No announcement yet.

Atlantis (BBC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I feared, the story was not completed, but it was a good enough finale. Just a shame we dont get to see the end of this story...

Comment

I was going to ask if it was incomplete, only watched the last few eps and it seemed a bit of a cliffhanger ending.

Comment

I've got the last 4 episodes to watch.

The BBC showed the 'feature' length finale last night.
        "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
        Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
        Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
        Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
        I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
        To thy own self... Be true
        May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

I missed the first couple of episodes of this so I had no idea about the time travel thing.. Seems they forgot about it almost as soon as it happened.. A lot of wasted potential, they didn't seem to do anything with the characters, Hercules was there in name only.. and every other week they seemed to be escaping from Atlantis only to sneak back in at the beginning of the next episode..

It always seemed like it wanted to be serious, but then light and fun at the same time, it had the slow pace and of a gentle drama, and the lightness of a kid's show which prevented any kind of depth developing.

I found it a bit dull.. I really wanted to enjoy it.

Comment

Back when I was watching it regularly, I actually wondered whether the 'modern day' and aparant 'time travel' was in fact just a dream or hallucination of his, and instead of slipping through a time portal, he just floated across the black sea to Atlantis and had the dream en-route, but they forgot to explain this (or intended to much further down the line).

It was the only way I could rationalise such a strange, unexplained plot point that as you say, got forgot as soon as the scenes were filmed.

Comment

Working...
            X