Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm.... I'll chime in.... in no particular order.

Secret Adventures of Jules Verne
    The Dresden Files
    Stargate SG-1 & SGA
    BrimStone (I didn't realize there were other Brimmer's on here!!! Anyone from the old WB forum's on here?)
    American Gothic
    Firefly
    Farscape
    Enterprise (Seasons 3 and 4 were really, really good)
    Odyssey 5
    First Wave (Season 3/ Series Finale was bs but Sciffy was responsible for nixing Season 4)

.... I think Sciffy has an ADHD problem with the shows they have and how contracts are handled.
    Last edited by j_talyn; 13 May 2010, 08:31 PM. Reason: proofing

Comment

Stargate Sg-1
      SGA
      that goes without saying, as Firefly too

Jericho
      loved the show, was also involved in the campaigns to save the show after it was cancelled
      New Amsterdam
      fun show, nothing really special but I liked it... though I understand why it was cancelled
      Journeyman
      the same as for New Amsterdam
      Moonlight
      the same...

Day Break
      I really liked this Groundhog Day-like show, it was really complex and required viewer to invest in the show.
      Virtuality
      We got only a pilot that was later rebranded as a TV movie but I think it could've been as good or even better as Defying Gravity (another show I miss) if it was given a chance

What else....

Space: Above and Beyond
      Not all of them but most episodes, especially in the second half of it, rocked.

Kyle XY
      Because of this show I don't understand people who call SGU soap. I wonder what would those people think about Kyle XY then... But it was a pretty good show nonetheless.

I'd add B5 if I wouldn't lose interest in the last season, the same goes for X-Files (only lost interest much earlier)
      - the guest member of SGU book club

Comment

Stargate: SG-1
        Star Trek: Enterprise
        Firefly
        John Doe (Anyone remember that? A man wakes up naked in the woods with no memories, but a bunch of facts in his brain. Another FOX victim)

Comment

here is the shows i miss

stargate sg1
          babylon 5
          buffy the vampire slayer
          battlestar galactica
          gilmore girls
          death note
          dark angel
          sigpic
          The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
            John Doe (Anyone remember that? A man wakes up naked in the woods with no memories, but a bunch of facts in his brain. Another FOX victim)
            I liked this show. Was disappointed it only last a single season but it was a very interesting and unique series.

Other shows I miss, "Dark Skies" and "Now and Again". Both lasted a single series and starred Eric Close.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
              I liked this show. Was disappointed it only last a single season but it was a very interesting and unique series.

Other shows I miss, "Dark Skies" and "Now and Again". Both lasted a single series and starred Eric Close.
              Ohhhh I forgot all about that. I remember really liking it!
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am not missing "The X-Files" since I never watched the 9th season and never plan to but loved the films. Maybe we X-Philers get lucky and there will be another one. "Farscape" got a decent ending with the "Peacekeepr Wars" so I am okay with the ending of that show.

Shows that I miss:
                Middleman: I love that show so much and I am still angry at ABC for placing it on a completely wrong channel (ABC Family...I mean honestly....) and not even giving us the 13th episode. I want another season, dang it!
                Pushing Daisies : The show was never able to tell all the stories it wanted to and we only go that crappy five minute rushed ending
                Firefly: No explanation needed for this one, I think
                Dollhouse: The show got better and better and while it had a good ending, I would have loved to see more
                Sarah Connor Chronicles: A decent ending would have been nice
                Dark Angel: Just when things finally started to get really interesting the show got cancelled because it was too expensive
                The West Wing : That is completely irrational and yes I know that the later seasons were not that great but I LOVE that show so much.
                Sherlock Homes: Anther irrational one, but ever since I started listening to the further adventures by Bert Coules I can't stop thinking on how amazing those stories would have been with Jeremy. RIP
                He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                And he's wonderful.

Comment

In order of preference:

Farscape - can't get enough of this. Good thing for the comics and, hopefully, future webisodes. (I'm too new as a fan to have lost hope yet )

SG-1 & SGA - the world needs more Vala...and McKeller! *ducks for cover*

Firefly - like Farscape & both SG-1 & SGA, I got into this AFTER it was cancelled. While Serenity was great, more would be nice.

SeaQuest DSV - haven't seen it in ages...I don't even remember if I saw the finale. I miss it, tho'. A remake/restart/reboot would be nice.
                  I think I got drawn in because of a game I used to play called Subwar 20something (from Microprose).

Space: Above And Beyond - I keep seeing this mentioned around here...that I now suddenly want to watch it again. I do recall, that when I started watching it, I was still into space sims like the Wing Commander series or Star Wars series (Tie Fighter FTW!!!)...so maybe a 'remake' now wouldn't be so bad. I just hope I find it more interesting than new BSG (sorry, BSG fans, I never got 'hooked'...maybe I should watch the premiere again *shrugs* )

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles - admittedly, the show had 'low'/'slow' points, but I think things were picking up quite nicely just before it got canceled. A mini-series/movie to cap it would be nice ('cause the finale, IMHO, was quite a cliffhanger)

Non sci-fi:
                  only thing I can think of, at the moment, is Standoff - I recall enjoying the show and the 2 main characters (that and Zoe from Firefly was in it)
                  sigpic

Comment

Farscape...I loved everything about this show so of course I'd miss it.

Firefly...

Buffy the Vampire Slayer...even though the show had a nice conclusion but I miss the characters and the dialogue.

Angel...After the Fall made into episodes would have been great....expensive but great. After that I'm not so sure considering my favorite character died in the series finale. But I still miss the show and the characters.

The X-Files...even though I wasn't exactly a fan of the last few seasons but not because of Doggett/Reyes. I hated the series finale, but I still miss the show.

Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles...show really had its ups and downs but it totally sucked that they canceled it and left us hanging with that final episode. The show could have gotten really good with that ending....
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Carnivale
                      Wonderful HBO series, mixing religion and fantasy in a brilliant plot. Fabulous setting, tremendous sets, brilliant story and perfect casting (I could listen to Clancy Brown read the dictionary). It's a damn shame this was cancelled after only two of its planned 6 seasons. Never watched it, so can't comment.

Crusade
                      I know a lot of people found it kind of 'meh', but I quite enjoyed it and thought it was full of potential for growth. Quite liked (most of) the characters, too. In general I miss the B5 universe. Agreed. It had significant potential, but was axed before it got to really show it. The hints JMS revealed about the 'plan' just make it all the more painful! I don't think we'll ever get anything new in the B5-verse, but it'd be nice.

Defying Gravity
                      A show cheated out of life by both ABC and Sci Fi. It was really something different and awesome, I wish it had gone on for longer. Ditto. Absolutely loved this series, really annoyed I missed the last three episodes on BBC 2.

Farscape
                      Do I really need to elaborate on this one? Nope. Awesome, cut down in its prime.

Firefly
                      Or this one? Cancelling Firefly was the greatest crime against television. Reality shows in any format are the second greatest. Or is that the other way around?

Lexx
                      I wanted just one more season, just one more. Something to make up for the god-awful season 4. Before we found out it was ending, I had it in my head that they could do a season 5 by going back in time and being part of the Insect Wars. Nice idea. I actually quite enjoyed Lexx, but my god did it go downhill. How I got through season 4 I'll never know. Probably because it was always on really late at night here in the UK.

Red Dwarf
                      More specifically, the early Grant/Naylor years. After Rob Grant left, the show lost something important. I still enjoyed it, I liked Back to Earth, and I'm thrilled it's coming back again... But it's just not got that hilarity it had in the beginning. Back to Earth was poor, personally. I liked the original run, and even the 'revived' run with the seventh to ninth series, but not enough to wish it were back on. I don't think the Dave version will work.

Stargate SG-1
                      After the pretty lackluster seasons 7-8, the last two years really gave the show the shot in the arm that it needed. I loved it all over again and was thrilled when we heard that they'd been given the go-ahead to sign on cast and crew for season 11. And then Sci Fi pulled the rug out from under us =\ I'm still bitter. If so much I like wasn't from Syfy, I'd still be boycotting them. Couldn't have put it better myself.

The X-Files
                      I loved the Doggett/Reyes years. I think they got way too much of a bad rap when they were on, just because everyone was used to Mulder/Scully being the focus. But these two, IMO, proved that the series could keep going with other characters as well. Shame that I Want To Believe wasn't great. X-Files was starting to get a little tired, but Doggett/Reyes did improve matters I think, and though the ending was rubbish, I think the series ended about when it should have done.
                      Basically, what DigiFluid said.
                      And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                      sigpic
                      Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I beginning to miss Dollhouse as well.....

Comment

I miss the Rugrats.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                            I miss the Rugrats.
                            so do i as it was my fav cartoon when i was a kid
                            sigpic
                            The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

for me its jericho,firefly,farscape,reaper and flash gordon from a few years back....just kidding on that last one

Comment

What most of you said, Firefly, Farscape, SG1, SGA, Angel, Buffy. Gonna add a few.

Batman the Animated Series
                                Superman Animated Series
                                Batman Beyond

Comment

Working...
                                X