No announcement yet.

12 Monkeys coming on SYFY (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't understand why they do it. Anyway i'll have to wait till next week to watch it

Comment

Episode 2 ratings:

A18-49: 0.29, 1.104M viewers
      http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-23-2015.html

From bad to worse. Opinions?

Comment

That ain't good. Unless the time shifted numbers are fantastic.
        So far, this is a good show, well written, and it should be doing much better, if you ask me.
        Maybe the network's behavior over the past 5-6 years really has driven most of the viewers who would watch this off.

If that is the case, they're going to have to accept low ratings for a while, as it may take some time to win viewers back. If they are sincere in their desire to return to being a science fiction outlet, they will have to do so. If they pull the plug, they will alienate the few viewers they have left.

Comment

Apparently, time shifters are watching this. Let's hope the network counts those viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-18-49/353447/

NEW YORK – January 21, 2015 – Syfy’s critically acclaimed 12 Monkeys shattered channel records for a series premiere, soaring 85 percent among Adults 18-49, the highest lift ever based on L+3 data.

12 Monkeys delivered 1.0 million Adults 18-49, 1.1 million Adults 25-54 (+73 percent) and 2.3 million total viewers (+73 percent) from its Live+SD deliveries on Friday, January 16.

12 Monkeys also scored the highest Men 18-34 delivery for a Syfy series premiere since Helix in January 2014.

The series, which airs Fridays at 9PM (ET/PT), ranked as a top 10 cable telecast in prime among Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54 and total viewers.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
            Apparently, time shifters are watching this. Let's hope the network counts those viewers.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...-18-49/353447/
            That was for the premiere. We don't know yet for the 2nd episode

Comment

I just finished the second episode, I'm intrigued so far. Took me a while to figure out where I saw the actor that plays Cole.....I'm pretty sure he played Pyro in one of the X-Men movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                That ain't good. Unless the time shifted numbers are fantastic.
                So far, this is a good show, well written, and it should be doing much better, if you ask me.
                Maybe the network's behavior over the past 5-6 years really has driven most of the viewers who would watch this off.

If that is the case, they're going to have to accept low ratings for a while, as it may take some time to win viewers back. If they are sincere in their desire to return to being a science fiction outlet, they will have to do so. If they pull the plug, they will alienate the few viewers they have left.
                They definitely alienated their fan base. But as you can see from the premiere ratings of syfy shows that i posted earlier it seems that in 2014 their ratings fell even more. Obviously shows like Helix, z nation and Ascension pushed even more people to walk away. They will need someting bigger and better to get their viewers back. Provided that they understand where the problem is.
                Last edited by pakar; 27 January 2015, 01:14 PM.

Comment

While I agree that SyFy probably alienated a some of its viewers due to some of their programming decisions, live TV viewing in general seems to be down for a lot of channels/networks (ratings for shows that aired years ago are way higher than shows that air today, mostly due to their being more channels and more ways to view shows), so I don't think it's "obvious that shows like Helix, Z Nation, and Ascension pushed even more people to walk away" from the network.
                  As much as most people hate wrestling on SyFy, 12 Monkeys probably could have had better ratings if it had that as a lead in. Both Haven and Helix's ratings went down, after they were no longer paired up with wrestling. I'm not saying that not having wrestling as a lead-in is the reason (or the only reason) for the ratings decline for those shows, but there does seem to be some correlation.

Because I was really bored, here are some ratings for some current Syfy shows, (put in spoiler tags for length).
                  Spoiler:

Haven
                  Season 4 (Fridays @ 10pm, Fall 2013)
                  Season Premiere: 0.4 (18-49) 1.55 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.39 (18-49) 1.42 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg. : 0.42 (18-49) 1.47 (total viewers, mil)

Season 5: (current season, no wrestling lead-in, Thurs @ 8pm (or 9pm, I forget) then moved to Fridays @ 7pm, Fall 2014)
                  Season Premiere: 0.22 (18-49) 1.04 (total viewers, mil)
                  Mid-season finale: 0.17 (18-49) 0.91 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg. so far: 0.20 (18-49) 0.86 (total viewers, mil)

Helix
                  Season 1 (Fridays @ 10pm, Winter 2014)
                  Series Premiere: 0.58 (18-49), 1.82 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.44 (18-49), 1.38 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg. : 0.45 (18-49), 1.39 (total viewers, mil)

Season 2 (current season, Fridays @ 10pm, no wrestling lead-in, Winter 2015)
                  Season Premiere: 0.30 (18-49) 1.003 (total viewers, mil)
                  Episode 2: 0.24 (18-49) 0.697(total viewers, mil)

Z Nation
                  Season 1 (Fridays @ 10 pm, wrestling lead-in, Fall 2014)
                  Series Premiere: 0.55 (18-49) 1.58 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.53 (18-49) 1.44 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg. : 0.45 (18-49) 1.42 (total viewers, mil)

Ascension (3 night mini-series, Mon-Wed, Winter)
                  Ep1: 0.6 (18-49) 1.76 (total viewers, mil)
                  Ep2: 0.4 (18-49) 1.32 (total viewers, mil)
                  Ep3: 0.5 (18-49) 1.50 (total viewers, mil)

Defiance
                  Season 1 (Mondays, Spring 2013)
                  Series Premiere: 1.0 (18-49) 2.73 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.7 (18-49) 2.17 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg. : 0.7 (18-49) 2.09 (total viewers, mil)

Season 2 (Thursdays @ 8pm, Summer 2014)
                  Season Premiere: 0.61 (18-49), 2.01 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.44 (18-49), 1.48 (total viewers, mil)
                  season Avg. : 0.46 (18-49), 1.56 (total viewers, mil)

Dominion
                  Season 1 (Thursdays @ 9pm, Summer 2014)
                  Series Premiere: 0.63 (18-49) 1.96 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Finale: 0.48 (18-49), 1.54 (total viewers, mil)
                  Season Avg.: 0.47 (18-49), 1.60 (total viewers, mil)

I got most of the numbers from tvseriesfinale.com
                  Last edited by VampyreWraith; 27 January 2015, 03:41 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                    I just finished the second episode, I'm intrigued so far. Took me a while to figure out where I saw the actor that plays Cole.....I'm pretty sure he played Pyro in one of the X-Men movies.
                    Yep, he was Pyro in X2 and The Last stand, he was also Birkhoff on Nikita.
                    sigpic

Comment

Haven's ratings tanked 'cause they put it in a suicide slot; directly against ABC's Thursday night powerhouse, Grey's Anatomy and the NFL. If I'm a programmer, I don't put anything in that slot unless I want to kill it. When they finally realized the stupidity of that move, and put it on at 7pm Fridays, I'd bet some of the audience thought it was cancelled. The time-shifters probably didn't miss a beat, but the live viewers the networks count almost certainly went bye-bye.

Oh, and I would caution against using *tv*series*finale.c*m; back in fall, when Haven was getting killed, I couldn't find it's ratings on zap2it 'cause it wasn't in the top 100 cable shows, so I tried that site few times. If using Windows, every time, Mcafee warned about crap coming from that site, in the form of advertisements. If you're going to use that site, I'd suggest using something besides Windows to do it.

Comment

It's possible that Grey's Anatomy and Football affected Haven's ratings (though Grey's didn't have their season premiere until couple of weeks after Haven's and Defiance had just ended with higher ratings in that same slot a couple of weeks earlier).

Thanks for the warning, I have anti-virus and anti-malware software and I haven't had a problem yet (and hopefully won't lol).
                        sigpic

Comment

If they need wrestling to get people to watch a sci fi show then they are in real trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                            If they need wrestling to get people to watch a sci fi show then they are in real trouble.
                            I agree.

Right now, I really hope that this show gets another season, since I'm really enjoying it (though my feelings about the show may change later lol). I just wish that it was getting better ratings so that a renewal would be more likely. They could still renew it for another season despite it doing poorly, I guess. AMC renewed Halt and Catch Fire over the summer and it had a season average of 0.25 (18-49) and a 0.76 (total viewers). I know that it's a different channel (though AMC isn't some obscure cable channel that almost no one watches, where that could be considered a good rating), but they most likely took things other than live ratings into account when they renewed it, so it's possible that Syfy could renew a really low rated show too.
                            sigpic

Comment

Caught the pilot today, i really liked it, first i was against a reboot of 12 Monkeys but you changed my mind, we'll played sci fi
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by pakar View Post
                                Episode 2 ratings:

A18-49: 0.29, 1.104M viewers
                                http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/article...1-23-2015.html

From bad to worse. Opinions?
                                I don't honestly see how syfy can expect more than those numbers at the minute. Syfy needs rebuild trust with it target audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X