Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd Love To See A Dedicated Folder For ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alphas folder will start up again when the season 2 airs.
    sigpic

Comment

Good to hear.

I think you may find some folders becoming more active again, such as Alphas once the show starts airing. But for dead shows this is unlikely to happen. A smaller selection of shows folders may also encourage greater discussion.

On a side note, syfy could really learn how to keep up interests in their shows during there year long hiatus, for example there have been rumours, hints, and even a few spoilers for season 2 of Fallen skies since season 1 went off air, it was the same for Walking Dead.
      Last edited by knowles2; 06 March 2012, 01:54 PM.

Comment

I have yet to watch Alphas but I still think it should have its own section.

As for the archives, I would love that.
        sigpic

Comment

IMO, i think the best way is to reduce old and canceled shows back to a single thread in the sci-fi forum.
          having individual episode threads, IMO, stunts conversation on the whole. it doesn't flow as much. And people have to be looking all over the place to find a certain post, or to keep up, etc. when it's all in one thread, you can just skim up and down and follow right along.
          This is what i would do with lots of the individual shows.
          some should still have a forum of their own, because you can hold other discussions about the show aside from episode discussion, but instead of each episode having a thread, i'd just sticky a single episode discussion thread at the top.

General Sci-Fi Disc
          Alphas forum stays
          B5 folder gone, back to a single discussion thread in General
          BSG folder gone, back to a single thread in General
          Caprica just eliminate altogether because it was terrible (or a single thread in General)
          Doctor Who forum stays
          Dollhouse (same as Caprica)
          Eureka forum stays
          Farscape folder gone, back to single thread discussion
          Firefly folder gone, back to single thread discussion
          Fringe forum stays (for now)
          Game of Thrones forum stays
          Heroes folder gone, back to single thread discussion
          Lost folder gone, back to single thread discussion
          OUaT folder gone, back to single thread discussion (some will argue, but it's not really a show that engenders dozens of threads of discussions of dozens of points. It could easily be contained)
          Sanctuary forum stays
          Smallville folder gone, back to single thread discussion
          Star Trek & Star Wars forums stay
          Supernatural forum stays (I think that's still on, right?)
          Terra Nova folder gone - it was just canceled. Back to single thread.
          Torchwood single thread
          Walking Dead single thread
          Warehouse 13 stays

but that's just me

Comment

I would haaaaate for entire forums to turn into single threads. What an absolute cluster---k that would be, both in terms of work generated for the mod staff, and for the average user to find anything to talk about.

Frankly I think the simplest solution would be to have a single parent folder for Archive, or Nothing in Production, or something like that, and put everything that's going to be pruned down under that. And it would thrill me to no end to finally see spin-off series put back under the parent show (ie Caprica inside BSG, TW inside DW).
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wholeheartfully agree. I do disagree with the whole single thread idea thing; there are shows that deserve a single thread but there are also alot of shows that deserve their own forums.

Also for reviews; I could create a single thread and place my reviews there but I would rather go to the episode and place the review there because it gets to be within a bunch of other opinions, it gets to be in a place where people can find it easily and there is less work when it comes to browsing for a specific review that you want.
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Frankly I think the simplest solution would be to have a single parent folder for Archive, or Nothing in Production, or something like that, and put everything that's going to be pruned down under that. And it would thrill me to no end to finally see spin-off series put back under the parent show (ie Caprica inside BSG, TW inside DW).

That is the simplest solution and the one that actually makes the most sense. The main forum page is already broken down into sections...Gen Office, SGU, SGA, SG-1, SciFi Stream, Commissary. Just add an Archive section to that and move all the ones no longer in production to it. If people don't want to look at them all they have to do is click the arrow for the section that closes it up and presto, it's gone.

I didn't vote for anything to get a folder. Most I don't watch and the one thread for Being Human (US) is fine for me.
                IMO always implied.

Comment

I would say it would be somewhat unfair to have a folder where a show that gets regular traffic like BSG or B5 gets put into the same archive folder as a show that has only had a few posts at best in months. Perhaps have two archive folders, one with fairly popular shows and one with not so popular. Having one blanket folder for all would seem a little unfair.
                  sigpic

Comment

My point was that they are all still shown on the front page like they are now. The only difference is that they are separated out from shows still in production. Right now they are all mixed together under SciFi Stream. I don't think they should be separated even further based on traffic.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

I'd say, to be fair, that for to get a dedicated folder shows should at the very least make it past their second season. For some sci-fi shows, that's a big hurdle
                      sigpic

Comment

The trouble with that is then you come in late, you don't get many potential new recruits to post in a forum because they've already gravitated to places where they can discuss it. And it's a pretty safe general rule that shows lose viewers rather than gain, so your pool of potential new posters only shrinks with time.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Slightly off topic, but where is the Once Upon A Time thread?

Comment

Presumably, in the Once Upon A Time folder....

Comment

Probably too late to comment, but I'd love a Grimm folder, particularly now it will have a second series.

Being Human has to be the UK series - the original and the best We've just completed Season 4 in the UK - nice to be ahead of the States for a change

Comment

I personally would love a dedicated folder to Superheros/Comic Books. One place for the numerous films and tv shows/cartoons and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X