Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Discussion/Appreciation please tag SPOILERS here for s4 and 5 !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So finally I have completed my first time watching in order Angel and I have to say its become with Stargate and Lost one of my favorite shows ever!
    Oh yeah. Angel is up there for me too. You've got your funny episodes, your hilarious episodes, your sad episodes, your horrifying depressing and angsty episodes, you've got cool characters to root for and baddies to hate on. Throw in some fun occasional romances and some awesome friendships (And horrible breaking of those friendships!) and we got ourselves a winner!
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Why did they cancan it? Was it in purpose i mean did whedon decide to end it of was it the Networks decision?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
        Why did they cancan it? Was it in purpose i mean did whedon decide to end it of was it the Networks decision?
        According to Wikipedia...

The only reason that Angel didn't come back…it's a very simple thing. Because our ratings were up, because of our critical attention, Joss specifically asked Jordan Levin, who was the head of The WB at the time, to give us an early pick-up because every year they [would] wait so long to give Angel a pick-up [and] a lot of us [would] turn down jobs hoping that Angel will continue – he [Joss] didn't want that to happen. So, he was feeling very confident and he [Joss] just asked Jordan, "Like, make your decision now whether you're going to pick us up or not," and Jordan, sort of with his hands tied, with his back up against the wall, called him the next day and said, "Okay, we're canceling you." Jordan's no longer there and The WB has since recognized…

I believe Garth Ancier at The WB said that it was a big mistake to cancel Angel. There was a power play that happened that just didn't fall out the way they wanted it to. We wanted to get an early pick-up, they didn't. In fact we forced them [the WB] to make a decision, and with his hand forced he [Levin] made the decision to cancel us. I guarantee that, if we waited as we normally did, by the time May had come around they would have picked up Angel. I can guarantee that.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

It was a network decision
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            as usual. damn it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              The ****ers.

Comment

I just started watching this show again on Netflix streaming a couple of weeks ago. Just saw Wesley get back into the picture. I'm enjoying it so far, I can see all the groundwork being laid for future seasons...but as a rewatcher I am a little ready to get there.

*Patience...Patience*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                  I just started watching this show again on Netflix streaming a couple of weeks ago. Just saw Wesley get back into the picture. I'm enjoying it so far, I can see all the groundwork being laid for future seasons...but as a rewatcher I am a little ready to get there.

*Patience...Patience*
                  I know that.... therefore I started to rewatch SG1 at Season 9 and not at Season 1. Although I love the earlier seasons if not more I have watched them to death not so much Season 9 and 10

back to topic, yes I thought Wesley was a great addition to the regular casts and he makes a great development in season three and four, IMO anyway. I found season one albeit a bit slow but I think Season three is the best of all along with season five. The second Season is interesting as well but I do not like the fourth season... well like them to but not equally as season three and five. I miss me some Angel...
                  sigpic

Comment

So finally I have completed my first time watching in order Angel and I have to say its become with Stargate and Lost one of my favorite shows ever!!!
                    Seasons Rating I would say from best to worst
                    Season 3
                    Season 5
                    Season 4
                    Season 2
                    Season 1
                    ..Season 1 and 2 are basically monster of the week kinda show, but after that..well... what do you know! And I started to read the angel comics..well the first chapter actually and its awesome.... although the characters are sometimes a bit hard to recognize....
                    Spoiler:
                    i love the fact that they did not dumped wesley but connected him with the senior partners

I can only say again.. I wish they had at least one more season.... but... the past is the past. maybe ill watch buffy after a while but not yet...
                    You actually love... season 5? IMO season 4 & 5 were the WORST seasons.. Since they had to go and kill off Cordy She was my absolute FAV character.. plus the whole Angel/Cordy relationship was so sweet! I love them so much <3

For me it was (best to worst)
                    Season 3
                    Season 1
                    Season 2
                    Season 4
                    Season 5
                    sigpic
                    My tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Sam1969 View Post
                      You actually love... season 5? IMO season 4 & 5 were the WORST seasons.. Since they had to go and kill off Cordy She was my absolute FAV character.. plus the whole Angel/Cordy relationship was so sweet! I love them so much <3

For me it was (best to worst)
                      Season 3
                      Season 1
                      Season 2
                      Season 4
                      Season 5
                      The reason, I love Season 5 is because of Spike. He is my absolute hero in the Buffy/Angel Universe...
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X