Teen Wolf Reboot MTV Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Looking like horror stuff now.

Looks like Argent isn't going to let the kid live (crap, now I can't remember their names!).

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
      Wow. Looking like horror stuff now.

Looks like Argent isn't going to let the kid live (crap, now I can't remember their names!).
      From interviews I've read...1st season was him coming to terms with what happened. Season 2 he's accepted it and is more or less is taking on the superhero role. Plus, this season we get a full schedule of 24 episodes!!
      sigpic

Comment

So my question is, is Jackson a werewolf now? I know he was wanting to become one and at the end of Season One he went to go see Derek after he became the Alpha.

I'm also curious about the veterinarian. What's his role in all of this? Also, new werewolves and Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica! Season Two looks good and can't wait for it to start.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
          So my question is, is Jackson a werewolf now? I know he was wanting to become one and at the end of Season One he went to go see Derek after he became the Alpha.

I'm also curious about the veterinarian. What's his role in all of this? Also, new werewolves and Colonel Tigh from Battlestar Galactica! Season Two looks good and can't wait for it to start.
          Well, I think (but don't quote me on this) that Jackson is a werewolf now...at least there is a scene in that video I posted where he has a big honkin' bite on his side. I guess we'll have to see.

As for the vet...I don't know. I know he's aware of the werewolves...but I don't think he is one.
          sigpic

Comment

First 10 minutes of season 2 episode 1 released!

Click me to see the first 10 minutes of season 2 episode 1
            sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for this to start back up again, the second season looks like it'll be really good.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                I can't wait for this to start back up again, the second season looks like it'll be really good.
                I agree...looks like it'll be an excellent season!
                sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 starts this Sunday, June 3rd on MTV @ 10:00pm EST
                  sigpic

Comment

I quite enjoyed the first part of season two opener. Though I still have questions about some of the characters. Perhaps most of them will be answered in the new episode.
                    sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 1 review: Omega
                      By Ron Hogan Jun 4, 2012

This review contains spoilers.

2.1 Omega

Spoiler:
                      It's been a long time since Teen Wolf has been on the air, but the show seems pretty certain that its viewers remember the first season well. There was a recap episode a few weeks ago, but when the show resumed with its episodes proper, they jump right back into the action. After the attack from the late Peter Hale, Lydia is in the hospital, Stiles is sleeping on the chairs outside her recovery room, and Allison and Scott are secretly sneaking around to make out with one another after having been forbidden from fornicating by Mr. Argent in a cool semi-catching-up montage.

Like that will put and end to their Very Hairy Romeo and Juliet relationship.

In the aftermath of last season's stellar finale, poor Lydia finds herself recovering from a werewolf mauling, not that anyone knows that's what it is, and while she's showering in the hospital, she starts oozing black stuff from various orifices and wounds while her hair falls out in clumps. Turns out it's not The Blob paying her a visit via shower drain, it's something else entirely. No matter what you call it, leaking black inky stuff from your person is probably bad.

This badness is confirmed when Jackson also has a similar leakage while taking a pop quiz at school. It starts out as a nosebleed, then becomes much worse as he flees to the bathroom to handle his black goopy business. A quick Derek visit and the reasoning behind the black bleeding is explained. For reasons unknown, Jackson's body is rejecting the lycanthrophy. Apparently, that can happen, which might explain as to why everyone who gets attacked by a werewolf and lives doesn't become a werewolf.

Lydia disappears from the hospital, naked and still in a bad way from her injuries. Where she goes, nobody knows, but everyone in town seems to be out looking for her. The lacrosse team goes looking because Coach Finstock (the always funny Orny Adams) promises them automatic A grades in his class. Scott, Allison, and Stiles go out looking for her because she's their friend. The Argents and their clan of hunters go out looking for her because, well... yeah, that part is probably obvious. Those that get attacked by a werewolf tend to become one.

I didn't watch the catch-up show, and as such when Teen Wolf hit the screen, I found myself a little bit lost when it came to remembering just who was who. The show has also introduced some new faces to fill out the cast after last season's thinning of the herd. However, it wasn't too tough to get myself up to speed, as I recognized the main players from season one and the major introductions—the guy near Allison's locker with the camera is named Matt (Stephen Lunsford), the kid from the cemetery who Derek Hale provides assistance to is Isaac (Daniel Sharman), Gerard “Saul Tigh” Argent (Michael Hogan)--were all pointed out pretty strongly by director Russell Mulcahy and writer Jeff Davis.

We don't really get why they're important yet, but it's pretty obvious that they will be. The one new character the show establishes almost immediately is Gerald Argent, whose motivations are made plain by the show at the end of the episode when he cleaves a weakling omega drifter in twain with a two-handed broadsword in what might be the goriest moment in MTV history. It's almost Game of Thrones-level bloodshed, and it represents a pretty interesting new wrinkle for the show. It remains to be seen how much blood MTV will allow, but just allowing a hemicorporectomy and not shying away from showing it is gutsy (forgive me).

While the show ended with an epic moment, it was a bit rough in the early stages. The opening comedy bits with Stiles were a bit too much for me, though after that mugging nap across a stack of chairs, the show found its footing as Stiles accidentally knocked over a candy machine (nice product placement, too; I like seeing a real-world vending machine in my werewolf show, it kind of grounds things). Once it got that goofiness out of the way, the show returned to form and quickly became interesting again.

I'm glad to see Teen Wolf back and picking up right where it left off. I like a show that presumes some intelligence and memory among its viewers, though I'm glad they very quickly caught those of us with poorer memories up to speed. Despite the pedigree of its network, Teen Wolf was one of the best surprises on TV last year and it turned out to be a great show. I'm looking forward to where they're heading this season. If the montage of upcoming events at the end of the episode means anything, the show is going to be a fun ride once again.

While this review ends on a positive note, I don't like the reviewer saying he was lost at the beginning of the show. If you're a new watcher, yes, I can see being lost. However, the reviewer at Den of Geek reviewed every episode last season. For someone who paid attention to every episode, I think he needs wack upside the head.

Source: Den of Geek
                      sigpic

Comment

teen wolf episode 2 airs tonight 6/4!
                        sigpic

Comment

I thought the premiere episodes were great. It seems like Derek's getting more werewolves so he can become stronger as the new Alpha. Let's just hope he's a better Alpha then his late uncle.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                            I thought the premiere episodes were great. It seems like Derek's getting more werewolves so he can become stronger as the new Alpha. Let's just hope he's a better Alpha then his late uncle.
                            Yes it does. However, it seems that Jackson's wolfyness is not in the stars. I wonder what the new critter is that we've seen roaming around? I also still think the vet from last season is some sort of critter...IDK why...I just get the feeling that he is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf season 2 episode 2 review: Shape Shifted
                              Review Ron Hogan Jun 5, 2012

Episode 2 of the second season of Teen Wolf follows hot on the heels of the opener. Read Ron's review of Shape Shifted here...

This review contains spoilers.

2.2 Shape Shifted

Spoiler:
                              One of the things that is tough for a show to do is balance comedy with horror. Most programmes aren't capable of doing this, but one of the most consistently funny and consistently disturbing shows on television is MTV's Teen Wolf. A major reason for this is due to the show's brilliant cast of secondary characters. Between Orny Adams, Holland Roden, Keahu Kahuanui (who plays Danny the gay lacrosse player) and Dylan O'Brien, a teen-centric horror drama about werewolves and hunters has become one of the more amusing shows on television while not losing its proverbial—or literal—teeth.

Speaking of teeth, Teen Wolf this week is full of them. As it turns out, Derek Hale has found himself a new friend to join the pack in the wake of the increased strength of the Argent clan, and it's Isaac the kid from the graveyard. There's just one problem with Isaac becoming a member of the Teen Wolf clique, and that's his father. Or rather, what used to be his father, before he was torn to pieces by something mysterious and creepy that may or may not be some new kind of lycanthrope monster haunting Beacon Hills.

Oh yeah, did I mention the full moon? Yeah, because that's happening, too. Perfect timing, right? While Jackson prepares himself for his hopefully furry future, Isaac finds himself in a jail cell (which is not the place you want to be when you wolf out, since werewolves are supposed to be kept secret). On the good side, Scott, Derek, and Stiles know he's there and that he's a newly-made werewolf to strengthen Derek's pack. On the bad side, the Argents know he's there and that he's a newly-made werewolf to strengthen Derek's pack. Given Gerard Argent's love of swordplay, the cold war between the Argents and the pack is starting to turn hot, in spite of the more ominous presence looming in the shadows.

Russell Mulcahy seems to have become Teen Wolf's main director, and it's actually a good thing because, as one of the first major music video directors, his kinetic style, camera movement, and use of light makes for great television. Stylistically, it's a good cross between a standard drama shooting style and a music video; Mulcahy knows when to do camera tricks and when to refrain from said camera tricks, and it makes the show more effective. For example, the lacrosse practice scene is really well shot; there's some slow motion on the stunt work, but not too much. The show isn't afraid to embrace some of its campier elements, and I think that has a lot to do with Mulcahy and Jeff Davis's willingness to just put it all out on the table.

One of the things Teen Wolf does really well is handle its music. They source some great music for the show, no doubt aided by MTV's access to pretty much all music ever made. The show strings together pop songs like pearls on a necklace, matching the mood to the music perfectly. It works so seamlessly in the context of the show, and it enhances both the teen part (since pretty much all teenagers ever have made out to music) and the wolf part (such as The Prodigy song from the first episode of season 2 when Scott is running through the woods or when Lydia returns to school after two days of naked romping in the woods this week). The music producer, Laura Webb, does a great job blending sourced music around original soundtrack cues put together for the show.

I have to admit, I'm a bit concerned by this season's possible big bad monster when it was revealed. I mean, it looks awesome, and those glowing eyes in the darkness are really intimidating, but at the same time, it's concerning that the show might become just a long series of Monster of the Year story lines. I'm interested to see where they go with it, and where this new threat comes from, but at the same time I'm a little bit nervous about just how this is going to work in seasons down the road.

Maybe I'm looking too far ahead; this is season two, and it just started so nobody but Jeff Davis and company know where the show is going to go from here. So long as the show remains sharp, funny, creepy, and romantic in turns, I'll stay on board even if season 6 has Scott and the gang fighting Frankenstein's monster and a horde of reanimated dead monsters from the seasons previous. (In fact, if they end up doing that, I will no doubt become this show's hugest fan because: zombie werewolves!)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                                Yes it does. However, it seems that Jackson's wolfyness is not in the stars. I wonder what the new critter is that we've seen roaming around? I also still think the vet from last season is some sort of critter...IDK why...I just get the feeling that he is.
                                I'm glad that Jackson didn't become a wolf. In my opinion, he would be an even bigger douche if he was one. Perhaps when he has some more character growth that he would be a good wolf. As for the critter I'm wondering if it's Lydia. She was never actually bitten, plus she went missing for two days. As for the vet, I'm curious about him.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X