No announcement yet.

Earth Final Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too. When I first saw the episode Second Wave, I was thrilled at the prospect of seeing a big battle between the Taelons and the Jaridian fleet. Alas it was not (and never) to be
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Yes, and the fallout from that was revealed in "Hearts and Minds" and "Dark Horizon".

How were the Taelons able to get that much of an upgrade like that? More to the point, they would have still lost, with their energy reserves nearly completely gone.

Comment

Yup....a great many things about this series don't make any sense

I just finished watching the series for the first time in I don't even know how long, and man am I ever glad it's over. It was mostly enjoyable (though on a downward slope) through the first four years, but that last season was just painful to try to get through. Was pleased to see Howlyn go though. A horrible character and an even worse actor
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Here's a significantly detailed timeline that even shows birthdates of characters as well.

http://www.earthfinalconflict.tv/vs6...ine/index.html

According to it, the date of official contact was made February 10, 2020.

The landing and worldwide celebration was on April 9th.

Comment

does this show ever picks up the pace?

I'm currently watching Ep.8 in season.1, show has been really slow so far. Talon's are not that aggressive either. does it ever change?
            Favorite Characters:
            Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
            Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
            SG1: Jack O'Neill
            SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
            Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

It will pick up pace, mainly once Zo'or comes in and starts taking charge.

Without giving too much away, he's the one who is really out to push the Taelon Agenda and it's him that's essentially the main antagonist. Before him, especially in the first season, it's humans who were affected by the Taelons, working with the Taelons or just others fighting the Taelons that were the focus of episodes.

sigpic

Comment

The first season was the best.

The cast was well balanced and the characters had a lot of depth to them.

Comment

Indeed. The show had a lot of great ideas throughout pretty much its entire run, but the implementation of said ideas just went from bad to worse after Season 1.

Comment

I think we can all agree that killing off Boone and pushing Liam as the face of the Liberation/Resistance really made the show go downhill.

Comment

did they made habit of losing at least 1 main character per season? writers changed or something?

stories were so random after season 1.
                      Favorite Characters:

Favorite Shows In Order:
                      Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

They did make it a habit. While the characters usually reappeared after their official drop from the main credits, one main character was kicked each season. It was annoying though, because the replacements were never as good as the originals.

sigpic

Comment

what's up with season 5? its so different, feels weird watching it.
                          Favorite Characters:

Favorite Shows In Order:

Comment

Many of us had a negative view of Season 5.

Season 5 could have been an entirely different show. Virtually everything about the show was replaced and redone, it just wasn't the same by a longshot.

Comment

Whenever I next watch the show, I'm just treating the Season 4 finale as the end. For where the series was at that point, it could and really should have been the end. Particularly since virtually every major plot thread was resolved at that point.

Comment

The Atavus seen in 4.12 The Summit made considerably more sense than the beings seen in Season 5.

Still, a large space battle between the Taelons and Jaridians would have been nice.

From what I saw in 4.07 Second Wave, one plan was to have Taelon pilots fly their cruisers manned by the Volunteers in suicide missions against the Jaridians.

Zo'or implied that after they would be able to reach the "wormhole at Sirius B", that it would be many years before the Jaridians would be able to find them again.

By that, wouldn't that imply that they had more core energy to live for longer than several months?

The rest of the season stated otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X