Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alias Discussion and Appreciation Thread (Spoilers all Episodes)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, true, but you said that you were getting sick of them.

It was only pretty much the teaser you'd get confused with. It went to another episode pretty much after the opening credits. I liked that episode in season two when they first introduced Project Helix. You know how that chick sang pop goes the weasal before that guy detonated explosives.

Comment

Originally posted by AgentX
      He should have too. Hate. Her. I heard the main writer J.J. Abrams will be more invovled with season four (he wasn't with season 3 because of a new show he is doing), so a rebound in quality is looking likely.
      Thank G-d...I started watching with S3 (I watched the Practice, happened to see an episode of Alias and was hooked), so I rented the first few episodes...omg! SOOOO good...S3 was okay, but I sometimes felt like they forgot that it was supposed to be about the CIA not the Syd and Vaugh saga...I like my ship subtle and not to take over the show

we have to wait til January? Do we at least get reruns?

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
      ~Imzadi
      describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
      Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Wow S1 had cliffhangers from left to right, i was like, what the heck! I was getting sick of those darn cliff-hangers, but it turned out, i loved them later
        yup...those cliff hangers where you'd have to watch the first 5 mins or so of the next episode...then, hey, just keep watching...and watching...

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
        ~Imzadi
        describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
        Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I thought the show was supposed to be about Sydney, haha... But i think thats why they are waiting to air Alias episodes till January, to not have reruns, a new show, Desperate Housewives, will be in its timeslot till then.
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I never saw Alias season 3 cos Sky One stopped showing it and I didnt have Bravo (I live in Ireland). But, I loved the show and I wanted to see it's third season.

Now we have a full Sky Digital package, so I can watch it on Bravo, but it's half way thru s3 and I dont want to go in half way thru. Do you know if Bravo, or any other UK channel are showing re-runs of it? If so, where is it in the series, how far to the next season, what channel is it on and when?

Thanks.
            Godspeed, Don.

Comment

Channel 5 will be screening S3 at some point.
              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

I know that the Season Three DVDs are released towards the end of the year in Australia, you might want to wait it out until then. You won't miss Season Four, considering it's not starting in the U.S. until February.

Comment

Channel Seven, the network that shows Alias in Australia, is advertising 'Alias: The Movie' for Thursday night. They say on the commerical that it's the movie that started it all and launched the career of Jennifer Garner. All Alias fans know that there hasn't been an Alias movie. I looked in the TV guide and what they've really done is stapled three episodes together. That's pretty screwed up.

Comment

They do that with some other shows too, haha... But yah, i guess they call it a movie, since its a wow 3 hours?! Well, more like 2 hours and something minutes

Comment

Law & Order: SVU has double episodes here every week. You don't hear that being advertised as Law & Order: SVU - The Movie. (Although they always say 'movie length' episode. )

Comment

NBC did produce a Law & Order movie though. Sometimes when they say movies, they mean either pilots or season finales. So it could be just the last 2-3 hours of Alias...

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                        [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                          Law & Order: SVU has double episodes here every week. You don't hear that being advertised as Law & Order: SVU - The Movie. (Although they always say 'movie length' episode. )
                          But in my post, i was referring to three Haha, maybe that changes the whole 'movie calling thing' by at least 20 percent, haha...

Comment

Does anyone know at all when season 3 of the excellent Alias is released on Region 2? i'm going nuts here waiting to see how this season pans out. loved the first 2 seasons but i'm stuck in britain where this show is not treated with the respect it deserves.

Comment

Last I heard it was october. But I'm not entirely sure.
                              Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them more ~ Oscar Wilde

S.o.a.b. sombody'd gotta teach that guy how to die" - O'Neill

"When I'm free you'll be the first I'll feed upon"
                              "Okidoki, I'll go make myself a sandwich then." - Wraith and Shepperd

Comment

Yeah, that's apparently the same time it's going to be released in Region 4.

Comment

Working...
                                X