Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I think it's not so bad ..they may have time to wrap things up nicely and may go on a high note ...that's what all shows should be doing with their original cast ...then if they want to make a spin off ..why not as long as they call it another name

I hope TPTB will make sure they go out with a bang and finish perhaps the Syd /Vaughn story with a big surprise ..I haven't see any episodes of season 5 yet as I live in the uk and they haven't aired season 5 yet but I will be watching it because well if it's the last one ..I must watch it and try to enjoy it as much as I can

Caty

Comment

A spin off could be interesting, but the thing that bothered me the most about how the show had degenerated what that every season, there was a new Greater Evil and almost every season it seemed, the good guys were re-orged into a new agency.

Even my company doesn't re-org as much as the CIA seems to.

It really bothered me that the same group of characters were always moved to a new intel agency with little or no hubbub and they were always surprised by a new globe spanning evil cartel of...evil.

Once every now and then sure....and consistantly exploring the same organization only to learn it's bigger and more far reaching than thought...a la Illuminati or Free Masons or something.....that i could take.

But this new enemy every season and digging up consistantly more evil relatives every season...ugh.
      Thanks!
      Jordan

my page
      My LJ
      From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/i...ory=0&id=33504

Fans Rally To Save Alias

ABC has announced that the current fifth season of its spy series Alias will be its last, but not if fans have anything to say about it. Fans of the Jennifer Garner show have rallied at the Save Alias and Alias Undercover Web sites to campaign to keep the show on the air.
        sigpic

Comment

Why? Hasn't Jennifer Garner said she wants to move on? Once she's gone, Alias wont be alias ie. nothing left worth saving. They'd be better off campaigning for a spin off.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
            Why? Hasn't Jennifer Garner said she wants to move on? Once she's gone, Alias wont be alias ie. nothing left worth saving. They'd be better off campaigning for a spin off.
            some shows are just built around a heroic central protaganosit and if they go it probably ain't worth making it any more ( even though it may seem, i'm not drawing and parallels to Stargate );

like Quin in sliders -> he was great in the show and then it fell like a lead balloon

anyways -> the story was just becoming bigger and bigger and you ( or me rather ) never feel like everything would be explained!!!!!
            ( does s5 give a full explanation? )
            It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
              Once she's gone, Alias wont be alias ie. nothing left worth saving. They'd be better off campaigning for a spin off.
              unless they replace her with someone hotter
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                unless they replace her with someone hotter
                still don't think so. After all, I don't watch it because of her hotness.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Hotness? The reason ratings are down is she's pregnant. No offense to those who believe pregnant women are beautiful, but that's the truth - a lot of single males who watch the show to see Sydney don't want to watch her do her spying preggers.

Also, I feel that it was a bad idea, especially in this critical season (her being pregnant) that they should have a) NOT killed Vaun and b) gotten her sister out of that coma.

As far as I'm concerned, the show would do great with her sis as the main spy till Sydney could come back full-time.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                    As far as I'm concerned, the show would do great with her sis as the main spy till Sydney could come back full-time.
                    But that's the problem isn't it. She isn't coming back.
                    While I like Nadia I don't think she has a stong enough personality to carry the show. But of all the options it would be the best one, keeping it in the family.

But they lost me, and no doubt several others, when they killed Vaugn. I was more than willing to roll with the whole Sydney is pregnant thing because as long as Vaugn, Weiss, Dixon, Jack, and Sloane were around it was not so bad. But with Vaugn gone and Weiss gone, Sydney had almost no one left and she was out of commision.

It's like biting into twinkie without the cream filling.... it just isn't a twinkie any more.

Comment

Ok, I'm resurrecting my Alias thread (especially seeing how I think there's at least 5 threads talking about the last season). Any thoughts on Season 5, the end, the new cast, story, Vartan, etc.?

p.s. If any mods are watching, could we change the title to just be *spoilers* instead of specific to season four?
                      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                      Daniel: Oh! You see?
                      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Originally posted by Hex.FTB.enabled
                        Ok, I'm resurrecting my Alias thread (especially seeing how I think there's at least 5 threads talking about the last season). Any thoughts on Season 5, the end, the new cast, story, Vartan, etc.?

p.s. If any mods are watching, could we change the title to just be *spoilers* instead of specific to season four?
                        How about this week's episode?
                        Spoiler:
                        Sark returns, and I thought he was used perfectly. I loved that conversation in the bar, where he and Rachel didn't know what the other one was really saying, though the viewer does.

"...and you were the one who wanted to cuddle!" ROFL!

a time to mourn

Comment

That whole exchange was great. I loved Marshall at the going "I don't want to know."
                          And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.

Comment

This past episode was my favourite one this season. Actually in a long time. I'm really looking forward to the 100th ep. I'm trying to stay away from spoilers but I'm so weak.

Comment

I really loved the Sydney/Jack moment at the end of episode 7, where Jack is trying to assemble the crib, push it through the small door and Sydney trying hard not to laugh Its absolutely fabulous and lovely moment. And Elton Johns music in the background...
                              Dogs are my favorite people.
                              If they don't have chocolate in heaven, I ain't going.

Comment

I wish we'd see some more of stuff like that...character connection. I've been watching the old episodes on TNT, and it really reminded me how much I used to love the show (I still do, but it's just not what it was). There were much more small moments: looks, quick lines, hugs even that just made the whole cast feel more connected to me. Granted that was also before they started abandoning plot lines completely. (sigh) Bring back Lena!

Comment

Working...
                                X