Taken (Sci-Fi Miniseries)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    In other words, it's character driven rather than plot driven? Eh...
    *cringes because at some point the word 'soap' is going to get bandied around*

It's MORE character than plot driven. But, not in a soapish way. It's very much a HUMAN drama. And I think if you accept it as such, it's really a good saga. But you have to be willing to embrace the fact that it's how the lives of three different families are affected, rather than by how Earth is affected. Don't get me wrong, there's a good deal of X-Files style conspiracy and mystery too. But if's more Close Encounters than it is Independence Day.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I would never call this miniseries a soap...This show blows all soaps out of the water (not saying much, but still)

It is very character driven, but that's because the characters are THE plot. At least that's how I see it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
        I would never call this miniseries a soap...This show blows all soaps out of the water (not saying much, but still)

It is very character driven, but that's because the characters are THE plot. At least that's how I see it
        Yeah, but people call BSG and SGU a soap, so... you know... :\

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X