Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
    I found some webisodes on the MTV site, but they don't play in Canada, so I found them on youtube. There are 6.

Spoiler:

Last night was awesome!

Spoiler:
    Now Allison knows what he is. Judging from the finale four preview, she's not going to trust him anymore. And what's up with the vet? I believe the chair hit the wall beside him, not his chest. But he didn't flinch, so is he another alpha? Weird.

Jackson's a real prick, he gave away Scott's identity. And who's the bald guy who tortured Derek?

I'd like to know more about Derek and Kate's past. Apparently the fire was a joint effort? But we already knew that she was the one the chem teacher was talking about.

They will need way more than one ep. to wrap up all these ends!
    That's why we get a second season!
    sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 11 review: Formality

Ron Hogan

It’s the penultimate instalment of Teen Wolf, and it’s another corker. Here’s Ron’s review of episode 11, Formality…

Published on Aug 9, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
      11. Formality

When the world is falling down around you and you're stuck dealing with the knowledge that, for example, your aunt keeps shirtless college-age boys chained up in the basement so she can torture them for fun, well... things are pretty weird, but there's some good advice. Go out, be a normal teenager, and go to the winter formal. Scott gets the same advice from Stiles, who plays an important role in this episode (and an increasingly important one in the series).

So, you see where this is going.

Meanwhile, while Scott and Allison are enjoying one last dance of normality, and Stiles has displayed surprising intelligence and drive in actually getting Lydia to go out to the dance with him (and has a heart-to-heart with her that actually seems to penetrate her icy facade), the Alpha's plan is starting to slowly come together. Wherever Allison is, he is. Wherever he is, Scott is. If it's possible for two wolves to play cat and mouse, these two are. For every move the Alpha makes, Scott has a counter, and vice-versa.

The Alpha, AKA Peter Hale (Ian Bohen), knows that Scott's weakest point is his friends, and to that end he's going to do everything he can to get to those friends, including stalk Allison through Macy's (a nice product placement) and blatantly assault Lydia at the school dance on the lacrosse field. But, amazingly, Stiles comes to Lydia's rescue, and shows surprising toughness (even if he does have to tell the Alpha how to find Derek Hale, who is locked in Kate Argent's sex dungeon).

Hunters on one hand, rampaging werewolves on the other. Poor Scott McCall has walked right into the middle of a war, and he has no idea what to do. Still, he's bound and determined to keep the peace, and that's where the season finale of Teen Wolf will resolve for us this time next week. However this ends, it won't be neatly.

One of the things I like about this show, and this episode especially, is that they've apparently done research. For example, when Peter Hale aka the Alpha is having his face-off with the helpful werewolf vet. When Peter goes to attack the vet, he stops short and makes a comment about mountain ash. I was confused, so I hit Wikipedia.

As it turns out, mountain ash is a traditional werewolf repellent in Belgium, which is where the Argent family line seems to come from, given their connection to the Beast of Gevadaun from nearby France. I figure next they'll repel a werewolf by invoking St. Hubert to complete the random historical knowledge-dropping trifecta.

I like a show that plays with werewolf mythology, but acknowledges the long and varied history of lycanthrope lore. The fact that they did their research and dug up something both obscure and historically relevant (rather than just leaning on silver or wolfsbane or whatever) is a sign of the show's good writing.

That good writing is reflected in the characters on said show, who are all really interesting, and who stay pretty consistent throughout the show's run. Except for maybe Jackson, but I get the feeling that he's more than a little obsessive regarding the werewolf thing, which fits in nicely with his overall personality.

Another thing about this show that separates it from its ilk is that the direction is consistently top notch. For example, tonight's episode had some great scenes – it featured the best-looking (and most realistically-lit) prom I've ever seen. Another standout was the scene where Jackson, in the woods, is found by Argent and his flunky. The twin laser sights cutting through the fog? That's some nice-looking TV. Once again, Russell Mulcahy does wonders with the look of the show, giving it a scope and a style beyond that of most basic cable television series.

With only one episode left, I remain curious as to how this is all going to play out. The teasers suggest there's going to be some fundamental recasting vis-a-vis death and whatnot, and the way it looks it could be any number of characters, both major players, antagonists, and perhaps even protagonists. I have a good idea of who isn't going to die, but I also thought I knew who the Alpha was, and I completely failed in that regard.

Source: Den of Geek
      sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Episode 12 Season 1 FINALE Preview

Code Breaker

sigpic

Comment

The season finale looks like it'll be really good. I loved the past few episodes, and I'm so glad this show is getting a second season.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
            The season finale looks like it'll be really good. I loved the past few episodes, and I'm so glad this show is getting a second season.
            I've loved all of the episodes!
            sigpic

Comment

Well, well, well...

If this had been the season finale...I think it would've tied up some stuff pretty well. But thankfully, the writers did leave somethings open...such as...

Spoiler:
              Derek is now the Alpha. I sortta saw that coming...because I knew if Peter were killed...he'd step into the role.

I really like that Allison didn't abandon Scott even though it goes against her Dad's wishes.

I wonder what Lydia is? She wasn't healing, but she was having some sort of reaction.

Of course, we end up with Derek's Alpha teeth coming down for the bite on Jackson...but for some reason...I think when the series resumes next summer that Jackson will be the same 'ole non-werewolfie prick that he was this season...IMHO.

So, what did everyone else think?
              sigpic

Comment

Aww cuties! Not.

Spoiler:
                At one point tonight I was wishing for the action to pick up the pace, but it was only once throughout the entire 12 eps. That aside, it was a bit mushy, too much kissing, although it was necessary for the plot.

So you think Derek was just entertaining Jackson at the end, since the camera left them after the teeth appeared? He's still a bona fide jerk, as shown by his "hesitation" concerning Lydia's safety. And what is Lydia becoming now? A vampire? And what was it that Peter Hale said to Stiles in the car before the opening credits. The MuchMusic producers couldn't tell either.

Is Derek going to be the bad guy now that he's the alpha? I hope not.

Great show.

Comment

Aww cuties! Not.
                  Not sure what that means...

Spoiler:
                  At one point tonight I was wishing for the action to pick up the pace, but it was only once throughout the entire 12 eps. That aside, it was a bit mushy, too much kissing, although it was necessary for the plot.

So you think Derek was just entertaining Jackson at the end, since the camera left them after the teeth appeared? He's still a bona fide jerk, as shown by his "hesitation" concerning Lydia's safety. And what is Lydia becoming now? A vampire? And what was it that Peter Hale said to Stiles in the car before the opening credits. The MuchMusic producers couldn't tell either.

Great show.
                  First...
                  Spoiler:
                  I don't think that one kissing scene and a flash back to a previous episode's kissing scene makes the episode too mushy.

As for Derek...
                  Spoiler:
                  I know he's the alpha...but that doesn't mean he has to be the bad guy in the upcoming season. Chris had time to kill him right after he became the alpha...but he didn't.

The teaser to this episode said that not everyone makes it out human...
                  Spoiler:
                  one could interpret that to mean that Jackson became a werewolf...or given Lydia's condition that something happened supernatural to her. However, whatever happened to Lydia...she isn't a vampire. It would take a vampire biting her...not Peter.

My interest was sparked by...
                  Spoiler:
                  the Argent's conversation after Kate was killed. Chris is set on not letting Kate take the blame for the fire. I wonder who set the fire then??

Besides all of that...
                  Spoiler:
                  the issue with the vet hasn't been clarified.
                  sigpic

Comment

From what I've been reading,
                    Spoiler:
                    Jeff Davis has an "absolutely no vampires" rule for the show, although he hasn't ruled out other types of supernatural creatures I don't think. He's just said there will never be vampires on the show.

I too am curious
                    Spoiler:
                    to see what is up with Lydia. And the vet. I think Jackson will be a wolf though. Derek needs a pack, and Jackson's probably a lot more willing to be part of the pack than Scott will be. An article I read about S2 said that
                    Spoiler:
                    the rift between Scott and Derek is going to get bigger next season. I do hope they don't turn Derek into a bad guy though.
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

I thought the season finale was great.
                      Spoiler:
                      I loved Stiles(he's probably my favorite character), he provides great comic relief, but he can also be serious. I loved the scenes with him and the Alpha. I actually liked most of the Scott and Allison scenes in this episode; the only one I didn't really care for was the one at the end where they're sitting on the roof together.

I'm curious about what's going on with Lydia. The Alpha said that if she didn't die she'd become a werewolf, but she didn't heal like Scott did when he turned. Maybe female werewolves are different, or there's something different about Lydia?

I also hope Derek doesn't become the bad guy for next season. I like the tension between Scott and Derek, I wouldn't want them to become best friends or anything, but I also wouldn't want Derek to do anything truely bad to Scott and his friends or family. If Derek turned Jackson, I wonder if Jackson would give him problems. Jackson doesn't seems the type that would handle power well, and he probably wouldn't take to having someone try to control him or tell him what to do once he has power.

I wonder if Kate really didn't start the fire, or maybe it's just that Chris doesn't want to believe that she did. If she didn't maybe the teacher has more to do with it?

Also curious to know more about the vet and who/what he is.

I can't wait until next season!
                      sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf episode 12 review: Code Breaker: season finale

Ron Hogan

The Teen Wolf finale is the best episode in a very strong maiden season. Here's Ron's review...

Published on Aug 16, 2011

This review contains spoilers.

Spoiler:
                        12. Code Breaker

Now that was a great example of how to do a season finale when you're being picked up for a second season (or even if you're not). There were a whole lot of plot threads resolved in the last episode of Teen Wolf for season one, and yet, there's a whole lot of stuff left for the show to explore.

For example, what's the deal with Lydia and her allergic reaction to the werewolf bite? Is she allergic to dogs and that's what's throwing her off? Did Jackson get to become a werewolf? How is Derek going to adapt to being the leader of the pack? What's Argent going to do about his daughter's new found knowledge of the supernatural? There's a lot of fun stuff waiting here, and I can't wait.

Still, before we get to imagining what's up with next season, let's wrap up this season, shall we? Seems like a good plan, and fortunately, the Teen Wolf writing staff agrees with me.

After Lydia gets attacked by the Alpha, Stiles is able to make one phone call (to Jackson) to get Lydia help before Peter drags him off on a mission. Stiles is going to help Peter track down Scott and Derek, one way or another. Then, Scott and Derek are going to help Peter get revenge on the person responsible for the house fire that killed off the Hale family: Kate Argent. The pieces have finally come together, but Kate will not be taken so easily, nor will Allison take her father's dismissal sitting aside.

Of course, it all ends up heading to one place, the Hale House, and one last Mexican stand-off in a season full of them, where enemies must band together to fight the real danger, hunter stands next to hunted, and everybody squares off against the most powerful monster in the land, with the fate of Beacon Hills in the balance. The show's crew also delivered on the long-promised death front, which is both great, because it adds to the show's unpredictable nature, and bad, because it means two of the show's great cast won't be returning.

There were a lot of plot threads coming together this week, yet they pulled it off pretty much flawlessly, and the episode moved with a breathless tension from the opening moments right until the very end. And somehow, Stiles has become the most important character in every single one of those plots, if only because he's the one who has put everything together before everyone else and he's a great bargaining chip.

By that same token, Dylan O'Brien has become the show's most important actor, because his take on Stiles is both smart and funny, making him a great foil for the brooding werewolves and angry hunters and whatnot. Stiles makes the show run smoothly, and he's a fixture in the finale, which may be why it is probably the best show of the season thus far.

Tonight's special effects were kind of a mixed bag. There were some great elements (Peter's semi-shifting werewolf face during the fight with Scott) and there were also some elements that weren't so great (Peter's alpha form during combat scenes). Still, the way they morphed and have been morphing Peter's face was very good, and I love the fact that it was actually shown. Credit, too, for the nod to American Werewolf In London with the shape of the face itself. The fact that they showed Scott's shift on camera was an added bonus. On the whole, they were more good than bad, though the fire effects need work.

Russell Mulcahy... what more can I say positive about his direction? He continues to use some very inventive shots in his work, he doesn't let things wear out their welcome, and the episode flowed very well as per usual. He's a really good director, and that extends to television. I'm glad he did the bulk of this season, and I hope they can afford to bring him back for next, because he handles the material deftly.

I've done quite a few unsuccessful season reviews for Den of Geek, but this summer's lineup, Falling Skies and Teen Wolf, was probably my best, probably because I got to watch some great television in the process. That said, I can't wait for Teen Wolf to come back next summer, because I'm expecting great things. Given the show's positive ratings and good response from critics, I can only hope MTV will deliver a second season of the show that fans deserve.

Source: Den of Geek
                        sigpic

Comment

Aww cuties! Not.

Spoiler:

Great show.
                          Spoiler:
                          Stiles said something about Lydia would change once a month to Peter Hale. Peter replied that Lydia is a female and it would be twice. Not sure if he was implying that doing her time of the month is just like when a person changes into a werewolf or that there's something more.
                          Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                            Spoiler:
                            Stiles said something about Lydia would change once a month to Peter Hale. Peter replied that Lydia is a female and it would be twice. Not sure if he was implying that doing her time of the month is just like when a person changes into a werewolf or that there's something more.
                            I'm not quite certain what Peter's comment meant. However, Scott noticed...

Spoiler:
                            that Lydia wasn't healing like she should be if she was a werewolf. Unless that's a twist of her being female.
                            sigpic

Comment

'Teen Wolf': Time for Season 2 Spoilers!
                              Tuesday, August 16, 2011
                              Laurel Brown
                              Staff Writer, BuddyTV

So what if we've only just watched the season 1 finale of Teen Wolf? Even now, while we bask in the awesomeness of the show, it's time to look to the future. And that future hopefully includes a lot more Teen Wolf.

Spoiler:
                              No matter what spoilers and news we get in the meantime, it's safe to assume that we will have to wait months before we find out the answers to any of our burning questions. What's going to happen to Lydia? Did Derek bite Jackson? Can Scott and Allison make their romance work, despite roughly everything in the universe standing in their way? Can Stiles get any cooler?

I will assume that last question, at least, can be answered in the affirmative.

If you want some actual spoilers about season 2 of Teen Wolf, those are already coming! According to a report from Zap2It, we have a lot to look forward to next season:
                              • Stiles gets a little romance: Will it be Lydia? Or is there another girl capable of making Stiles' nerdy heart go pitter-pat?
                              • There will be a female werewolf: But it might not be Lydia. Jeff Davis, Teen Wolf's executive producer, has promised a female werewolf transformation in season 2, but of course he's not going to spoil Lydia's season-1 cliffhanger by giving away any more details than that.
                              • Jackson's not dead: Not much of a spoiler, is it? Jackson will be back, indicating that he might just be the show's newest werewolf. Whatever happened to the young man in those final moments of season 1, there will be more Jackson in season 2. Jeff Davis says, "We're going to delve more into Jackson's family and his history next season."
                              • Mrs. McCall isn't going anywhere: Thankfully not eaten by her werewolf boyfriend this season, Scott's oft-absent mother will be around next year. Will she make more poor dating choices? Give more incredible parenting speeches? That remains to be seen.
                              • The curse question hasn't been answered yet: Scott still wants out of the werewolf curse, even if his obvious path to salvation died at the hands of Derek in this season's finale. Is there another way out, or is Scott doomed to hate full Moons for all time?

Whatever the case, new episodes of Teen Wolf will begin production in Atlanta this November, and season 2 will follow at some point in 2012.

Next season can't come soon enough!

Source: BuddyTV
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad I found this thread!

For some reason, I just really like this show. At first I was absolutely shocked that MTV of all networks had actually picked it up. It just seemed so... not them. This is the channel whose biggest show is freaking Jersey Shore and they've lost all semblance of having anything to do with music.

But, you know, the show's actually pretty witty, Stiles is just the funniest character ever, the whole thing with the werewolf "society" is quite good. Of course I tend to say, "It's all because Rene Echevarria's on the creative team!" because I love that guy, but truly... pleasantly surprised. I can't wait until next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X