The Hobbit : Discussion/News/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
    I have to say, it seriously pisses me off that the Blu-Ray release of a movie gets all the good extras while the DVD only gets a couple of featurettes.

It's like we're going back in time to the bad old days when DVDs were a new thing, and the majority of the extras would mysteriously vanish between the release of a Region 1 edition and that of the Region 2.
    Yeah, agreed. And the UV code will be useless in Region 2.

And when it came to region 2-Portugal you end up with only the movie, if you were lucky...Trust me. I ended up buying the international version, if I wanted to watch something. "Our" notion of extras is the subtitles and the trailer.
    sigpic
    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
      Yeah, agreed. And the UV code will be useless in Region 2.

And when it came to region 2-Portugal you end up with only the movie, if you were lucky...Trust me. I ended up buying the international version, if I wanted to watch something. "Our" notion of extras is the subtitles and the trailer.
      Oh, yes, and here in Germany you still have to be careful with old DVDs, they have the movie only in German and not the original English.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
        Oh, yes, and here in Germany you still have to be careful with old DVDs, they have the movie only in German and not the original English.
        Oi! I forgot about the dubbed versions. It's a pitty you don't sell your own DVD series with at least english subtitles. My German isn't good enough to follow the plot...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JadedWraith View Post
          Oi! I forgot about the dubbed versions. It's a pitty you don't sell your own DVD series with at least english subtitles. My German isn't good enough to follow the plot...
          Maybe they think nobody else is interested in them? And I have to wait for the DVDs to watch the original version, or I have to drive 50 kilometers one way for a cinema with OV. I've done it for the last two Harry Potter movies, and for The Hobbit of course.
          sigpic

Comment

So, how do non-English speaking countries handle dialogue spoken in Elvish?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Still Elvish with German subtitles, although the people who dub do the Elvish parts, too. There was some discussion on a German forum wether the 'German' Gandalf said 'mellon nin' or just 'mellon'.
              sigpic

Comment

Simple: Elvish, Orcish(???) and Kuzdhûl are subtitled as well in these parts.
                sigpic

Comment

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/...ds-nominations
                  The Hobbit leads the way at the Saturn Awards with nine nominations...

Comment

Just found this:

“THE HOBBIT: THERE AND BACK AGAIN” TO BE RELEASED DECEMBER 17, 2014

Burbank CA, February 28, 2013 — “The Hobbit: There and Back Again,” the final film in Peter Jackson’s trilogy adaptation of the timeless classic The Hobbit, will now be released on December 17, 2014. The joint announcement was made today by Dan Fellman, President of Domestic Distribution and Veronika Kwan Vandenberg, President of International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.
                    From here

I'd like that, although it means a longer wait, but a trip to Middle-earth in summer felt weird.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                      Just found this:

From here

I'd like that, although it means a longer wait, but a trip to Middle-earth in summer felt weird.
                      I feel the same. In the summer, with all the lame blockbuster...nah.
                      sigpic

Comment

For those you have a twitter account ( or not) and love this movie: Armitage, Nesbitt and Serkis are now answering questions...

https://twitter.com/TheHobbitMovie
                        Last edited by JadedWraith; 22 March 2013, 01:26 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've decided I don't like the way the Dwarfs sing the misty mounten song.

This version is better....especially if you close you eyes and don't watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uNo0Wx2vhs
                          SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

finally saw it in English (dragged my mum along for her first, my fourth viewing)

Totally rocked. Much better than in German.
                            In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Clanger View Post
                              finally saw it in English (dragged my mum along for her first, my fourth viewing)

Totally rocked. Much better than in German.
                              I stuck with three.... But the non dubbed version had to be more dynamic, I suppose.

I don't have the UV code, so I can't be a part of the live event. Anyhoo, the extras of the Blue ray are already on Youtube as predicted
                              sigpic

Comment

I've watched it five times, four in German (3D, 3D HFR and 2D) and one in English. I liked the German version, but the original was better. And now I'm looking forward to the DVD.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X