Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jurassic Park 4, Will it or won't it be made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to see a Jurassic Park 4, but they'd really have to go down a more interesting avenue than 'ZOMG, Dinozaurs! RUN (FML)!' ala Jurassic Park 3, which kept PROMISING intriguing plot developments ('that's because it wasn't ON InGen's list... which makes you wonder what else they were up to' - Alan referring to the Spinosaurus), yet never delivered. At all.

Based on that, I think they HAVE to go back to the routes of the franchise, looking to the themes of the original novels, and really bring back the corporate espionage angle. There's got to be something in that (short of just having another company do another park) that would be worth pursuing. Heck, the idea of supplying dinosaurs to the military could work (an early JP4 premise) as LONG as it didn't end up being crap like attaching weapons to dinosaurs heads etc...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

No. No no no no no.

As Digi said above:
      1 was pretty good. Not nearly as fantastic as the book, but a worthy, fun, enjoyable effort - especially for a 6th grader like me who LOVED dinosaurs when it came out in the early 90's.
      2 was...well...I can't even think of a word to explain how terrible it was. For being such a great book, one can hardly, if at all, say the movie bore any resemblance to the book. I don't understand how that movie even got made.
      3 was just stupid. It took leftover parts from the first 2 books and used them in a stupid story. The raptor communication thing was so over the top.

No. Crichton didn't write any more, and it's a shame they even did the 3rd one. The legacy has already been ruined. Why beat a dead horse that was already beaten?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        The legacy has already been ruined. Why beat a dead horse that was already beaten?
        Precisely for that reason. I live in hope that its good name can be restored...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          Hopefully not. The first one was a classic, the second an abomination, and the third utterly forgettable.

Let it die, already.
          Hey! I quite liked the third over the mess of the second one! But yeah, nothing holds a candle to the original classic.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            Hey! I quite liked the third over the mess of the second one! But yeah, nothing holds a candle to the original classic.
            Wha?!

It's very easy for something to not be a mess... when there's nothing there!

Seriously, there was no substance to JP3 beyond an ill conceived story about a kid surviving 8 weeks on a dinosaur infested island (please!) and characters of a 2D nature... Visually pleasing? Sure. But too reliant on 'cool moments' and not enough story. (plus the cringe worthy comedy scene when the allosaurus refuses to eat the team because they're covered in **** and then just looks at the camera...)

As mentioned above, just when you thought they were going somewhere with the plot... they ignored everything the characters said. There was dialogue that just did NOT make sense ('You know something Dr Grant? Billy was right...' - right about WHAT!?). Continuity issues (Pteranadons? in a cage? Didn't we see them flying about at the end of TLW?). And let's not forget the most anti-climatic ending ever. Oh look, it's the Navy and the Marines, let's go home! You wha...? And finally... didn't anyone in that carrier group think it would be a good idea to... you know.... engage those escaping pteranadons with a couple of jets or SAMs?

Now, TLW - no where NEAR as good as the book... but still, a pretty entertaining, and above all, original film, with sufficient differences from JP1 to render it viable, but still a decent amount of plot. The only negative (imo) is the idiocy of Sarah Harding for not thinking that maybe being covered in baby dino-blood might make them trackable...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Seems this film is more likely to be made now...
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21798898

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                Seems this film is more likely to be made now...
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21798898
                That's great to know (I like it for the popcorn entertainment), though I'm wondering what they would do with a fourth when the formula got a bit tired by the end of the third movie.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

How many times do we need to see people running from dinosaurs? The first one was original. The sequel was inventive, a second island with a lot more dinosaurs, and a climax with a T-Rex in San Diego. The third movie was a rescue mission, a boy trapped on the second island from the previous movie. What's left to tell? Are we going to learn there's a third island? I love Jurassic Park, but I'll pass on JP4 unless the story is radically different. Maybe we'll see the big flying dinos permanently migrate to the mainlands?

Comment

I expect dino's with machine guns.

Comment

Working...
                    X