No announcement yet.

Earth Final Conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the first four season's religiously as they aired and as is the case with most people out there, stopped with season five as it was atrocious. Since then I've watched season five in repeats as well as the rest of the series.

Having re-watched, I've gotta say the show isn't as good as I remembered it being as I first watched it.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

It's been hard for me to remember the show after all this time. I was rather young when it first came on. Worse, the DVDs from ADV Films are very hard to come by! I was excited when it was reported that Universal might put the first two seasons out there, but when no additional information came up, it just went poof again.

It's too bad it isn't on repeats in the U.S.

Comment

Just wondering if anyone has any idea if they will release a complete collection boxset of the show?

Only been able to see season 1 of it from my video store since it's all they got.

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley0 View Post
          Just wondering if anyone has any idea if they will release a complete collection boxset of the show?

Only been able to see season 1 of it from my video store since it's all they got.
          Unlikely. The rights to seasons 1 and 2 are held by a different company than the one that holds the rights to 3 through 5.

Maybe try reading the thread next time, we've been over all this and it's only 3 pages long
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Must be different outside of Australia then. Here they have Season 1 and 2 on DVD and i think 3 now.

Comment

Looks like there's life in the show yet....the first few seasons are finally showing up on DVD!

I grabbed season 1 ($22.49) the other day, and season 2 releases here in a couple weeks (July 27)! And now they've announced a season 4 release for Sept 28. Curiously, no news on a season 3 release yet, but I'd take a guess at an August release.
              Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 July 2010, 04:45 PM.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                Looks like there's life in the show yet....the first few seasons are finally showing up on DVD!

I grabbed season 1 ($22.49) the other day, and season 2 releases here in a couple weeks (July 27)! And now they've announced a season 4 release for Sept 28. Curiously, no news on a season 3 release yet, but I'd take a guess at an August release.
                Thanks for the info, I really liked this show when it was on, especially the first few seasons. Good to hear its on DVD.
                sigpic

Comment

Cool! Even if just seasons 1-4 were available I'd still love it.

Comment

I think EFC is one of those shows that really gets an unfairly bad rap just because of its atrocious final season. I loved its first year, quite enjoyed seasons 2 and 3, and even 4 was passable. It's just that that last year gives the rest of it such a bad name.

Comment

I think EFC is one of those shows that really gets an unfairly bad rap just because of its atrocious final season. I loved its first year, quite enjoyed seasons 2 and 3, and even 4 was passable. It's just that that last year gives the rest of it such a bad name.
                      Yeah, I loved seasons 1-3, but after that it kinda went downhill, especially the last season like you said. But overall it was a great series.
                      sigpic

Comment

I will agree that the 5th season was certainly not as good as the previous 4. However, I think it is important to note that this was a show that had something completely rare, especially for Scifi; A full completed series.

I miss this show, but wonder whether I would enjoy watching it all over again. I don't know if I could really sit through the final 5th season all over, although it improved with a few episodes with the return of Boone and Liam...somewhat.

Comment

The return of Boone and Liam was the only good thing about season five. After season 3, I just started to lose interest in the series. I didn't like the Atavus at all and even Auger ended up leaving, and that just took more away from the show.

sigpic

Comment

And after this little stutter, we've got news on a 3rd season release

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ear...Season-3/14108

So....
                            Season 1 -- Released!
                            Season 2 -- July 27
                            Season 3 -- Aug 31
                            Season 4 -- Sept 28
                            Season 5 -- TBA (likely late October)

Comment

Got my season 2 set today. Slightly annoyed that Boone is on the cover, but oh well.

Comment

Great series in it hey day.

Only thing I think that could off added to the series would of been to see earth built vessels going off to start exploring the universe.

Comment

Working...
                                X