Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBC renews Chuck. FOX renews Fringe. SyFy cancels SGU.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
    They finally learned from their mistakes.
    Lets hope so!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      You should! There are three seasons of Fringey awesomeness for you to watch. I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
      I'm sure I will be amazed at such awesomeness

Maybe, FOX hurt me, and hurts me more when I watch a show they cancelled.

Comment

Not really when they canceled Breaking In & that was doing better ratings then a show they picked to renew over Breaking In. Fringe getting renewed is pretty much a mercy renew

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
          Not really when they canceled Breaking In & that was doing better ratings then a show they picked to renew over Breaking In. Fringe getting renewed is pretty much a mercy renew
          I'll pretend I didn't read that...
          sigpic

Comment

yay for chuck! and fringe (even though i've only seen the first few episodes).
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
              yay for chuck! and fringe (even though i've only seen the first few episodes).
              You should watch more....'tis good.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                I'll pretend I didn't read that...
                Wouldn't surprise me to be honest given the numbers
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Both Chuck and Fringe are great shows. At least IMO. I am very happy they are coming back.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I don't think Fringe will survive past next season. It was getting pretty low ratings toward the end of the season and I personally choose to watch Supernatural live at that time. Hopefully SN moves up an hour and people aren't forced to DVR or skip one.
                    Babylon 5 - Farscape - Lost - Deadwood - Rome - Carnivale - Dexter - Sopranos - The Wire

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
                      I think it more Fox thinking it really does not want to pissed some of the most successful modern day producers and writers in Hollywood so they never come to work for us again, so we better renew the show.

Plus I think they are probably fed up with all the fan mail they get after each show they cancel ahead of scheduled. But I would like them to atleast announce they will be finishing up all the long term stories this season.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 15 May 2011, 03:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Admiral Mappalazarou View Post
                        I would still most likely watch something on Syfy than on FOX.

FOX have deterred me with the cancellation of Firefly, though again with TSCC more recently.

Syfy gave Stargate a very good run in terms of modern scifi life. Five years of SG-1 (after it moved over from Showtime) and SGA, and then two years of a completely new SG show. That's a lot of money and faith to put into something.
                        SyFy was run by different people back than. In 2006 when the management changed, everything went down hill. I'd much rather support FOX (however disgusting they are) because they don't know any better- Syfy has been catering to us for over 20 years- they should know by now that abrupt cancellations are unacceptable to fans of the Genre.

Comment

Originally posted by techs View Post
                          NBC renews Chuck. FOX renews Fringe. SyFy cancels SGU.

One of these is not like the others.
                          Chuck and Fringe had good ratings, SGU did not. Simple, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                            Chuck and Fringe had good ratings, SGU did not. Simple, really.
                            I wouldn't call low 2.0s good. I think non-ratings factors brought the show renewal. Ratings aren't the only factor to make or break a show.
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

to the OP dont hate Fringe and Chuck just because SGU got cancelled
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                                to the OP dont hate Fringe and Chuck just because SGU got cancelled
                                I totally agree. IMO, all three are great shows. Universe just got the short end of the stick.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X