Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
    Glad I found this thread!

For some reason, I just really like this show. At first I was absolutely shocked that MTV of all networks had actually picked it up. It just seemed so... not them. This is the channel whose biggest show is freaking Jersey Shore and they've lost all semblance of having anything to do with music.

But, you know, the show's actually pretty witty, Stiles is just the funniest character ever, the whole thing with the werewolf "society" is quite good. Of course I tend to say, "It's all because Rene Echevarria's on the creative team!" because I love that guy, but truly... pleasantly surprised. I can't wait until next season.
    I couldn't agree with you more. MTV has stepped up their game with this show...and I'm glad that we'll be getting a second season!
    sigpic

Comment

Teen Wolf Is Tearing Up Your Local Comic Shop!

September 22nd, 2011

Can’t wait until Scott, Stiles, Allison and Jackson start ripping off their clothes and transforming for you under the full moon? Well, they’ve got something to tide you over until Teen Wolf returns in 2012 (possibly with 24 new episodes – twice the amount as season one! We’ll keep you posted on that one). MTV has teamed up with comic book publishing company Top Cow to bring you Teen Wolf: Bite Me.

Announced earlier this year at the San Diego Comic Con (the holy land/event for all things sci-fi), the book will be written by David Tischman (writer of American Century for Vertigo/DC) and illustrated by Stephen Mooney. Top Cow is responsible for publishing comics like Witchblade and The Darkness.

The comic is the first in a three-issue series and will feature a mix of the action and romance we love on the show! The first issue was available as of yesterday, so pick it up and start counting down the days until the new season premieres on MuchMusic!

Tischman had this to say about the comic at Comic Con (as printed on ONTD.com):

“The scripts are so smart, and I worked with [showrunner] Jeff Davis to keep the same scary horror we see each week on the show; the personal horror of Scott dealing with being a werewolf, and the predatory horror of the werewolf culture. But I also really wanted to focus on the relationship moments between Scott and Allison. In those scenes, I think everybody remembers what that first love was like — the scary, gut-wrenching ‘does she like me?’ and ‘can I touch that?’ moments we all have growing up. The book’s been a lot of fun to write, and I can’t wait to see what Jeff comes up with for Season 2.“

Source: MuchMusic.com
      sigpic

Comment

Report: MTV Will Double 'Teen Wolf?' Season 2 To 24 Episodes
        By: Terron R. Moore

Now to be clear, nothing is confirmed. But if this is the truth, then you better get your ******* fangirl fangs ready, because Teen Wolf is going to be back in a big way. As in DOUBLE the big way!

Deadline is reporting that MTV’s hit series Teen Wolf, starring Tyler Posey as the high schooler gone hairy and wild, may be in talks to double the order of its sophomore season from 12 episodes (the same as its first season) to a bulky collection of 24 one-hour episodes. Until Awkward. came along, Teen Wolf was the network’s highest-rated scripted series, averaging 1.7 million viewers a week.

So while a 24-episode order seems mountainous, it’s not that farfetched of an idea if MTV believes that it will keep its tween fanbase for two more seasons.

Source: TVology
        sigpic

Comment

A longer season would be much welcome!! Can't wait until next season!
          I'm just glad MTV picked it up at all. Still shocks me every time I think about it. xD
          ("Wow, MTV did something right!")

Comment

Originally posted by CMWriter View Post
            A longer season would be much welcome!! Can't wait until next season!
            I'm just glad MTV picked it up at all. Still shocks me every time I think about it. xD
            ("Wow, MTV did something right!")
            Who would've thunk?
            sigpic

Comment

Some werewolfology.

Monsters of the Gévaudan: The Making of a Beast

By Jay Smith. The preview looks interesting, it is about the 1760s attacks by some creature in southern France. It's just been published. Maybe the publication was timed to match the TV show? (I know it takes years to write a book and get it published.)

Beast of Gévaudan

Contains original documents compiled by a priest in the early 1800s.

Barry Wiley

Wrote an article for History Magazine last year about werewolves. The "silver bullet" was developed for movies back in the 1930s, and became a staple of the lore since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                Some werewolfology.

Monsters of the Gévaudan: The Making of a Beast

By Jay Smith. The preview looks interesting, it is about the 1760s attacks by some creature in southern France. It's just been published. Maybe the publication was timed to match the TV show? (I know it takes years to write a book and get it published.)

Beast of Gévaudan

Contains original documents compiled by a priest in the early 1800s.

Barry Wiley

Wrote an article for History Magazine last year about werewolves. The "silver bullet" was developed for movies back in the 1930s, and became a staple of the lore since then.
                Thanks for the links...I'll have to check out these books! Looks like Teen Wolf's writers are doing their research!
                sigpic

Comment

I write for the website Airlock Alpha, and my most recent column dealt with the summer genre series of 2011, including Teen Wolf.

You can read the column here.

Comment

Originally posted by Vendikarr View Post
                    I write for the website Airlock Alpha, and my most recent column dealt with the summer genre series of 2011, including Teen Wolf.

You can read the column here.
                    Thanks for the forward!
                    sigpic

Comment

‘Teen Wolf’ Season 2: Scott Becomes A ‘Bad Ass,’ Says Tyler Posey
                      BY Andy Swift 12.57 PM EDT 10.16.2011

No more Mr. Nice Wolf! Are you ready for a whole new side to Scott when ‘Teen Wolf’ returns?

So far, all we’ve seen of Teen Wolf‘s upcoming second season is a few pictures of Tyler Hoechlin soaked in blue plaint — not that we’re complaining, of course — but at SpikeTV’s annual Scream Awards on Oct. 15, Tyler Posey and Colton Haynes gave us a little more to chew on. “Scott is, for sure, maturing, which is cool,” Tyler told HollywoodLife.com. “He was a little whimp before, and now he’s going to be a bad ass!”

And Colton agreed: “He is a bad ass.”

“It’s definitely maturing as a show,” Tyler added. “All the characters have new arcs. I’m really excited about it.”

Source: Hollywood Life
                      sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

When does Season 2 start?
                          sigpic
                          Proud to be a Padapup!

Comment

Originally posted by Ogler View Post
                            When does Season 2 start?
                            I've not seen a start date for season 2. But I'm assuming that it will be in 2012. I know MTV ordered 24 episodes for season 2...so filming started earlier than scheduled.
                            sigpic

Comment

'Teen Wolf' Adds Trio for Season 2

"Battlestar Galactica's" Michael Hogan, "The Nine Lives of Chloe King's" Daniel Sharman and "Private Practice's" Stephen Lunsford will join MTV's werewolf series.

2:01 PM PST 12/1/2011 by Lesley Goldberg

MTV's supernatural series Teen Wolf is bulking up its cast ahead of its second season.

Battlestar Galactica's Michael Hogan, Private Practice's Stephen Lunsford and The Nine Lives of Chloe King's Daniel Sharman have been added to the cast for the series sophomore season, the network announced Thursday.

Hogan will play Allison's (Crystal Reed) grandfather, Gerard, a lethal werewolf hunter who attempts to convince her to join the family business.

Lunsford will play Matt, a teenager with an eye for photography who will compete with Scott for Allison's affections.

Sharman will play Isaac, a troubled student and member of the lacrosse team who will be given a "unique gift" by new Alpha, Derek.

The series, which averaged 1.7 million viewers, will also add a yet-to-be-cast female character.

The trio joins returning regulars Tyler Posey, Reed, Dylan O'Brien, Tyler Hoechlin, Holland Roden and Colton Haynes in the series based on the 1980s features that starred Michael J. Fox and developed by Criminal Minds creator Jeff Davis.

Production on Season 2 began Thursday in Atlanta.

Source: Hollywood Reporter
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                                Although bow ties are cool, the scarf is cooler!

Comment

Working...
                                X