No announcement yet.

Dark Shadows : News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was just a child when it was first on, but I never missed an episode. I have only watched a few episodes from time to time since then.

Did you see the newer version they did a few years back? It didn't last long, but I watched it till they snatched it off the air.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
      I was just a child when it was first on, but I never missed an episode. I have only watched a few episodes from time to time since then.

Did you see the newer version they did a few years back? It didn't last long, but I watched it till they snatched it off the air.
      No, never watched the '91 show. I did see the clip for the 2004 pilot with Alec Newman though.

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Hmm, hear about theWB wanting to remake the show, but it wasn't picked up because, "other shows seemed more deserving" (thats kind of what theWB said).

I saw some episodes of the original series, i think the more older episodes since it was still in black and white... Wow, that was supposed to be a soap opera (thats what a tv site describes it as)... Not a big fan, but it seemed kind of interesting.
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
          Hmm, hear about theWB wanting to remake the show, but it wasn't picked up because, "other shows seemed more deserving" (thats kind of what theWB said).

I saw some episodes of the original series, i think the more older episodes since it was still in black and white... Wow, that was supposed to be a soap opera (thats what a tv site describes it as)... Not a big fan, but it seemed kind of interesting.
          Yes, lets not forget the two shows they picked instead just got canceled.

You just saw the black and white ones!? Oh, it got a lot better later (1795 was one of my favorites ).

The Brane: Bringing the evil, freaking people out, taking their sanity since 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Angelique
            Yes, lets not forget the two shows they picked instead just got canceled.

You just saw the black and white ones!? Oh, it got a lot better later (1795 was one of my favorites ).
            Ooo- maybe i'll check those out...

Yah, those two shows... What were they again? Haha... Was it The Mountain i think? What was the other one...
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
              Ooo- maybe i'll check those out...

Yah, those two shows... What were they again? Haha... Was it The Mountain i think? What was the other one...
              Yes, very memorable shows.

I think 1897 was my favorite though, it was kinda strange though, but it had all my favorite characters in it (Got to love Magda, Pansy Faye and Quentin!).

Comment

Did anyone see the movies 'Night of Dark Shadows' and 'House of Dark Shadows"? One was about Barnabas and the other was about Quentin.

Comment

Originally posted by PYEWACKETT
                  Did anyone see the movies 'Night of Dark Shadows' and 'House of Dark Shadows"? One was about Barnabas and the other was about Quentin.
                  I've watched House Of Dark Shadows a few times, but I've only ever seen the end of Night of Dark Shadows

Comment

So,what was everyone's favorite storyline?

Comment

The gypsy hand of Count Petofi. Especially when the gypsies came after him to get the hand back.

Comment

Originally posted by PYEWACKETT
                        The gypsy hand of Count Petofi. Especially when the gypsies came after him to get the hand back.
                        Yes, I liked that storyline too! I liked all of 1897!

Comment

Night falls on the great estate of Collinwood
                          Stay indoors you really should

For if you don't you may expire
                          At the hands of a Vampire

If that fate you wish to escape
                          Keep your eyes open for a long dark cape

If you don't want to disappear
                          Of Quentin, you need to have some fear

To the cliffs please don't go
                          You might fall off you never know

Stay away from Petofi's hand
                          Or you might have trouble from a gypsy band

Of Angelique please beware
                          With her you must take plenty of care

Also you may want to stay free
                          From an alternate reality

If you take a trip into the past
                          You never know it might be your last

But if to Collinsport you do run
                          You just might have alot of fun.

Comment

That's graet pye! Any more? Do you remember the words to Quentin's theme?

Comment

Here's something that I have no idea where I got, but I saved it:

Things Overheard at the Collinwood Branch of H & R Block!
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------
                              "I'LL give you reason #206! I'll BITE you!"
                              "No, Roger, removing it from your bloodstream at this
                              point, will NOT exempt you from the liquor tax!"
                              "Yes, I suppose if your child is possessed, that makes TWO dependents."
                              "No, Mr. Collins, the Federal Government does NOT consider
                              Parallel Time a legal address."
                              "Miss Collins, I don't care WHY you decorated your room
                              in asbestos, but it's NOT considered a home improvement!"
                              "Mr. Blair, I fear you need to be more specific than
                              'V.P. From Hell' for your occupation."
                              "Well, I'd say if the child were dead half a year, and
                              then alive half a year, you should get half a deduction."
                              "No, Miss Hoffman, I will NOT stare at your amulet. You owe $200!"
                              "Your only account is at a BLOOD bank?"

Comment

That was funny. The problem is that I haven't seen the shows for several years and I can't remember some of the specifics. I wish that the SciFi channel would start running it again. It's better than alot of the stuff that they are showing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X