Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the baby in the show her real daughter or not ?!!!

Caty

Comment

I don't know but the baby is cute. Love her giggles.

Is it just me or was the finale anticlimactic? The big red ball thing, just didn't make any sense to me. Did I miss something or does it seem that all the previous Rambaldi nonsense should lead up to something more far reaching. And what was with the genocide plan?
      Last edited by MarshAngel; 23 May 2006, 04:52 AM.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

I think I know what the endgame is, the Chosen One's Parents will die.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
          I don't know but the baby is cute. Love her giggles.

Is it just me or was the finale anticlimactic? The big red ball thing, just didn't make any sense to me. Did I miss something or does it seem that all the previous Rambaldi nonsense should lead up to something more far reaching. And what was with the genocide plan?
          I felt the same way. All that build up and no real pay-off. What was the point of Sydney being the 'chosen one' if she had nothing to do with Rambaldi for the last hour of the show? I didn't follow Alias all that closely--the only thing that really interested me was the Rambaldi stuff, and it came to just about nothing in the end....

Yeah, what about the genocide plan? Was it really all about power? Seems like there's a better way to go about it. Maybe I just missed too much of the finale.

I am so blessed! Cherriey made this cool sig; scarimor made this great Dr. Lee smilie and Spudster made another neat one Dr. Lee RULES!

Myn's fabulous twilight bark smilie:

Comment

That finale did feel abrupt and limited. I guess it was the best they could manage with the network chopping off over a quaeter of the season. I'd love to someday hear what JJ Abrams' unfereted vision would have been.

a time to mourn

Comment

Well to be fair, I don't think it was all the network's fault. It was Ben Affleck's for impregnating his wife... Bum! Their sense of timing sucked and it completely twisted the season as they tried to work around it. I was happy for them but at the same time disappointed that she was pregnant even while understanding there was nothing they could do about that. It's just unfortunate that it happened in the last season and there was no opportunity to repair the resulting damage.

geez. B-----d is an inappropriate word? Even used legitimately? wow, who knew.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Someone over in the Ask the Mods thread was inquiring about starting an Alias thread. Well, we already have one and here it is.

Anywhoo about the finale….I watched like the last 15 minutes of it. Didn’t understand what the heck was going on since I hadn’t watched but maybe one or two episodes all season so all I’ve got to say is….
                Spoiler:
                No! They killed Jack. Practically the only character I still liked.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

im watching alias in the uk, its the final series, i havent seen the last episodes yet but so far so good, im really enjoying it

sig by starlover1990

Comment

ive just finished watching season 5 finale and i thought it was great. a really good ending

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Is anyone here an Alias Fan. I searched for a thread but couldn't find one. Recently borrowed the season one boxed set off a friend and I was sucked in to the world. There are twists every episode and just when you think you have something figured out the show surprises you with another twist. Ive been through seasons 2, 3 and 4 in the past two weeks, im totally hooked. Its the only show where Ive shouted at the tv crying "whaaaaaaaattt" in shock.

When comparing it to lost I think it blows lost out of the water. The twists on lost are poor in comparison to alias and sometimes you have to wait weeks at a time to get a good twist or revelation. Alias seems to have them every episode. Also, you can see that JJ Abrams loves a scifi fantasy element to his shows like lost. In alias it deals with a 500 year old inventor/prophet which mythology intertwines within the entire series and I am more impressed with the mythology of alias than with Lost's dharma inititive storyline.

Anyway, theres enough of me rambling in excitement of discovering this tv show. If you like Lost, go watch alias.
                      Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

ok i found the main thread on alias, sorry for this
                        Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

As of right now Ive finished season 4 and I really, really need to see season 5. This is one of the few shows I try to stay spoiler free on so ive avoided alot of the above posts. Anyway, how would you all rate season 5 against the other ones?
                          Director/Editor/Writer

Comment

Originally posted by stewsith View Post
                            As of right now Ive finished season 4 and I really, really need to see season 5. This is one of the few shows I try to stay spoiler free on so ive avoided alot of the above posts. Anyway, how would you all rate season 5 against the other ones?
                            Woah, this thread is kind of dead... I suppose that happens when you cancel an awesome show....

Anyways... as for season 5, it's better than season 3, especially at the end. But nothing can compare to seasons 1, 2 and 4.
                            my lovely avatar is courtesy of Lies, SamJackShipLover

Comment

Alias was fun in season 1 & 2 but season 3 onwards came the downward spiral into stupid. It got too far fetched at times but still was a fun show for the most part.

Has anyone here watched the whole series and what did you think? I only finished all 5 seasons last week.
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Of course ... "I'm Sydney Bistrow...Bistrowl...?" crap, I can't remember, anway, Alias was the first Abrams show that got me addicted to it. I loved it from the beginning to the end although you are right that by the end of the show the quality was no where near as good as in season 2 and 3 which are some of the best season I have seen. I loved the storylines, the guest stars but I almost liked every Charakter, above all Arvin Sloane.

Nikita kind of reminds me of this show but I never got into Nikita like I did with Alias.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X