Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      It looks awesome but some parts of it look way too much like a computer game and less like a live action film.

Comment

Shaping up to potentially be a goodie.

Comment

Comment

No one's commented on the movie yet. I'll start by saying I am a little underwhelmed. Glad I didn't see it at the cinema. While visually it was very satisfying the story seemed to be lifted largely from every japanese robot fight and Independence Day.......

I know it was not meant to be an original concept, but geez...

And why did the Jaegers need pilots inside them. We have drones that can fly with operators on the other side of the planet why not do the same for them? But then we wouldn't have drama and that bit with the pilot sucked out of the cockpit of the Jaeger near the start now would we?

Still a healthy 6/10 for me
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I've been fangirling over this movie for the past couple of months. Effing loved it. Yeah, there were some spots that could have been improved (coughtheaccentscough) but overall I found it to be fantastic.
              Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
              Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                I've been fangirling over this movie for the past couple of months. Effing loved it. Yeah, there were some spots that could have been improved (coughtheaccentscough) but overall I found it to be fantastic.
                The Australian accents were attrocious. No one IRL talks like that

Comment

Movie was definitely badass.

Comment

I like it but would not rate it badass.... Sorry it just didn't grab me, but was entertaining enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                      I like it but would not rate it badass.... Sorry it just didn't grab me, but was entertaining enough.
                      If you want to watch a movie that will "grab you" watch something from sundance or that's oscar fodder.

this was giant robots fighting giant interdimensional monsters. there's nothing there to grab. it was, indeed, as you said, entertaining. in a badass fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                        The Australian accents were attrocious. No one IRL talks like that
                        I didn't notice it until the second time around, then it was pretty much slapped me in the face. Hard. Charlie Hunnams accent was.....alright. Half the time it was gravely and nasally and the other half was spot on. Charlie Days voice on the other hand? He's a squeaky toy!!! I did not know it was possible for a human being to sound so squeaky. I had to find an interview with him just to confirm that it is indeed his real voice and not something he did for the film.

Comment

charlie days characters was exactly charlie days character from its always sunny in philadelphia - just slight smarter.

Comment

a squeaky toy with borderline suicidal tendencies?

Comment

Working...
                            X