No announcement yet.

The Hobbit : Discussion/News/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im looking for BFI IMAX tickets, but Ill keep an eye open...

Comment

Cineworld and Odeon in the UK are now taking advance bookings.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
        Cineworld and Odeon in the UK are now taking advance bookings.
        Funnily enough, Ive just finished booking mine

Randomely looked on their website today and noticed it, going to see it on Tuesday 16th!

Comment

I promised my mate Jimmy I'd pay for his ticket. He was good enough to pay for my ticket for "Frankenstein" the week before last, so this is my way of saying thanks.

I'll need to ask him when he's free though, he's the one with the car.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Last film, so I booked the first day I could see it... Has to be on the biggest screen I could find too...

Comment

Indeed. Glorious 3D IMAX poke-yer-eyes-out-o-vision.
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a blockbuster in IMAX.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  Indeed. Glorious 3D IMAX poke-yer-eyes-out-o-vision.
                  I like that word.

I still have to find out if they show the triple feature here in our small-town cinema. I hope so, otherwise we have to go to the larger one with the worse 3D next town.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                    I don't think I've ever seen a blockbuster in IMAX.
                    Tickets for IMAX movies are bit more expensive than normal ones, but it's well worth the extra expense.

If there's a cinema with an IMAX screen near you, or within easy travel distance, you should check it out.
                    sigpic

Comment

When does the soundtrack come out?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                        When does the soundtrack come out?
                        8th of December.
                        sigpic

Comment

My sister always buys me IMAX tickets for The Hobbit, so its kinda a late bday present for me, but she will have to think of something else now...

The way I see it, its the last one, got to be the best way to see it possible...

Ive seen 4/6 of the films in the cinema, 3/6 in an IMAX theatre, just got to be done.

Just a shame I was too young for the LOTR hype, even though I loved them even at a young age.

Comment

Did anyone here hear about this?

Warner Brothers won't be taking the Kiwi dwarves of the Hobbit to the London premier because of "budget" considerations.

It's on the October 31st post. It's a shame that some bean counter doesn't think it necessary to bring the whole cast to the world premiere. Bringing them to the L.A. premiere afterwards doesn't quite compensate it.
                            sigpic
                            Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                            Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

The new trailer looks even more stunning in IMAX.
                              sigpic

Comment

Don't 'Kiwi Dwarves' make up like half the main cast? Of the Company, I mean.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X