12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    The one good thing about a show getting burned off in the way that Caprica was, is that you don't have to wait a week between episodes and you can watch them all at once, if you want.
    That's how I caught Caprica's burnoff. I knew it would be burned, but not when. Luckily, the DVR caught it. Same settings are on it for Haven, so if they do a surprise burn, I should catch it.

Comment

I didn't like the last episode. I don't hate it but i don't like it either. I found the future "bad guy" story completely unneccesary and cliche. What was the point of all this since nothing changed in the end? character development for cole? what we learnt for cole needed 10 min. time not a whole episode.
      Thankfully next episode seems much more promising.

Comment

I really liked Atari (ep4).
        Spoiler:
        We got to see more of the future world, and it fleshed out Cole and Ramse a bit more too. Deacon was a pretty generic post-apocalyptic villain, and at times, it did feel like I was watching an episode of Revolution and not 12 Monkeys (it didn't help that the West 7 (?) leader played a similar character during a first season episode of Revolution lol), but I didn't really mind that much.
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
          i loved the use of time travel in this episode, it was quite fun, while i don't want them to overdo it, i still hope they do a couple more episodes like this one (atari) really good ep, also starting to like Ramse abit more, trying not to because Kirk Acevado always dies in whatever his in lol his kinda like sean bean that way
          Last Movie Watched
          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
          Life is Strange

Comment

episode 4 ratings:

0.2 adult rating, 0.730 viewers

this time there was no advanced release of the episode online, so it is really bad.
            Last edited by pakar; 09 February 2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Well, let's hope that the management of the network is willing to live with low ratings for a while as they attempt to win their science fiction audience back. They've driven many of them off over the past several years, and it will take time to win them back.

However, since the bean counters who run most businesses have the patience of a 7 year old ADD patient who is off his meds, I don't expect that they will.

Comment

I really liked Atari (ep4).
                Spoiler:
                We got to see more of the future world, and it fleshed out Cole and Ramse a bit more too. Deacon was a pretty generic post-apocalyptic villain, and at times, it did feel like I was watching an episode of Revolution and not 12 Monkeys (it didn't help that the West 7 (?) leader played a similar character during a first season episode of Revolution lol), but I didn't really mind that much.
                Someone been type cast

Comment

Anyone else thinking - (TV show spoiler thoughts.....)

Spoiler:
                  that Cole is the source of the virus and that it's his body that is the skeleton in the container?
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

This latest black room episode reminded me of Return of the Living Dead.

I would like to know what would happen if Cole did something that prevented the time machine from ever being made. I think he would just get stuck in the past. Cole seems to be outside any changes in time that he cause. What I mean is his memory isn't updated to account for changes in time.

Comment

ep 5

ok, the gimmicks started.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

Spoiler:
                        that Cole is the source of the virus and that it's his body that is the skeleton in the container?
                        it's very possible that
                        Spoiler:
                        it's someone from the future

That was the only interesting moment in the episode

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post

Spoiler:
                          Yeah,
                          Spoiler:
                          when they first showed the skeleton I thought it might have been one of the people that Jones said she sent through/tried out before Cole, but then when Cole got close, he seemed to be getting a headache or something, that was similar to the reaction he had in ep. 4, when he also got close to himself (but I suppose that could've also been him starting to get pulled to the future, I don't know). Jennifer was also saying something about the skeleton's eyes, like maybe she recognized them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah,
                            Spoiler:
                            when they first showed the skeleton I thought it might have been one of the people that Jones said she sent through/tried out before Cole, but then when Cole got close, he seemed to be getting a headache or something, that was similar to the reaction he had in ep. 4, when he also got close to himself (but I suppose that could've also been him starting to get pulled to the future, I don't know). Jennifer was also saying something about the skeleton's eyes, like maybe she recognized them.
                            if it is so then
                            Spoiler:
                            they made us suspect it too early. If we suspect that cole is the reason of the plague allready in the 5th episode the interest for the rest of the story will drop. They should have made that in the end of the season

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                              if it is so then
                              Spoiler:
                              they made us suspect it too early. If we suspect that cole is the reason of the plague allready in the 5th episode the interest for the rest of the story will drop. They should have made that in the end of the season
                              Spoiler:
                              Even if that skeleton is his, they wouldn't have to reveal that it's actually him or show/explain what happened until later on. I think it's better to drop hints that something is a possibility, instead of just having a sudden, out of no where reveal at the end of the season. As it is right now, it might not be him, but possibly just someone else from the future. Another thing I was wondering about, is that if that skeleton was the source of the virus then why didn't destroying it seem to stop the virus from wiping people out? Did Jennifer get exposed? It could've have been something else, I guess, but some kind of apocalyptic event still happened in the future. The only thing that seemed to change was that Jones didn't seem to be there in the future, West 7 seemed to be in charge and the time machine didn't seem to be in use (the room was dark and everything seemed dusty). That brings be back to thinking that Cassandra is somehow Jones or may be, at least, connected to Jones somehow, and that getting taken away by the creepy guy might be what caused the changes in the future.
                              Last edited by VampyreWraith; 15 February 2015, 09:34 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well something change, not sure what. It possible that the 12 monkeys simply had a back up virus in it arsenal that decided to use instead of the virus in the Skeleton. To me it look like Cole was fighting a paradox but it could very possibly that he was close to actually triggering the change they needs to change the future but something else happen that meant that the key events in the future still happen. Perhaps Cassie research into viruses have something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X