Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Event (NBC) - News/Discussion/Speculation (Spoilers to be tagged)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
    She had loaded the gun with blanks.

It was all a set up in order to allow the girlfriend to escape and call the guy they are after...Sean or whatever his name is.

They kidnapped her initially to force her father to fly that plane. Sean got away when it crashed so they then needed her to capture him for whatever reason.

Ah........ "Light goes on" What no lightbulb icon?

Maybe Sean is one of these non human people.......
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Yeah what confused me was the hostage girl shot the dark haired girl. Then in the next few scenes she's alive again in the cop station where the hostage girl was and they're all dead...

I'm confused how she got there so fast? Wasn't she shot?
      How can that girl the kidnapped girl shot be alive still and so fast at the police station had killed the cops there?

This is bizarre why even bother kidnapping a stupid girl?
      Later in the episode they showed that the bad guys loaded the gun with blanks. It was all a ploy to get her to call her boyfriend - and inadvertently lead him into a trap.

Why the girl was kidnapped:
      1. She was the pilot's daughter - this was their leverage against him - "hijack and crash the plane or we kill her, like we killed your wife"
      2. Now it seems her boyfriend is siring up a lot a lot of trouble so they haven't killed her yet to lure him in.

Small details are very important in this show. I love it.
      Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

Ah........ "Light goes on" What no lightbulb icon?

Maybe Sean is one of these non human people.......
        I think he second gen, Mother human an the father is the alien. He said his father disappeared when he was young an his mother was drug addict, I think that what he said at the thanksgiving meal. But we do not know whether that is the truth or not, he tried to lie his way out of telling anything in the first place an then turn to a sob story to get sympathy. So I am thinking he lied about the whole story.

I be surprise if he an actual first gen alien through.

Comment

Just watched the first 4 episodes and urgh, come here and find it's on the verge of cancellation, screw you NBC.

You'd think that after Threshold, Bionic Woman, Knight Rider etc. etc. they'd learn to either give this genre program a chance to find an audience, or just not make them at all (or let Sciffy make them).

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            Just watched the first 4 episodes and urgh, come here and find it's on the verge of cancellation, screw you NBC.

You'd think that after Threshold, Bionic Woman, Knight Rider etc. etc. they'd learn to either give this genre program a chance to find an audience, or just not make them at all (or let Sciffy make them).

ARRRRGGGGHHHH!
            Last I read it might get a full Season pick up ? But getting past the first Season is questionable

Comment

Originally posted by JackO'Neill View Post
              Last I read it might get a full Season pick up ? But getting past the first Season is questionable
              It depends how they. If it was to stablize the next episode a S2 probably would happen. The fact this is NBC is a benefit someway. Their standards are lower due to some less then smart business situations
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

The Event Gets Full Season Pickup
                Through October 11, “The Event” has averaged a 3.0 rating, 7 share in adults 18-49 and 9.1 million viewers overall in “most current” averages from Nielsen Media Research. “The Event” has generated a 30 percent improvement in the time period versus year-ago “most current” results for NBC in 18-49 rating (with a 3.0 rating vs. a 2.3) and a 47 percent increase in total viewers (9.1 million vs. 6.2 million). On a percentage basis, “The Event” was the most time-shifted new series in adults 18-49 during premiere week from among the ABC, CBS, NBC and Fox primetime lineups, with 35 percent of “The Event’s” “live plus seven day” rating being accounted for by time-shifting. Additionally, “The Event” was licensed to nearly 200 territories internationally even before its U.S. premiere, and is launching in numerous regions abroad to impressive ratings
                http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18...-angeles/68521

Look at the spin
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  The Event Gets Full Season Pickup

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18...-angeles/68521

Look at the spin
                  So what, I am glad it getting a full season at least, but it still on my avoid list until its gets second season.

I do like the way it was launch in so many territories at once, I wonder if it paying of for them. An also whether they may have the 24 effect here, the first season did a very adverage ratings in the US but in the UK it did huge ratings an was well supported by the BBC, from the writers I remember them saying that what eventually convince Fox to order a second season in the end.

Probably one of the few times international number had a effect on the studios.
                  We shall see once the show airs in the UK.
                  Last edited by knowles2; 19 October 2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

This one felt intense to me.

Spoiler:
                    I actually believed Martinez would kill Sophia and the others and that Thomas wouldn't back down. That whole tough negotiation was very realistic to me. Furthermore I am glad they finally ended Leilia being a hostage. It was getting a little old but I am still at a loss what their connection is to the alien’s storyline. How the Vicky assassin is tied in confuses me deeply. I love it.

But enough about my thoughts you care about the ratings. Well I have good news the numbers are stable being pretty much even with last week. The Event got a 2.2 in the 18-49 Demo with 6.37 million viewers

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/19...s-castle/68579
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

ah good maybe it's not gonna be canned just yet

Comment

How is Leila no longer a hostage?

Is that the girl Sean is trying to find?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

How is Leila no longer a hostage?

Is that the girl Sean is trying to find?
                          Spoiler:
                          He rescued her from Vicky in last night's episode by blackmailing her
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

The Event
                            - 5.973 million viewers
                            - 3.7/5 HH
                            - 2.0/5 A18-49

Still falling, but no where near as drastically.

Comment

I hope this show doesn't got cancelled, it reminds me of a combination of The 4400 and Flash Forward. And the 1% thing of the aliens reminds me of the Scifi series Prey. I see this after Sanctuary and find it interesting so I look the first episodes online and it hook me up instantly. But seeing Flash Forward dissapear too soon it make me wonders and hopefully it doesn't have the same result. So far I totally love it, and looking forward to know more about the aliens, the event etc.

Spoiler:
                              And what will happen with Lee now.
                              They hit us with guns, bazookas, tear gas, tanks, APVs, helicopters, rockets. I'm pretty sure at least one of them used really harsh language.
                              --Markus--

Comment

I caught an episode on friday on Channel 4 here in the UK.
                                And I liked what I saw.
                                "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                                Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                                Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                                Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                                I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                                To thy own self... Be true
                                May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Working...
                                X