No announcement yet.

Need ... More... Sci fi ... Shows ... NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Early Edition' was a show with a time travel element, where a guy gets tomorrow's paper the day before. I liked it because it was all about knowing the future and trying to change it. It was just one of those shows which had a simple premise, with some likeable characters doing good things for a change!

If all else fails just watch Deep Space Nine, great viewing and refreshingly different from all the other Trek series', this is Trek's SGU and always worth rewatching...... for me anyway......and if you've never seen it get hold of it immediately and enjoy!

Comment

I'm looking forward to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Also I recently watched Orphan Black, though its first season was only 10 eps (I suppose it's not *strongly* sci-fi but I think it still counts.)
      "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
      Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
      Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
      Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
      Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Say what shows you liked and which ones you didn't, might give a better sense of what kind of sci-fi you like, for example I really enjoyed TOS and TNG but hated Voyager, SGU, and BSG. Cause there are different uh tones among various sci fi shows.

There's this new Swedish show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/
        I watched a couple with english subs, was eh.

Try Surface, I really liked this even though it was cancelled prematurely.

Maybe branch out to fantasy and/or supernatural? Or just good tv shows in general. Give a description of what kind of shows you like and maybe what you're looking for. Twin Peaks was really good for the first season, West Wing is excellent to me despite my dislike of politics.

You can always just google top sci-fi shows and see the various lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
          'Early Edition' ....
          Gonna try this one, it sounds a bit like "Seven Days" I liked that. Thanks.

And I guess it's always good to have my old BSG DVDs ready.

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
          I'm looking forward to Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Also I recently watched Orphan Black, though its first season was only 10 eps (I suppose it's not *strongly* sci-fi but I think it still counts.)
          Yes, as I said, "Orphan Black" is my fave, can't wait til April... SHIELD is also on my list, but thanks...

Originally posted by jmoz View Post
          Say what shows you liked and which ones you didn't, might give a better sense of what kind of sci-fi you like, for example I really enjoyed TOS and TNG but hated Voyager, SGU, and BSG. Cause there are different uh tones among various sci fi shows.

There's this new Swedish show: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2180271/
          I watched a couple with english subs, was eh.

Try Surface, I really liked this even though it was cancelled prematurely.

Maybe branch out to fantasy and/or supernatural? Or just good tv shows in general. Give a description of what kind of shows you like and maybe what you're looking for. Twin Peaks was really good for the first season, West Wing is excellent to me despite my dislike of politics.

You can always just google top sci-fi shows and see the various lists.
          The swedish show "Real Humans" is in Swedish language, but I'm lucky to be in Scandinavia, for all you guys, it's out on the net with eng subs, and I would really recommend it, it's great. Different but great.

Thank you, It's just hard for me to say what I like, without making a really long list. But I loved all the "SG" shows, "DS9" "TNG" "Enterprise", "Alphas", "Flashforward", I even watched "The Event", "ReGenensis", "Jericho", and all those I mentioned in the above posts,

@ALL
          Keep them coming, my list is awesome already

Comment

If we are going with shows that can loosely called sci-fi then I'd say that "Person of Interest" is the best show to come out in years. The best ever though is "Futurama"

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              If we are going with shows that can loosely called sci-fi then I'd say that "Person of Interest" is the best show to come out in years. The best ever though is "Futurama"
              Yes, "Person of Interest" is soon. September 24. I'm following that one

I also love "Futurama", but animation doesn't really count on my list...

Comment

I didn't see Alien Nation listed but it seems like something you would have seen.

Sliders (early seasons only)
                Quantum Leap (might be too much drama, not enough scifi)
                Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy ( NOT the movie)
                Highlander
                John Doe

Some obscure shows that I liked - although I have no idea if you can find them now

Time Trax
                Space Precint
                Space Rangers
                Strange World
                Charlie Jade
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                  I didn't see Alien Nation listed but it seems like something you would have seen.
                  Nah, I saw the movie, that was enough.

Thanks for the rest of the suggestions, the only ones I've seen was "Sliders" and "Time Trax", the rest I will check out, thanks
                  Last edited by Cluas; 16 August 2013, 02:41 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by Cluas View Post
                    Nah, I saw the movie, that was enough.

Thanks for the rest of the suggestions, the only ones I've seen was "Sliders" and "Time Trax", the rest I will check out, thanks
                    Alien Nation series is some different from the movie and IMO better. Sort of like Stargate movie is different from series.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Thanks, yes I will have to find some old shows to watch.

The only interesting sci-fi airing now is "Under the Dome", and a series called "Siberia" - Both are on mondays.
                      "UTD" is not even exciting, and I was disappointed when I heard there was gonna be a second season.
                      "Siberia" is not even sci-fi, but check it out, it's kind of like "Lost", but ... Arh just watch it

BUT - Already late in September things are looking much better. Sep 24. is "Person of Interest" season 3, and the NEW SHIELD also. The 25. the second season of "Revolution" is coming.

October should be good. "Arrow" I wouldn't call sci-fi, but I enjoyed the first season. Also in October i hope (but I don't know the date), Real Humans, the swedish sci-fi I recommended in earlier posts.

November is gonna be exciting too, "Almost Human" looks interesting.

And then it's 2014 and my fave show is back. "Orphan Black" season 2, looking so much forward to that, and of course "Continuum" season 3.

In 2014 a lot of new shows is announced: "Intelligence", "Blake's 7", "Apex", "Sense8", "The Incredible Hulk", and "Salem" . Those are just a few.

So I was looking at the list, not many space shows. We need more...
                      Last edited by Cluas; 17 August 2013, 02:33 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                      X