Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Wow what an excellent episode. I did feel sad for Scott's Mom as well...he came out of the closet (so to speak) in a big way. I wonder what tensions this will bring in the future. I also wonder what changes will take place between Scott and Allison?

So, now we have...
    Spoiler:
    Matt dead, the kanima controlled my Gerard, and Derek knows that Scott is working with Gerard as well.
    I'm chomping at the bit to see next week's episode!

I also heard that...
    Spoiler:
    A major character is supposed to die this season. Anyone have any ideas on who that might be?
    Spoiler:
    Rumor has it that Jackson is the casualty. But that seems to0 obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendikarr View Post
      Spoiler:
      Rumor has it that Jackson is the casualty. But that seems to0 obvious to me.

I concur...I think that is too obvious!
      sigpic

Comment

I quite liked tonight's episode.

Spoiler:
        At first, I wasn't sure what was going to happen between Scott and his mom, Melissa, but she seems to be getting over the fact that he's definitely different and trusting him a bit more now. The only thing I'm not sure about is if she wants to know everything that's going on, or if she just wants to be aware that supernatural things are happening.

As for Isaac, I'm glad that he's changing and growing a bit, wanting Scott's advice and even helping out Scott at the championship game.

I'm glad that Stiles went in and won the game. Shows that he doesn't have to have supernatural powers in order to do something great.

In my opinion, Gerard's an ass, though I do have to give Michael Hogan props for making him that way. So, it seems that he's there for vengance against Derek and his pack for killing Kate. He's also twisting Allison's mind, which isn't good.

As for Allison, it sucks that she's seeking vengance and not really knowing the whole truth, that Derek was there to save Scott from Victoria, who was trying to kill him. Hopefully, she'll find out the truth and come to her senses. It's a good thing Chris was there though. He seems to be level-headed at the moment.

It also seems like Jackson is aware that he's the Kanima, as he warned Danny to run if he saw him coming towards Danny. Perhaps at the end of the episode, Jackson injured himself on purpose as to not hurt anyone else.

My main question is, what is Peter Hale's plan? I know he's saying that he and Derek need each other, but what's his real plan?

Anyway, good episode. Is next week's episode the season finale?
        sigpic

Comment

Oh, I didn't know there was a Teen Wolf thread!

So every time I think I understand something in this show, it just seem to confuse me more and more

Spoiler:
          I cannot stand the grandfather, I can't believe he's controlling Jackson now, Allison,(in the most recent episode) I am starting to get very annoyed at. I know she's upset because she lost her mother but I hope she can get past that and stop trying to kill the werewolves.

Does anyone else feel really really bad for Derek? I wish they had someone for him.
          Last edited by Stargate Atlantis Girl; 08 August 2012, 04:47 PM. Reason: Sorry about the spoiler tag, I don't know what I'm diong wrong...
          Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Atlantis Girl View Post
            Oh, I didn't know there was a Teen Wolf thread!

So every time I think I understand something in this show, it just seem to confuse me more and more

Spoiler:
            I cannot stand the grandfather, I can't believe he's controlling Jackson now, Allison,(in the most recent episode) I am starting to get very annoyed at. I know she's upset because she lost her mother but I hope she can get past that and stop trying to kill the werewolves.

Does anyone else feel really really bad for Derek? I wish they had someone for him.
            --> this is how you do it. Click reply with quote to see how I did it.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 11 review: Battlefield
              Review Ron Hogan Aug 7, 2012

In the penultimate episode of this season, Teen Wolf serves up a mostly bloodless but still highly entertaining instalment. Here's Ron's review...

This review contains spoilers.

2.11 Battlefield

Spoiler:
              Just when you think you're out, you're back on the lacrosse team again. Lacrosse, being the quidditch of the Teen Wolf universe, hasn't been thought about too much lately, serving mostly as background stuff or scenes for Jackson to smack around stuntmen. This week the sport returns, and thanks to Beacon Hills having a team full of supernatural beasts, their lacrosse team has made the state finals and seems to be heading for a win. Well, except for the fact that Isaac, Scott, and Jackson have been routinely ditching practice.

Still, that's a big game, and when Jackson shows up for practice (at the behest of his new master Gerard), it's a sign for Scott and Stiles to show back up, too, if only to keep an eye on Jackson. Turns out, Gerard's got quite the potent weapon in Jackson the kanima, and if you thought Scott was in his pocket before, it's even worse now that Gerard's got real leverage. All he has to do is speak and the kanima will kill whoever: Scott's mom, Stiles, Stiles' dad, Lydia, Danny... you name it, Jackson Lizard can kill them. You see, the kanima is a creature of vengeance, and with Matt's task incomplete, that leaves Gerard as the most vengeful person in Beacon Hills. Gerard wants Derek Hale dead, and if Scott won't help voluntarily, Gerard will make him help.

Speaking of Derek, his first few months as alpha of his own pack have been, to put it mildly, a disaster. The kanima on the loose, his pack's training neglected, is it any wonder that Boyd and Erica are looking for a new place to call home, or that Isaac is turning to Scott and Dr. Deaton for help. He's totally failing at the leadership thing, but there's an unlikely ally on his side: Peter Hale. That's right, he's back from the dead and suspiciously looking to help his nephew with his growing pains.

I really enjoy how meta Teen Wolf is getting in Jeff Davis's hands. Between the Shakespeare and Greek mythology references last week to the meta moment of Boyd and Erica in the forest comparing hearing something in the woods to how they need to be running and Coach Finstock's hilariously repurposed speech (and bomber jacket) from Independence Day, it's fun to see that they exist in a world where people absorb just as much literature and pop culture as we do. Orny Adams absolutely delivered on reciting the speech, and the reaction shots from Stiles and Melissa McCall were comedy gold. I'm glad that there was another adult around to point out just how weird Coach is, because that somehow made it even funnier.

Honestly, it's a great performance from Adams, and one of several great performances this week. Dylan O'Brien got to be serious this week, rather than being the goofy Stiles we all know and love. It's surprising at first, because you keep waiting for a punchline that never comes, then it starts sinking in. He's a helpless kid surrounded by monsters, his father has been distant, and his best friend has bigger problems. Stiles has nobody and, as he says, Lydia the poisoner is the most normal one of the bunch.

I also have to comment on the performances of Michael Hogan as Gerard and Ian Bohen as the returning Peter Hale. I've been really enjoying Michael Hogan's work on the show, because he seems to have fully invested himself in playing the arch villain. He's a leering, teasing, glinting-eyed maniac and he digs in on every great villain speech. There's absolutely nothing subtle about what he's going for, and that's why I'm loving it. He's the bad guy, and he's relishing the chance to chew all the scenery he can in the process. Ian Bohen's take on Peter Hale is the other sort of villain. If Gerard is Sauron, then Peter Hale is Grima Wormtongue, very subtly twisting his way back into nephew Derek's good graces and manipulating him from behind the scenes. It's a great contrast to Gerard and adds a bit of texture to the role.

After the bloodbath last week, this week's episode provided more action in the form of lacrosse games and some people randomly being thrown across rooms, but no real knock-down, drag-out violence aside from a horrifying scene in which Allison stalks Boyd and Erica through the forest as part of the Argent clan's plan to force Derek out of hiding and into direct confrontation. It's a little stunning to see how cold-blooded she is; apparently whatever was in that note from her mother really turned her around on the whole 'decency' thing. Even Chris is shocked at his daughter's violence (which is nicely married in match cuts to the lacrosse game; as Scott and Stiles fall, so do Boyd and Erica). It's one of several clever little touches put forth by Tim Andrew, who is proving quite deft behind the camera.

We've only got one episode of Teen Wolf remaining for the season, and it promises to be crazy (and apparently full of the violence we didn't get a ton of this week). I'm really looking forward to the blow-off, if only because I'm fairly sure Jeff Davis and company have promised us some more deaths of characters, as if Matt and (possibly) Victoria Argent weren't enough. Judging from the ending previews for next week, there's going to be some crazy stuff next week, and while it's a shame to say goodbye to the best series of the summer, it'll only lead to a bigger, better season 3
              sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 12 Promo

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                  --> this is how you do it. Click reply with quote to see how I did it.
                  Spoiler:
                  Ah, thank you!
                  Just because something is unknown, does not necessarily mean that it needs to be feared. Trust yourself, and the rest will unfold. ~Teyla Emmagen~

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 12 review: Master Plan
                    Review Ron Hogan Aug 14, 2012

The season two finale sends Teen Wolf off on a high note and makes next year's extended run a must-watch. Here's Ron's review...

This review contains spoilers.

2.12 Master Plan

Spoiler:
                    If you thought Jackson was dead at the end of last week's episode of Teen Wolf, you're... well, probably alone. I didn't know he was dead until he was taken off the field in the opening of this week's episode, but as we've seen in Teen Wolf, just because someone looks dead, that doesn't mean they actually are. Hence, when Melissa McCall unzips the body to check out the corpse and finds Jackson's body making a cocoon of kanima venom, it's obvious there's something else going on.

The missing Stiles, as expected, turns up in the Argent's basement. After picking a fight with the “90-year-old” Gerard - and getting beaten up for his troubles - Stiles is returned home after serving his purpose: distracting Scott and Isaac. Stiles' pungent stench was used as bait for Scott, a distraction if you will, to keep them off the trail of Gerard's real plan. And boy, if you thought it was conniving before when he was manipulating his daughter, just wait to see what he's got in store for Scott and company this week.

This is the season two finale of Teen Wolf, and like the first, it seemed to wrap the second run of the show up without writing its next 24-episode season into a corner. Some plot threads are neatly tied up, and others are allowed to dangle tantalizing to add fuel to the fire for next year. Even some threads that seem to be tied up may not be quite taken care of, depending on how things work out. Despite leaving some stuff on the table, I like how things ended up this season. Characters changed, relationships changed, and just when you thought you might have taken care of the bad guy, he may have been given a reprieve. And, as it turns out, there are more threats out there than the humans have ever been aware of.

The kanima may end up being the least of Derek's problems.

I have to give a lot of credit to the cast for their acting in this episode. For whatever reason, Jeff Davis turned the emotional intensity up to 11 this week, and it really worked out well. From the absolutely heartbreaking scenes with Stiles and Lydia (and Jackson) to Coach actually showing some humanity this week in his honest appeal to Scott to get his grades up - and confessing he actually likes the kids on the team despite his yelling - were very effective. It was a bit blindsiding, to be honest, in a very good way.

Jeff Davis, who penned the episode, really played up the human, emotional reactions to the supernatural craziness, rather than simply just ratcheting up the supernatural craziness, and it really goes to show that Teen Wolf is a significantly better show than its placement on MTV might suggest.

I think what makes the dramatic turns characters took this season work so well is that they were consistent with the characters internally. Stiles is funny, but there's some vulnerable part of him he's protecting with that comedy. Coach actually cares, but he hides it behind the yelling and crazy antics. Maybe it's the sarcastic high school nerd I used to be, but Stiles really resonated with me this season (aside from the moment of glory he had last episode; that never happened to me until after college when I got front-page linked on Fark twice in one day).

Tim Andrew (and cinematographer Jonathan Hall) did some interesting things in this week's episode when it comes to how shots were framed. There was some playfulness to the camera this week, a little extra life and movement that hasn't always been there in his work. The fight scene between Scott, Derek, Isaac, and Jackson was particularly well done, but what impressed me most was the way he used the camera to emphasize the beats in Jeff Davis's comic moments.

Unlike a lot of television shows, there wasn't a lot of stuff that didn't work this week, and the show leaves the air temporarily on a high note. All the elements worked in harmony, from the romance to the heartbreak and the action to the suspense to the horror. The special effects looked good, the performances were brilliant, and the show was its typical well-shot, good-looking self. They seem to have saved the best for last, and I hope this momentum continues on into the next season.

So what's next for Teen Wolf? Well, season 3 promises a new wolf pack - an alpha pack. How does a pack of alphas work? I don't know, but I guess we'll all find out. They have 24 episodes to fill next year, so here's hoping they have a lot of great ideas left to fill all that time.

Source: Den of Geek
                    sigpic

Comment

Wow...talk about a finale. Just when you think someone is dead they come back...or even disappear! It looks like Jackson is finally what he wanted to be...but I wonder why his eyes glowed blue?

One thing I wish they would've explained this season is why Peter looked more like a wolf when he transformed.
                      sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Season 3: 10 things to expect from showrunner Jeff Davis

By Carina Adly MacKenzie

August 14, 2012 5:59 PM ET

Spoiler:
                        teen-wolf-season-2-cast.jpgThis week's "Teen Wolf" Season 2 finale was an unrelenting, action-packed episode -- almost every character experienced a dramatic change of direction, whether it was in terms of their alliances, their love lives, their enemies, or their actual identity. If you're like us, you probably had plenty of questions by the time the episode ended. Luckily, showrunner Jeff Davis has got all the answers as to what to expect from Season 3.

We can't give away too many spoilers, but we did grill Davis for every bit of information we could possibly squeeze out of him. He's almost finished breaking the story for the third season and will get together with his writing team very soon to begin work on the show. Season 3 isn't set to premiere until 2013, but hopefully these 10 tidbits will help tide you over until you can dig into the real thing.

1. Jackson's eyes are blue for a reason. When he changed into a werewolf, his eyes didn't turn yellow, like most wolves' do. They were a bright piercing blue for a very specific reason, and it's not just because Colton Haynes' eyes are so pretty that the special effects team couldn't bring themselves to change them.

By the way -- that special effects team had plenty of other work to do on Jackson's incredibly moving and incredibly naked transformation scene. "There were emails back-and-forth saying, 'Too much side-butt,'" Davis laughs. "The effects team was like 'How much smoke do you want?' and I said, 'I want just enough smoke so that I don't see the crack of his a**.'"

2. Boyd (Sinqua Walls) and Erica (Gage Golightly) are alive when Season 3 begins -- but for how long? "The alphas are definitely going to factor in," Davis says. "What happens to Erica and Boyd will be answered in the first two episodes, and it's going to be very intense. They are alive but they are definitely not out of danger."

3. Don't expect to see Stiles (Dylan O'Brien) totally get over Lydia (Holland Roden) now that she's professed her epic, Kanima-curse-breaking love for Jackson. "He might have to step back a little and be a bit more of an observer, but things move very fast in the world of 'Teen Wolf,' so we'll see," Davis tells us. Those powerful moments between Stiles and Lydia will have lasting impact. In fact, the writers had originally intended for Erica to be Stiles' new love interest, but they course-corrected in favor of more Stiles/Lydia moments this season.

"We felt it out in terms of the story. We knew that we wanted the scene at the end of 11 where Stiles is on the field and Lydia is finally the one cheering for him," Davis tells us. "It felt like that was a better moment to build to than the possibility of Stiles and Erica. You start to see which actors have the best chemistry with each other, and we felt like Gage had more chemistry with other characters, including Sinqua, actually, so to see them holding hands in one of the last episodes felt more right to me."

4. Allison (Crystal Reed) is going to become a WWF wrestler! Just kidding. When Season 3 opens, Allison has isolated herself from her friends and Scott. For the first time, she's very much alone. "We've got such good ideas for next season for her, because I love telling redemption stories, so much. To me it all goes back to WWF wrestling, to be honest," explains Davis. "When the bad guys turn good and the good guys turn bad, you hate them one minute and then you love them the next, so it'll be interesting to see if she can win the audience back."

5. Dr. Deacon and Ms. Morell will be back in a big way. The veterinarian and his sexy guidance counselor sidekick are much more than meets the eye, and Davis tells us they'll be back with a vengeance "as long as those actors' deals close!" He keeps the details very vague though. "You'll get some answers about them. You'll get even more questions."

6. The Stiles and Scott (Tyler Posey) bromance has some competition. Davis actually directed the final scene of the season, where Stiles and Scott finally get to act like normal friends, tossing a lacrosse ball around. "One of the biggest romances of the show is the bromance, because they're so good together. They respect each other as friends and they're still supporting each other through all of their troubles," says Davis.

But Isaac (Daniel Sharman) may threaten that friendship a bit in Season 3. "Isaac is going to be a big part of next season," he confirms. "It's fun when we have chemistry that appears between actors, and Daniel has really good chemistry with Tyler Posey, so we're going to be exploring that, and there's going to be a struggle with Scott and Stiles, to see if their friendship can remain as strong."

7. The Alpha pack is in town on a mission, and it has to do with the Kanima. if you want to get a head start on your theories, go back pay close attention to the mentions of Kanima mythology throughout Season 2. "There is a good bit of mythology that was prepared in this season that will pay off in the third season," Davis teases. "I'm not going to say what it is exactly, but people will be able to look up a lot online going into next season." The mystery of who Jackson's real parents are will be part of the Alpha pack story.

8. You'll get answers to questions that you forgot you even had. "There are certain secrets in the first season and the second season that are going to be explained in the third season," Davis says. "One of the biggest ones is the very first scene of Season 2, where Jackson comes out of the water. We're going to explain what he was doing in the water. We do a lot of planning ahead, so it's nice to do the third season and know you're going to be able to come back and explain a few things."

9. Season 3 could have been very different! Davis tells us that an alternate ending to Season 2 was shot... in which Jackson died for real. "We did shoot it both ways, and not even Colton knew. I think Colton actually thought that I had edited it so that he died! I love happy endings myself, so I wanted the ability to decide in the editing room which way I liked it," he says. Ultimately, the writers wanted the chance to see a redeemed version of Jackson.

"We never even cut it to see how it played out if he died. I just loved the moment of him becoming a werewolf. It was what we'd built up to the whole season. We had the idea very early on -- actually, I had the idea in the pilot -- that there was going to be the redemption story. He cannot become a werewolf until he resolves his soul; until he earns it. The shape you take reflects the person you are, and he had to stop being a snake in order to be a wolf."

10. Scott may get a wolf promotion. When he told Derek (Tyler Hoechlin) in the season finale, "You're not my Alpha," that was some serious foreshadowing. Earlier on in the season, Derek mentioned that Scott seemed to have developed his own pack, and that's a theme that will continue into Season 3. "We are definitely building to that," says Davis. "I think Scott's ultimate destiny will be to become an Alpha in his own right. We'll see how that plays out over Season 3."

Source: Zap 2 it

Wow...this makes me really excited about season 3!!!
                        sigpic

Comment

‘Teen Wolf’ season 3: Jeff Davis teases Lydia, the Alpha Pack, and Sheriff Stilinski
                          by Karen Rought

Posted on 10:45 am,
                          September 14, 2012

A few more season 3 spoilers for Teen Wolf have made their way online today. Jeff Davis gives us a few snippets about Lydia, the Alpha Pack, and what might be in store for Stiles’ dad.

The next season of Teen Wolf is still pretty far away – they haven’t even started shooting yet – but Jeff Davis has provided us with a few spoilers to get us excited about next year!

The first one concerns Lydia and the possible return of her as a cure for the werewolf bite. “We didn’t delve into it too deeply, but it may come back as a plot thread next season,” Davis says. We could definitely see this becoming a huge deal for Scott. But the real question is, knowing what he does about this other world that exists out there, would he really be able to turn his back on it and return to being a normal human teenager? We’re not so sure.

And what about that Alpha Pack that made its way into the last few minutes of the season 2 finale? We saw them in their human form, albeit covered in shadows, but what happens to them once they transform? Davis says, “I’m excited to see how our Alphas turn out because I have some big ideas for them.” We’re wondering how they’ll differ from Peter’s Alpha form. Could they be a different type of Alpha, or is it possible that Davis just wants to give them a makeover for the new season?

He also explains that the creatures will be a combination of prosthetics and CGI, like the Kanima was. “Full CGI creatures are very difficult to do on a budget our size and with the time as well. So I’m very wary of doing anymore full CGI creatures.” That’s good news for those of us who weren’t too happy about the low quality of CGI in the first two seasons.

And last but certainly not least, when will Stiles’ dad be let in on the big secret? Davis says, “It’ll be a challenge next season to see how long they can keep the secret from [Sheriff] Stilinski.” We can definitely see Stiles arguing against telling his dad – who would want to burden someone like that with a secret as dangerous as this one? But if things keep going the way they are, especially with a whole new pack of werewolves in town, it’s going to be pretty difficult to keep him from putting two and two together.

Thanks goes to E! for providing the info.

Source: Hypable
                          sigpic

Comment

so I thought I'd give this show a try since it was on netflix (and I really wanted a new show) and I watched the first two seasons in like 3 days lol. I really love this show and can't wait for season 3.

wow season 3 is sounding really good. I do however wonder what they will do because it seems like the actor that played Jackson left the show?
                            Last edited by blueray; 17 January 2013, 06:18 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                              so I thought I'd give this show a try since it was on netflix (and I really wanted a new show) and I watched the first two seasons in like 3 days lol. I really love this show and can't wait for season 3.

wow season 3 is sounding really good. I do however wonder what they will do because it seems like the actor that played Jackson left the show?
                              Yes, Colton Haynes left the show. He is going to start appearing on the CW's show Arrow. I haven't heard how the show runners will deal with his exit. I'm sad because I liked Colton's character. He was in another short lived show called The Gates. He was a werewolf in that show.

'Teen Wolf' season 3 spoilers: Danny's sexuality and more
                              January 22, 2013
                              By: Regina Avalos

Spoiler:
                              "Teen Wolf" will return to Channel 29 in Tempe this summer. On Monday, Jan. 21, Hypable shared new spoilers for the series. If you missed any of the previously released photos or spoilers for the upcoming "Teen Wolf" season, go here.

Some changes are coming in season three of this MTV series. Some characters have left, and some new faces will come in. Fans will also see the homosexuality of one of the characters further explored in season three. This means that fans will see at least one gay sex scene, and that scene will involve Danny. Hypable shared the following about the season:

"Teen Wolf fans have consistently been impressed with the way in which the show has handled not only sexuality, but homosexuality in particular. The fact that it is a complete non-issue is both refreshing and impressive, and we can’t wait to see them continue that into the next season. Danny is, of course, a fan-favorite, and it’s great to hear that we’ll be seeing more of him."

No details on who Danny will pair up with in season three. As for the behind the scenes action on the series, MTV News recently revealed that Dylan O'Brien will be writing a scene for an episode in season three. This news came straight from the behind the series, Jeff Davis. He said the following, according to MTV News:

"I have long been trying to get Dylan O'Brien to sit down and write with me. Sometimes I'll harass him to help me come up with a funnier line. And most people know he gets in an ad-lib or two. But tonight, after he wrapped his acting work for the day, we actually sat down and wrote a scene together. We'll see if fans can guess which one as it will show up in episode 306."

Fans are buzzing about this series on social media. One fan said the following on Twitter recently:

Danny will have a big role in #teenwolf season 3 AMAGAD YESSS!

Source: Examiner.com

The "go here" link in my spoiler has a Hypable article posted earlier in January of this year with links to season 3 picks and such.

MTV did announce the premiere date as June 3rd!
                              sigpic

Comment

yay it has a date, I kept looking and couldn't find one.

I wonder if they regret not killing him off in the finale (which they easily could have done). But I can see the writers also writing him off in that he can return.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X