• Time
  • Show
Clear All

was that the MIB music?

Comment

Originally posted by Imo
      I can't wait!
      and I think Mos Def is gonna be great as Ford Prefect
      ITA. I hope they keep the "What if I told you I wasn't really from Guildford" line.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
        ITA. I hope they keep the "What if I told you I wasn't really from Guildford" line.
        what if i told you i was from a small planet, somewhere in the area of betelguese?

i don't know... why? do you feel it's something you're likely to say?

the vogons so far look somewhat disappointing....

i have reservations, but i know i'll be in line opening night...and as mentioned above, with a towel...
        Thanks!
        Jordan

my page
        My LJ
        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

a great trailer. this is the sort of trailer that will bring in audiences, and the movie will please everyone, especially us fans of the books and everything.

i can't wait!
          spook

Comment

Best way to get fans to see this movie: hand out towels and Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters at the door.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Yes, I believe they used the music from MIB. This happens sometimes when they don't have the soundtrack ready for the trailer, so they use someother soundtrack that fits. As has been pointed out in previous points, MGM used the soundtrack from the Stargate motion picture for the Polar Express trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by VirtualCLD
                Yes, I believe they used the music from MIB. This happens sometimes when they don't have the soundtrack ready for the trailer, so they use someother soundtrack that fits. As has been pointed out in previous points, MGM used the soundtrack from the Stargate motion picture for the Polar Express trailer.
                They used the SG theme for Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow trailer. Since that movie's supposed to be set in the 40s it just amused me.
                And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                Daniel: Oh! You see?
                Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Wow...I love the Books! I'm actually finally reading the books now. So far i'm on the Fourth book.

I had no idea there was a movie being made...then again I shouldn't be surprised.

but I did know they had the BBC version made way be when....

anyways yay! something else to look forward to in the Summer!
                  ~Athena

Comment

I still need to read the books. I have so many books I want to read! Gah! Hopefully I can see the movie.
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by Paperbox
                      I thought there were 5 books.
                      Yes. I think the other is "Mostly Harmless"

Comment

Originally posted by Qtyled
                        Yes. I think the other is "Mostly Harmless"
                        Yes Mostly Harmless is the last book of the "Trilogy"

I'm bored so I'll list the five books in order:

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
                        The Restuarant at the end of the Universe
                        Life, the Universe, and Everything
                        So Long, and Thanks for all the Fish
                        Mostly Harmless
                        ~Athena

Comment

Gihugic version!

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Yey! Super hi-res quicktime!

Comment

I watched the Amazon trailer the other day - were my eyes deceiving me or did Zaphod only have 1 head?

I can't wait to see Bill Nighy as Zlarty Bartfast, and Marvin is going to be fab, but I'll have to suck it and see with the rest of the film.

Who mentioned taking a towel? You don't mean that you don't always carry a towel with you?? For shame!!!
                              In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger
                                I watched the Amazon trailer the other day - were my eyes deceiving me or did Zaphod only have 1 head?

I can't wait to see Bill Nighy as Zlarty Bartfast, and Marvin is going to be fab, but I'll have to suck it and see with the rest of the film.

Who mentioned taking a towel? You don't mean that you don't always carry a towel with you?? For shame!!!
                                Nah, he's got 2 heads, they're just not side by side. One head is underneath the other one.

-IMF
                                "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                                "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                                BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X