"Dragon Age" franchise discussion/appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Does anyone else get the feeling that the Warden/Morrigan story is being held back for DA3?
    I'm hoping so!!!

"Morrigan! Come back!"
    *kicks Hawke off the cliffs of Kirkwall*

I was actually going to put in some time on DA:O earlier...then the computer froze. At the main menu of DA:O. PC needed cleaning. (a constant problem w/ having your case completely open on one side and using a floor fan as cooling )
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, that could be problematic

Vaguely related, more to the subjects of discussion in this thread than the thread topic itself:
      So I finally gave The Witcher a try. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now, but only just got to it tonight. Holy god, the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 12 year old and the combat system makes Jade Empire's feel like a masterpiece by comparison (The horrid, horrid combat system is why I never finished Jade Empire)
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yeah, that could be problematic

Vaguely related, more to the subjects of discussion in this thread than the thread topic itself:
        So I finally gave The Witcher a try. I've been looking forward to it for quite a while now, but only just got to it tonight. Holy god, the dialogue sounds like it was written by a 12 year old and the combat system makes Jade Empire's feel like a masterpiece by comparison (The horrid, horrid combat system is why I never finished Jade Empire)
        Yes I had problems with the Witcher. Played the original buggy version a few years back, enjoyed it but got waylaid by bugs and never finished it. Obviously since then having being spoiled by Bioware RPG’s and their great writing and dialogue, when I got the enhanced edition of the Witcher of Steam just before Christmas I was not impressed. The gameplay is alright, but the dialogue is crap. And the plotting of the story is terrible. I mean at the beginning you have the prologue, sets up the quest, but then skips forward and dumps you at this inn with no warning, fighting ghost dogs for no reason, and talking with a women like you know her, yet as the player I’ve never met her before. I quit shortly afterwards.

The Witcher 2 looks vastly improved, most notably the graphics where it is really impressive, but from the previews it looks like every aspect has been tightened up. That said I’m waiting for the reviews before buying it.

Comment

Does anyone else get the feeling that the Warden/Morrigan story is being held back for DA3?
          And what if your Warden made the ultimate sacrifice? That's a road they're just not going down, I think. Morrigan will probably play a role in future installments -- maybe even this one -- but I think this is the last we've heard of the Warden.

Actually, no. If your Warden died, I can see it now. The Continuing Chronicles of Alistair and Morrigan. Make it happen, BioWare!

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
            And what if your Warden made the ultimate sacrifice? That's a road they're just not going down, I think. Morrigan will probably play a role in future installments -- maybe even this one -- but I think this is the last we've heard of the Warden.
            Noooooo, I want to see an epic battle between the Warden and Hawke!!!

Seriously, Witch Hunt was awful at giving the Warden closure. It raised more questions than it solved.

Comment

Originally posted by blazingfire View Post
              Noooooo, I want to see an epic battle between the Warden and Hawke!!!

Seriously, Witch Hunt was awful at giving the Warden closure. It raised more questions than it solved.
              It was DLC, it was hardly going to be groundbreaking. Though with the multiple endings Bioware have backed themselves into a corner, certain characters in some peoples playthroughs won't be available for future games. I trust Bioware to be able to overcome this, they may just have to bite the bullet and factor in every possible decision.

Comment

Thanks for posting that review and links. I will definitely be picking up a copy of this game when it comes out. I'm not surprised they gave it such high praise in terms of storytelling, seeing as how Mass Effect has that going for it as well. I think that's what makes Bioware games stand out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  I think that's what makes Bioware games stand out.
                  I think you're absolutely right on that. Bioware has an ace team of writers working for them, who consistently do a phenomenal job of world-building and storytelling. I think I may have been a bit spoiled by their work
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The severely vanilla Demo gets released tomorrow. (After 11:am EST for PC and between 7: pm & 11: pm for PS3)

When the full game comes out I'll be getting it for the PS3 but am a little bummed because I played Origins on my PC so I'm guessing theres no way to merge my pc saves to the ps3 version.
                    Last edited by Selene1212; 21 February 2011, 09:16 PM. Reason: Stupid emotes

Comment

So get it on PC; that way you can import your saves.

Captain Obvious to the rescue!

Comment

Why didn't I think of that???

Seriously though, I no longer have my "good" pc I just have a mediocre laptop with my old save files from the desktop. And I'd rather play on my 42" TV than my 15" laptop screen. LOL.

Comment

Well, I tried

You know what I do? I have my PC hooked up to my 40" TV as a second monitor, so all my PC games get the big screen treatment Though I can see how that may be an issue if your laptop is only "mediocre"....

Comment

Well, I tried

You know what I do? I have my PC hooked up to my 40" TV as a second monitor, so all my PC games get the big screen treatment Though I can see how that may be an issue if your laptop is only "mediocre"....
                            A man after my own heart, I have the same setup, except mine is a 42 inch tv screen.

Hah. Also the Shogun 2 Total War demo is coming out. If ever there was a crowd pleaser on a big tv screen, it’s a Total War game.

Comment

I hope S2TW is more solid title than the last few. I wanted so badly to love Empire, but the engine was just so poorly made and optimized that it made it a pain in the arse to play. Napoleon was better certainly, but still had a lot of the same fundamental issues. Hopefully Shogun 2 returns to the solidly reliable standards set by Rome and Medieval 2!

Funny that TW should come up though, I just booted up RTW the other night for the first time in....oh, a year or two. Installed, installed SPQR, promptly got my butt handed to me by both the Gauls in the north and Hannibal in the south. Either I'm horribly out of practice, or SPQR is a whole lot harder than I remember

Comment

Nope, on the Bioware forums, they say that imports are restricted to the demo.

Comment

Working...
                                X