targets to shoot at, the enemy remaining in the rear of their vessel, it's not long before they, too, are gunned down. Staggering behind a pair of columns near the opposite wall, Eaton, Mitchell, Vala, and Daniel all ready their P90s and take aim, their last escort soldier ducking behind a nearby outcropping and readying his Sodan-style weapon. For a long moment, no one moves, and there is silence in the area as the survivors of the surprise attack look on anxiously.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X