No announcement yet.

The Hobbit : Discussion/News/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm really looking forward to the movie, but on the other hand I'm sad because it's the last Middle-earth movie.

We've got tickets for the 3-movie-marathon, starting on Tuesday at 5.30 PM with the last one starting at midnight. It's going to be a long night, and lots of tears.
    sigpic

Comment

Not sure when I'll be able to go, the nearest theater is like 30 miles away.
      sigpic
      Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
        Not sure when I'll be able to go, the nearest theater is like 30 miles away.
        I'm not as distant from the theater but I am not sure when I'l be able to watch it. I 'm trying to schedule the IMAx viewing, as well.
        sigpic
        Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
        Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

So glad I got in early with my tickets...
          Literally jumped on my sister the moment I saw them

Comment

I'm booking my tickets on Tuesday morning when my unemployment benefit gets paid into the bank.

Anyone else going to the 1310hrs show on Sunday the 14th at the Glasgow Science Centre IMAX?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Wow, just watched the video for Billy Boyds end song, its amazing, really good music video and song!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Wow, just watched the video for Billy Boyds end song, its amazing, really good music video and song!
                Yup, it was great!
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czqth8ZqjbY

Comment

New TV spots:

sigpic

Comment

So much excitement for this film now!

Comment

I live 5 minutes away from a theater doing marathon of all three movies. However, I won't be able to attend the marathon, which makes me sad.
                      sigpic

Comment

I am mildly excited about the movie.
                        We all know LOTR is a masterpiece trilogy and I absolutely adored An Unexpected Journey, but the second film really disappointed me.
                        For all the talk about how much Jackson put stuff into the film, people completely overlook how much he cut out.
                        One of the best parts of the book for me was the Mirkwood chapter, seeing the dwarves try to cope with the claustrophobic, anti-traveller forest(which I imagined a lot thicker and overgrown), not to mention Bilbo's rise to de facto leadership, his outwitting of the spiders, the comedy gold with Bombur and the magic river... all gone.
                        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Didn't they add more Mirkwood stuff the Extended Edition? I liked the first movie because Riddles in the Dark (one of the fave book scenes) was done well.
                          sigpic
                          Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                            New TV spots:

Thanks for posting this!!!
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Anyone go to the premiere?

Heres the video from the premiere:
                              http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014...orld-premiere/

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                Anyone go to the premiere?

Heres the video from the premiere:
                                http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014...orld-premiere/
                                No, I went to my Gaelic class.

From now on I have to be carefull about spoilers. Of course, I know how it ends, but I don't want to hear anything about before the end. Only a bit more than a week to wait...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X