This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bast
    WB is controled by Wolf'ram'heart, They werent happy about Black thorns death.
    Very Fun
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I'm not too fond about Spike, although i like his character, a show with Illyria and him would be interesting

Comment

http://www.shotgunreviews.com/sgr/sgr061004.html

Ok, so Angel is over, but this review (at bottom of the link) reviews the retarded decisions that the WB has made, i just wanted to share it

Comment

According to tvguide (link to the page), i listed the notes about angel here.

Though nothing's imminent, WB has offered "Angel" creator Joss Whedon and star David Boreanaz a chance to do "Angel" movies in the future.

11:30 Special Angel movies remain a possibility, although Ancier says it'll probably take some "coaxing" to get David Boreanaz interested.

11:36 Ancier hints that Angel might still be with us today, had producer 20th Century Fox given the network until May to make a final decision. "We [were forced] to make the decision early based on their request." I can't be sure, but I think that's really going to piss off Angel fans.

-------------------------------------------------
          Ok, so Ancier is 'trying' to tell Angel fans that it was Fox's fault for Angel's cancellation? Ancier seems to know nothing about how the show was cancelled, first of all, Joss Whedon, the shows creator, not a Fox Producer asked if Angel was going to get cancelled, Joss Whedon even asked during dinner! And being 'forced' isn't the same as asking a question. What would have been a diffrence to have waited until May to await a renewel or not, while Charmed, whos ratings were falling, and imo episode quality was going down as well, i would think that since they got an early renewel, Angel would have at least deserved a six season renewel. The WB network is becoming really stupid.

Comment

They only cancelled it because it wasn't 7th Heaven.

They need to make an Angel mini-series. SciFi should pic this show up, and give it that.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
            [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I have no doubt that the WB is interested in doing an Angel mini-series, seeing as how the ratings soared during it's last season, but I have my doubts that it will ever happen. David Boreanaz has stated that he isn't interested unless it's on a large scale (i.e. a theatrical movie). And I don't see them bringing back Angel witout...well...Angel.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                I have no doubt that the WB is interested in doing an Angel mini-series, seeing as how the ratings soared during it's last season, but I have my doubts that it will ever happen. David Boreanaz has stated that he isn't interested unless it's on a large scale (i.e. a theatrical movie). And I don't see them bringing back Angel witout...well...Angel.
                Yah, i don't blame David Boreanaz either, because it would serve the WB right too see the many mistakes they have brought on themselves. And David Boreanaz seems happy with his family right now, so i'm happy about that too

Comment

Its good to see they realize now that was a incredibly bone headed decision.

Angel was the only show on the network with any ratings increase, The others were declining. Angel was increasing in ratings 8% per episode in season 5, The Finale had higher rating then Buffy Final episode by a million more viewers.

I hope David Boreanaz does a tv movie mini series for the sake of the dishearted desapointed loyal fans. It was cut down to early there was so much story left to be told, It was getting better episode after episode.

Really Fox should have sold or moved the series to another channel like Stargate SG1 did,Possibly Sci Fi or somthing like that.UPN probaily wouldnt since Buffy was a blunder for them.

Maybe some time in the future Joss Whedon will make a new spin off show in the same Buffy/Angel universe. Maybe with Spike?
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

It's like they beat them up and are trying to lure them back. There must be so much tension and drama behind the scenes. Man, Joss Whedon doesn't get the respect he deserves, but boy is he persistent. Making any spin-off show would make fans want to see "the whole gang" reunited sooner or later, and I don't know if they could do that.

I don't know how'd they start it up again, as the ending of Angel was poignantly symbolic and left to the interpretation of the viewer whether the gang lives or dies, or something else entirely.
                    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Concidering all the Cliff hangers Ive seen ,I am sure they can figure somthing out.Angel had absorbed the powers of Marcus Hamilton before confronting the Senior Partners and their legion of Doom.

Magic Portal apearing for them to escape through, Buffy and the Slayers show up. Anything is possible.Even Whillow Unleashing her full power could kill those rampaging forces.

Remeber Buffy and a handful of Slayers had taken on thousands of UberVamps and won.
                      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I think hes off to make movies, his original plan in the first place. Although i'm looking forward to Serenity, i kinda hoped UPN didn't buy Angel, because first of all, UPN has less affiliates than the WB, so thats like, minus a million viewers, and although UPN doesn't know how to advertise their shows right (they advertise all thier shows like their comedies when some of them are not), the WB didn't advertise Angel at all, and i'm little exagerrating, all you would see is Smallville previews, Gilmore previews, Charmed previews, heck, a WB movie would get more than Angel.

Comment

Despite that Angel was still their fastest growing show and they didnt even know it, Imagine if they advertised Angel how well it would have done?

UPN sucks! They let Enterprise fall through the Tubes not supporting it enough,They turned their Channel into a sitcom and reality show dump!

But I would have rather Angel went to UPN then have it canceld.
                          The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
                            Despite that Angel was still their fastest growing show and they didnt even know it, Imagine if they advertised Angel how well it would have done?

UPN sucks! They let Enterprise fall through the Tubes not supporting it enough,They turned their Channel into a sitcom and reality show dump!

But I would have rather Angel went to UPN then have it canceld.
                            Yah, i retract my previous words, and say i would have rather Angel go to UPN to escape cancellation. UPN is filled with too much comedy's, and they mistake the 'funny' with the 'drama', but now, practically all the drama has left.

Comment

I believe the future of the buffy/angel universe is on regular tv. See who'd be interested in doing it, from both casts, and go from there. You'd need a main person, and if buffy and angel arn't it, so it'd need to be spike or one of the more popular other slayers, then fill in with established folks, and some new ones.

The biggest problem with the series isn't the cast or production, it's the limited vision of the network.

DANIEL (sarcastically): "Oh, could you? I mean, uh, go slow."

Comment

I think i havent really moved on with the shows being over, but i think that the shows should stay where they are, because i think if Joss Whedon's Serenity does good, then i think hes on his way to bigger projects, away from the WB.

Comment

Working...
                                X