No announcement yet.

Confusion about the Alien/Predator/Prometheus franchises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Particularly considering they rammed their ship into the Engineer ship.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

[QUOTE=knowles2;13603197]

I presume the aliens died off or migrated to other areas of the planet where there is a food source and animals to grow there young in or may be they do die off over time, an that why the engineer enter status, hoping he would awake after the aliens naturally die off. Presuming we ignore the AvP film which hints that the queen is immortal or can live for ten thousand years. There also no reason for the aliens to stay around the engineer base.
      QUOTE]
      I have an idea that would fit in how the predators got aliens. They could have taken them from the planet after they wiped out the Engineers.

Comment

To answer the bit about where all the Aliens went to, they could have been removed or discovered by Predators, this would help answer how the predators found them.

Comment

IIRC one of the predator comics had it that they were the actual makers OF the alien species..

Comment

As has been said before, Ridley Scott thinks Alien vs. Predator is a joke. There won't be any references to AVP in any movies he directs. There will probably be outright contradictions as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
              As has been said before, Ridley Scott thinks Alien vs. Predator is a joke. There won't be any references to AVP in any movies he directs. There will probably be outright contradictions as well.
              While I enjoy the AVP concept, I can live with that. As long as the movies are enjoyable.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hi Guys,

I read this string with pleasure as the subject of these movies I hold dear to me ..you all make valid points and to me personally I really enjoyed the notion of tying in humans, engineers, aliens and predators.. I might not have enjoyed AVPR, but never the less I really liked the tying of all aspects as it possibly made "this universe" more diverse and with a solid film history and fan base. And the story lines could have easily been properly tied together and close all possible gaps.

Though I cant help feeling that Ridley Scott just went on a silly ego trip with Prometheus and as a tantrum child refuses to even see the predator linking into this universe. Dont get me wrong Ridley Scott I have always admired, but ever since Prometheus is just cant shake this annoying feeling of him just being a spoiled ego child that had to have his way regardless of what the solid fan base wanted to see.

And this is besides the fact that Prometheus just has some serious character flaws. Again dont get me wrong, I love the movie and I enjoyed it very much but it did leave me somewhat with a bitter lining that Ridley Scott perhaps "had his time already" and shouldnt have been that much of an influence.

Anyhow, I thought the crew / character formation was immature and chaotic. Sure very alien movie had a "loose minded" expendable crew, but Prometheus just went over the top with pure ignorant behavior and immature reasoning. The story itself showed those effects as well and it all just felt like it was pushed for a 3 second attention span audience, while the solid fan base already proved to be otherwise. And due to these things it just turned out to be a good/great movie and not an epic classic such as the original.

And now there is still good hope of a sequel and I read somewhere that Ridley Scotts want to go back to the original style suspense space horror and I am massively looking forward to it

Anyone feeling like sharing what they thought of Prometheus and the upcoming sequel?

Comment

I rather liked Prometheus. Although the studio denied it, it is an obvious prequel to the Alien films. I've always wanted to more about the species known as the Alien, and Prom. begins to look into that. I hope they continue that exploration in the next film.

As far as the Predators tie-ins andsuch, I never even saw most of the predator films; Another "honorable hunter" type thing is not my cup of tea. So I've never had any concerns about if the two franchises are tied in with each other in any way.

Comment

In Alien: Covenant, David kills Shaw in my perspective to experiement on her, so in the Alien universe (saying AVP doesn't exist), is Shaw the first Alien queen which is the cause now we have Alien eggs for the first time in the Alien timeline?

Comment

Working...
                    X