• Show
Clear All

Eureka
    Farscape
    Firefly
    Fringe
    Battlestar Galactica (new)

Comment

sorry guys, my posts are still being monitored therefore it does take sometime for my replies being posted.

I saw part of farscape way back then when it was playing back to back with lexx but with the different type of humor so I watched Lexx instead. I heard a lot about the comparison between the two...and I'm not really into the alien costume they have. I tried watching it for 10 minutes before but went to bed instead I think I try to watch a couple of eps before I decide giving up or not like someone suggested...

If Firefly only has 13 eps, does it have an ending or it leaves the viewers hanging? I don't like series that has no ends...

Being Human, I was thinking about it. It seems interesting. but to me, the UK version seems much better than USv for some reasons...

Battlestar Galactica seems like it doesn't have new eps, am I correct?

What is Fringe about? Just saw a trailer. there's a guy in it who looks like he was Dawson's Creek.
      "The center of every man's existence is a dream." - G.K. Chesterton

Comment

Mortal Kombat: Legacy first episode premieres tomorrow online

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          You were watching Doctor Who in 1963?
          Har har.
          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Originally posted by GWF View Post
            If Firefly only has 13 eps, does it have an ending or it leaves the viewers hanging? I don't like series that has no ends...
            There was a movie, Serenity, that was released after the cancellation to wrap up the story line.

Battlestar Galactica seems like it doesn't have new eps, am I correct?
            Well the series is over. Its 4 seasons long, with a movie in there as well.

What is Fringe about? Just saw a trailer. there's a guy in it who looks like he was Dawson's Creek.
            Think of it as X-Files of the 21st century. And yes it has Joshua Jackson in it as one of the leads.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GWF View Post
              please

I haven't watched new sci-fi series in a long time (except for Warehouse 13)...These are the shows I watched in the past:

Warehouse 13, The X-Files, Forever Knight, Lexx, Tales from the Crypt, The Outer Limits, and The Twilight Zone.

I'm into the witty, quirky, imaginative type of series. I've considered Firely, Farscape and Doctor Who but unable decide which one I should start first. Plus, they seem like they've been out long and have many many seasons therefore it'd take a long time to finish.

Do you guys know any other intriguing series? Thanks.
              My recommendations...

Firefly (15 Episodes)
              Jericho (29 Episodes)
              Roswell (61 Episodes)
              Sanctuary (36+ Episodes - still on the air)
              Star Trek (80 Episodes)
              Star Trek: The Next Generation (178 Episodes)
              Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (176 Episodes)
              Star Trek: Voyager (172 Episodes)
              Star Trek: Enterprise (98 Episodes)
              Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (31 Episodes)

That should keep you busy. I left off Stargate, I figure you're already aware of this shows given you're at GateWorld.

Comment

Firefly and Farscape are the highest quality scifi to ever grave television. Doctor Who, BSG, Enterprise and everything else you can think of is all garbage in comparison. A nice classic tv series you may like is Star Trek TNG.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

- The 4400 (44 episodes+2 books to wrap up the story)
                  ^this (though i still have to get/read the last book).

star trek voyager (which i'm currently watching).

i'm thinking about this summer trying to watch farscape assuming that i can get over the whole puppets thing.
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a few:

The 4400 (44 eps)
                    Galactica 1980 (10 eps)
                    Doctor Who/new (87 eps so far but series 6 is yet to air)
                    The Sarah Jane Adventures (DW spin-off) (47 eps/still going)
                    Star Trek (80 eps)
                    Star Wars the Clone Wars (animated though but still good) (66 eps and still going)
                    sigpic
                    Sig made by TheSamster123 and can be found at fanPop!

Comment

Originally posted by Krichton View Post
                      Firefly... ...the highest quality scifi to ever grave television. Enterprise... ...is all garbage in comparison.
                      Firefly is hardly the highest quality science-fiction. All of the sexuality in the show seriously drops the quality way down, because it's just utterly necessary. I don't mind Inaar, but they don't have to show what she does. As for Enterprise, why is it garbage? The worst that could be said is that it lacked creativity and was merely TNG 3.0 (VOY being TNG 2.0).

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                        Firefly is hardly the highest quality science-fiction. All of the sexuality in the show seriously drops the quality way down, because it's just utterly necessary. I don't mind Inaar, but they don't have to show what she does. As for Enterprise, why is it garbage? The worst that could be said is that it lacked creativity and was merely TNG 3.0 (VOY being TNG 2.0).
                        I think you're wrong, and tbh, being slightly prudish. You barely see anything. Firefly is great.

You know it's odd... I'm one of the most pro-establishment people around, well... I would be wouldn't I... but Anti-Establishment Sci-Fi is some of the best!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Firefly is worth it, despite its brevity.

Torchwood! (I like it better than Dr. Who)
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I also was kind of turned off by Farscape when I watched it years ago, but a couple (maybe more) years ago I tried it again and really gave it a shot. Now I love it.

I would also try Battlestar Galactica. Great show. Had an amazing ending. Since you mentioned liking quirky shows I would also suggest Buffy and Angel. Mind you the first season of Buffy can be hard to get past, but it is still my favourite show ever. Each season gets better and better IMO.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              I think you're wrong, and tbh, being slightly prudish. You barely see anything. Firefly is great.

You know it's odd... I'm one of the most pro-establishment people around, well... I would be wouldn't I... but Anti-Establishment Sci-Fi is some of the best!
                              So you're "the man" O'neill has spent his life trying to "stick it" too then

Fringe.
                              Firefly.
                              Red Dwarf.
                              Dr Who.
                              RahXephon. Anime.
                              Game of Thrones. Yeah, i know its fantasy, but its gonna be awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                So you're "the man" O'neill has spent his life trying to "stick it" too then
                                And proud!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X