No announcement yet.

Timeless (NBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope they are going to tie this up soon. There are only 3 eps left this season, and I doubt it will get a third season. It got a 2nd life after being cancelled last year, and I think it's ratings have slipped significantly since S1. When it does get the axe, I hope some other network picks it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I just hope they are going to tie this up soon. There are only 3 eps left this season, and I doubt it will get a third season. It got a 2nd life after being cancelled last year, and I think it's ratings have slipped significantly since S1. When it does get the axe, I hope some other network picks it up.

I don't think modern writers know how to tie up and finish stories.
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
        Well, Lucy confirmed to Wyatt that
        Spoiler:
        nothing ever happened other than talking when she went in to Flynn's room. Which is what I suggested earlier.

One of my suspicions seems to be developing...
        Spoiler:
        I felt that Jessica has something to do with Rittenhouse. It seems that Connor found a piece of evidence pointing in that direction. Now we'll just have to see what she has to do with Rittenhouse and how Connor and Agent Christopher break it to Wyatt.
        Spoiler:
        Well, I don't think absolutely nothing happened. Lucy was way too awkward in that beginning scene for it to have been strictly talking.

As for Jessica, I hope they don't make her a Rittenhouse agent. Making her evil seems like the easy way out.

That's my fear.

Comment

Of course it won't survive. When we do get a really good show it rarely survives these days
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            Of course it won't survive. When we do get a really good show it rarely survives these days
            Well I hope it can get picked up by someone else.

Comment

Good to who?
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                Time travel shows usually die quickly. I suspect one of the reasons is that you have to follow the story and know what has gone before to follow what is going on, and many people don't have the time or inclination to keep up.

This show is different; the episodes have enough self-contained material that you can enjoy it even if you don't know the details of what has come before. They are actually nice little history lessons about obscure corners of history. I rather like that.

But alas, it takes a huge audience (by sci fi standards) to keep a show on the air on an old-line network.
                And that is hard for a time travel show.

Comment

Interesting episode. I was sure Rittenhouse was going to try to take out Reagan for good but...
                  Spoiler:
                  they were going after Agent Christopher. The results of which would've been very detrimental to the team if Rittenhouse pulled it off. I also like the positive ramifications of Lucy and Jiya telling Agent Christopher about her future wife and children.

Next week is a two hour season finale. I'm hoping that is all it is...a season finale. I really hate when shows end on a cliffhanger.
                  sigpic

Comment

Interesting episode. I was sure Rittenhouse was going to try to take out Reagan for good but...
                    Spoiler:
                    they were going after Agent Christopher. The results of which would've been very detrimental to the team if Rittenhouse pulled it off. I also like the positive ramifications of Lucy and Jiya telling Agent Christopher about her future wife and children.

Next week is a two hour season finale. I'm hoping that is all it is...a season finale. I really hate when shows end on a cliffhanger.
                    Spoiler:
                    You can see the cliffhanger already; Rufus' fate and the inevitability of Jiya's predictions.

But sadly, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will get another season on NBC. I rather like this show. Maybe someone else will pick it up.

Comment

Spoiler:
                      You can see the cliffhanger already; Rufus' fate and the inevitability of Jiya's predictions.

But sadly, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think it will get another season on NBC. I rather like this show. Maybe someone else will pick it up.
                      Yes, that is what I see as the possible cliffhanger. But there is also
                      Spoiler:
                      the team getting stranded
                      sigpic

Comment

Yes, that is what I see as the possible cliffhanger. But there is also
                        Spoiler:
                        the team getting stranded
                        Spoiler:
                        Which would be quite appropriate for a SERIES finale, which is what I think we will really get.

Comment

Spoiler:
                          Which would be quite appropriate for a SERIES finale, which is what I think we will really get.
                          We will have to disagree with that. I don't think it would be appropriate at all...but that is just me.
                          sigpic

Comment

I still don't get why modern writers can't write a proper beginning, middle, and end to their seasons, and instead either write themselves into a hole or do so many things that they can't wrap up a story because they did too many things?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              I still don't get why modern writers can't write a proper beginning, middle, and end to their seasons, and instead either write themselves into a hole or do so many things that they can't wrap up a story because they did too many things?
                              Ummm...when the ending of a series is planned, it gets a proper beginning, middle, and end. When the network waits until after the final episode is written to announce if a show is continuing after the current season...we're left with a cliffhanger that is never answered (usually). So, I don't blame this on the writers...it is the network that makes the decision whether to continue the show or not. It is the network that takes its sweet time to determine if a show will continue or end.
                              sigpic

Comment

Considering NBC already cancelled this once, and only uncancelled it because it was cheap to produce and filled the gap in the schedule, you'd think the producers would consider it unlikely to be renewed again unless it had a massive uprating in the viewership figures.

However, the series is on Netflix here, so maybe the producers foresaw this...

Comment

Working...
                                X