Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked Angel, but you know, I think Joss Whedon gets such a hard time. He's such a persistant guy too though -- turning Buffy from that movie into a successful 7-year TV run, and now kind of doing the inverse with Firefly. That's just really funny! I wonder why they didn't title the movie Firefly: Serenity but I guess they're going for other things than the brand-name recognition of the TV show, which FOX majorly messed up on I think. Ugh.
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Why is it that everyone likes this FIREFLY series!? What is it about?!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Firefly isnt for my tastes, You got Starhunter which doesnt have as good effects but heck they do got alot of action and drama, Its basically the same premise as firefly except with everyone being bounty hunters for hire and everyone is looking for revenge or to find someone.But I couldnt get into either show.

Firefly was trying to be a western cowboy flick and a Sci fi at the same time,Western flicks are not very big anymore,The story had no goal or purpose except floating around. But I got to give credit to the theme song it was kind of fresh and different and less generic, Actually I would watch the first 2 minutes just to see the theme song and then I would change the channel.
        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I think its the characters that made me like the show, and the growing mystery behind one of the characters whos kind of crazy, but knows everything. I wasn't sure what they did except be bounty hunters, but yah, haha...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Firefly just summed up Joss totally: Creative genius who keeps getting screwed over by executives

The WB cancelled Angel because they have a new vampire show, which is obviously cheaper to make, since its new. And you know that unwritten TV rule, there can only be ONE vampire show per network per season Trying to place the blame on someone else is just weaseling. I don't want them to get an Angel TV movie, they can crash and burn, MWAHAHAHA!

Come on Buffyverse movie!

Comment

I have to say though, that these open endings for the Buffy-verse, are really annoying.

What new vampire show are you talking about Teal'c?

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

I think the new vampire show Teal'c was reffering to was "Dark Shadows" a remake of a remake of a vampire gothic soap opera. It was hyped and everything, but it wasn't picked up It didn't deserve it either.

Comment

That stinky vampire show they run on SciFi sometimes!? Bah! That show stunk!

Comment

Yah, i didn't catch it on scifi though, i did see some episodes, i wasn't too interested. The show tried to remake itself back in 90's on NBC, but was cancelled.

Comment

Come on, who loves this show?

Who's mad that it was cancelled?

Who loves Wesley?

I don't know what it is, but I just love this show. I only recently got into the Buffy and Angel fandom, and I say that Angel is BY FAR the best.

I love Wesley so much. I've seen the first three seasons, the last half of season four, and the first 14 episodes of season 5. I'm already mad that they cancelled it.

So if you love Angel and wanna talk about the show, come on!

Put spoilers in the spoiler tag for people like me who haven't seen all the episodes yet.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
                        Come on, who loves this show?
                        I do.
                        Who's mad that it was cancelled?
                        Everyone.
                        Who loves Wesley?
                        He's alright.
                        I don't know what it is, but I just love this show. I only recently got into the Buffy and Angel fandom, and I say that Angel is BY FAR the best.
                        Angel is darker then Buffy, and I've always enjoyed darkness and misery. So yes, Angel is better
                        I love Wesley so much. I've seen the first three seasons, the last half of season four, and the first 14 episodes of season 5. I'm already mad that they cancelled it.
                        Can't say there's any particular character I like more then any other. The show was really well done and all characters had both good sides and bad sides.

Comment

Ah come on, Wesley rocks!

All the characters are great. Out of the cast of Angel I rank them from Most Loved To Least:

Wesley
                          Cordelia
                          Fred (tied with Angel)
                          Gunn

Cordelia is great. She's funny, serious, ditzy, kick ass sometimes. (spoilers for You're Welcome)
                          Spoiler:
                          The episode You're Welcome was so sad. I cried when Cordelia left. She really left before when she was in a coma but it really hit when she died. I really cired So sad.

They're all great, but I love Wesley more than everyone else lol.

Doyle was great too. So sad to hear the guy who played him overdosed about two years ago...

Spike is great too. I consider him more for Buffy than Angel because was only in one season of Angel. I'm a total Spike/Fred shipper lol. And a Fred/Wesley shipper. Poor Wesley can never get the girl...

Comment

I *love* Angel... Way way better than Buffy ever was... I love Wes... sad what happened to him. My favorite Character was Fred, sad what happened to her. haha I am a Wes/Fred shipper obviously and an Angel/Cordy or Angel/Darla shipper (depending on my mood)
                            Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Originally posted by Vala
                              I *love* Angel... Way way better than Buffy ever was... I love Wes... sad what happened to him. My favorite Character was Fred, sad what happened to her. haha I am a Wes/Fred shipper obviously and an Angel/Cordy or Angel/Darla shipper (depending on my mood)
                              Listing of ships and slash:

Wes/Fred, Angel/Cordy, Spike/Fred, and Wes/Angel.

I never really felt the 'Gunn/Fred' love. Poor Wesley...

I could go on, and on, and on about Wesley

Out of all the episodes I've seen, there's only two that I haven't liked. The season one episode She, and this season five episode with the Mexican demon hunter/wrestler. I didn't really like that episode.

The episodes Parting Gifts and Guise Will Be Guise are just hilarious. Dorky Wesley is great. He's so funny.

I also love the episode with the exorcisim (sp). Angel is all speaking latin and then yells, "NOW GET THE HELL OUT!" That's great.

I LOVE season three. And I also love the last few episodes of season two.

I swear my favorite quote so far is, "Can you guys stop and see how much fire I'm not on?"

Comment

Listing of ships and slash:

Wes/Fred, Angel/Cordy, Spike/Fred, and Wes/Angel.

I swear my favorite quote so far is, "Can you guys stop and see how much fire I'm not on?"
                                if slash pairings count... Spangel! lol... I love that fire quote too funniest thing Angel ever said.
                                Music Videos from various fandoms

Comment

Working...
                                X