Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vampire Diaries vs. True Blood: What TV series sucks more blood???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    But they were already sticking to the clan stereotypes. The Ventrue were the aristocrats, the Toreador were the artists, the Gangrel were the rebels, the Nosferatu were the spies/assassins, and the Brujah were the violent thugs.

There's really nothing wrong with that. It's good to let the audience to get a basic understanding of the clans' reputations before delving deeper into the lore and exploring all the details. Setting up the disciplines early would make it easier to introduce clans who use their own specialized disciplines like the Tremere and the Tzimisce.

The fact that they pushed back a lot of the supernatural elements hurt the show. Instead of having the Ventrue maintain their power through ghouls and use of their disciplines, they just simplified everything and made it so that vampires can go out during the day if they've fed. Similarly, giving every vampire the ability to shapeshift hurt the uniqueness of the Gangrel.
    Well, yeah, Now I really can't argue with you
    If you are going to use something with as a rich background as V:TM you really should use it. I can deal with some "dumbing down", but stuff like that is just foolish. I suppose it comes down to what you can "sell" in the long run.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

i've never watched vampire diaries.

but i do like true blood. my only real complaint is the annoyances of bill and sookie. but hopefully they are broken up for good this time. i like that its mature and pretty good storylines (some better than others). and for the most part good characters.
      sigpic

Comment

I've never watched Vampire Diaries, and have no interest in starting. But it just got huge points in my books, because of this:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/01/25/va...d-catch-vd-ex/

"A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've only seen the The Vampire Diaries, I love it.

Comment

Working...
          X