No announcement yet.

Ben Affleck to play Batman in Batman / Superman Pic ! ! ! LOL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just point out something really rather familiar about this thread... :
    1240097_10151538848800373_1895496839_n.jpg
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I will hold out till i actually see him. He was decent in Daredevil but imo what ruined that film was bad editing/script.

Comment

Yeah...

I'm not a fan of Superman, so I passed on Man of Steel completely and had no intention of seeing it. Then came the announcement that Man of Steel 2 was going to be Batman/Superman, and I grudgingly thought I might have to see MoS after all so I was prepped for the sequel.

Even knowing Bats was going to be in it, I was probably only 6/10 on the interested scale. With this casting news....big fat 0. Absolutely zero interest; not even interested in pirating it and killing a couple of hours out of boredom.

Unless Affleck's performance knocks it out of the park and he's getting rave reviews a la Heath Ledger, I won't bother.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Can I just point out something really rather familiar about this thread... :
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]38485[/ATTACH]
          The difference is that we've seen Ben in a very similar role and it was awful. I'm not saying he is a terrible actor, I just don't get casting him for this part. Maybe their only criteria was a solid chin
          sigpic

Comment

Academy Award winner is what I think it is. Who cares that neither of his awards are for acting because the statement markets well. Just finished another article on Deadline about it.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/squa...r-warner-bros/

I think it is interesting that they point out how Affleck's failures have made him very cautious in the roles he chooses. I don't see how that gives him the ability to step into this role. I do not think he is a great actor. I think he is better served staying behind the camera producing or directing. I think he is good at making movies, but not at starring in them.

Here is one opinion I have always had about him; he doesn't have the voice to be a great actor. I don't just mean the way his voice sounds. It is also how he speaks. It is the way words flow out of his mouth. There is a certain weakness or something I can't quite put my finger on. Here is one example of what I am talking about. Imagine him trying to drop down and do the voice Bale did. Imagine him trying to do any other type of voice and it not sounding comical or really bad. Anyone else agree with me on this?

All of that being said, I hope he is great. I have kind of lost interest in the movie, but I am sure it will be a success. I doubt it will be very good, but it will probably be a financial success.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Yeah...

I'm not a fan of Superman, so I passed on Man of Steel completely and had no intention of seeing it. Then came the announcement that Man of Steel 2 was going to be Batman/Superman, and I grudgingly thought I might have to see MoS after all so I was prepped for the sequel.

Even knowing Bats was going to be in it, I was probably only 6/10 on the interested scale. With this casting news....big fat 0. Absolutely zero interest; not even interested in pirating it and killing a couple of hours out of boredom.

Unless Affleck's performance knocks it out of the park and he's getting rave reviews a la Heath Ledger, I won't bother.
              To be honest. The new Superman movie isn't that bad. I am usually neutral when it comes to Superman. I personally prefer him to be on the weaker side than the almighty planet moving that he usually becomes. That and the boy scout feel about him. The new one isn't like that. Powerful and strong willed the right side of good, but he ain't a Mary Sue.

I agree with you though. I want them to do just like how Iron Man was done.

Do the intro (first movie), then him being Superman (second movie), do a Superman/Batman movie and then do a Doomsday movie (third movie). I suppose after this you do a combo movie with various characters about Superman coming back. Or leave him dead.
              Hi There!

Comment

Thing is, comics reboot stuff all the time, so I'm less fazed about recasting charactes and rebooting storylines when it comes to superhero movies as opposed to other movies.
                sigpic

Comment

Argo was the first movie where I actually liked Ben Affleck. I didn't like Daredevil but not because of Ben Affleck because of being the entire movie dumb, at least in my opinion. I will wait and so how it will develop but DC is moving things to fast, they should let superman do his own trilogy and in between introduce the new batman in a film of his own with a hint at the end that they will meet each other, after the man of steel trilogy ends they should have do first a duo with Batman and Superman and after that a justice league maybe or introduce other superheroes. We will see but if see another sequel already next year, it will be too soon and maybe not that well thought out, they should give it at least a two-three year phase to have a really awesome movie at the end. Sigh
                  sigpic

Comment

Wait they are doing a cross over? I agree with people that say this is a bad idea, since it seems that way to me.
                    sigpic

Comment

Superman has never really appealed to me. FIrst, Chris Reeve IS superman. But beyond that....he's boring. Too straight laced and rigid and 'white bread', I even got bored eith the superman comics because he was too invulnerable and too 'straight and narrow'.

Batman was more fun due to the vigilante aspect. Darker, more edgy, more 'will he or won't he?'

In my mind, bats needs to be hard*****. Afleck....not so much. He'd make a good commissioner gordon, but i just can't see him as dark enough to be bats. I don't find him intimidating, and that's most of what Bats is, intimidation. He defeats a lot of the bad guys cause he simply scares them into submission.

Can't say that I was going to head to the theaters for either one but who knows, maybe it'll surprise me.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        Superman has never really appealed to me. FIrst, Chris Reeve IS superman. But beyond that....he's boring. Too straight laced and rigid and 'white bread', I even got bored eith the superman comics because he was too invulnerable and too 'straight and narrow'.

Batman was more fun due to the vigilante aspect. Darker, more edgy, more 'will he or won't he?'

In my mind, bats needs to be hard*****. Afleck....not so much. He'd make a good commissioner gordon, but i just can't see him as dark enough to be bats. I don't find him intimidating, and that's most of what Bats is, intimidation. He defeats a lot of the bad guys cause he simply scares them into submission.
                        Exactly.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I will reserve judgment.

I wonder how many people thought Heath Ledger was a good pick to play the Joker before The Dark Knight was released? I know I didn't!

I used to really dislike Ben Affleck as an actor, but the last few years he has really changed my opinion of him. I'll agree that he is probably a much better director than he is an actor, but directing and producing does change the way you act. He directs himself brilliantly - and that's really hard to do. So, my hat is off to him and I will wait and see how he does.

That said, I'm not a big DC fan (Marvel is my thing). I really dislike Superman. Batman is the only DC character that I really like. I would only be watching for Batman.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

In response to the Batman vs Superman debute I think it has a lot to do with times. Back in the 60s and 70s it was about being good and doing what what is right and moral. That is why Superman was such a big deal. In the more modern age we tend to acknowledge the gray line in that the good guys have to do some questionable things and the villians have good intentions for why they turn to their criminal ways. That is why I think Batman and his moral ambiguatory is so popular right now
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Affleck changed my mind on his acting with solid performances in films like The town, State of play and Paycheck.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                In response to the Batman vs Superman debute I think it has a lot to do with times. Back in the 60s and 70s it was about being good and doing what what is right and moral. That is why Superman was such a big deal. In the more modern age we tend to acknowledge the gray line in that the good guys have to do some questionable things and the villians have good intentions for why they turn to their criminal ways. That is why I think Batman and his moral ambiguatory is so popular right now
                                Hmmm.... not sure I agree with that.

Batman first appeared in DC comics in May 1939. He was so popular that he got his one title in 1940.

Superman first appeared in 1938.

They have both always been very popular comic book characters, I think in any decade. Though I may be quite wrong about that!

It's not because Batman is 'darker' that I like him more. He just has cool toys. And Superman wears his underwear over his leggings. Yuck.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

Working...
                                X