Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sci-fi episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe Season 2:

Twin Destinies

The Walking Dead Season 1:

Tell it to the Frog

Vatos ....
    sigpic

Comment

Farscape

Peackeeper Wars.( Because this was so massive in those 3 hours I ‘m liable to forget some things. Felt like the cliffhangers from Bad Timing with Chiana’s eyes and John and Aeryn returning from their crystallized from was resolved too easily. But Rygel having to carry John and Aeryn’s was frellin hilarious. Biologically impossible but hilarious none the less. And that includes his hormone inbalance after the fetus went back to Aeryn. I also question the point of kicking Scorpious and Sikozu off Moya if they are just going to rejoin. They could have used someone else to start the war with the Scarrans. Nooranti seemed pretty useless in the miniseries. I wonder if their was behind the scenes reason the actor wasn’t there. But enough with my negatives (except maybe the radical change in Sikozu’s appearance) and lets get on with the positives. At first I was negative about Grayza being pregnant. It seemed utterly pointless but I think it works towards the end when John launches that weapon. And overall I liked it as it mixtures of a lot of things. Their was ton of action like returning to Amernsick and the subsequent bombing of it by the Scarrans was quite cool looking. Although I have to say the death of Jool produced no emotional reaction in me what so ever. It was even a little comical. Speaking of comical I laughed at Einstein beating the smack out of Emperor Staleak. Its about time someone put a Scarran in his place. Although its interesting how an Eldloin was able to even have him see peace. Speaking of peace a compliant I thought the characters were a little preachy about wanting peace to the point of out of character for some of them. It also speaks to me how Einstein gravely sees that wormhole weapons may be the only way to solve everything Lo’lal was always a cool ship but I guess if it has to go I don’t have any problems with how it was destroyed. To me it makes sense that Scarrans could detect cloaked ships. Although I wonder why no one detected Jothee’s ship collecting D’Argo and Chiana. This leads to the big fight on the water planet (whose real name escapes me). It was long and drawn out so I’m not going to discuss in detail although it does seem pointless. Why go down there in the first place when almost everyone is dead? Although I will admit it had some nice action in the fight and some comedic moments like when Aeryn was giving birth with the assistance of Chiana and Stark. Their were also some nice character moments like Sikozu being a traitor. I kind of wish more had been elaborated. Like the time frame and her motivation. I don’t buy it was to save her people. She can’t be that naïve. The death of D’Argo has to rival Zhaan’s death which to me was the saddest thing ever in Farscape. The mood of the deaths were different but both of them were quite sad. I admit to crying as he says goodbye to everyone. The high point is the part where he says goodbye to John. It was one of the saddest things I have ever scene. I have said in these 4 seasons that John has done some crazy and insane things. But launching a weapon of mass destruction like that to be the record. Its not a shocker why the Peacekeepers and Scarrans called a truce but still it was pretty crazy which makes for good television. Although I wonder why the Peackeepers didn’t arrest them. They are still technically criminals. I also wonder why Einstein put John in a coma and took away his wormhole knowledge. It seemed like they were in agreement that it was a necessary evil. This is what happens when a show is cancelled prematurely. Too many unanswered questions. I will end with saying I liked the nod that the offspring is called D’Argo.

Thats it I'm done, for obvious reasons
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The deploying of the wormhole weapon was....wow. One of the truly chilling/awe-inspiring moments in sci-fi.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

That wall of text really hurts the eyes

V - Season 2 Episode 10 (season finale)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Farscape

Peackeeper Wars.( Because this was so massive in those 3 hours I ‘m liable to forget some things. Felt like the cliffhangers from Bad Timing with Chiana’s eyes and John and Aeryn returning from their crystallized from was resolved too easily. But Rygel having to carry John and Aeryn’s was frellin hilarious. Biologically impossible but hilarious none the less. And that includes his hormone inbalance after the fetus went back to Aeryn. I also question the point of kicking Scorpious and Sikozu off Moya if they are just going to rejoin. They could have used someone else to start the war with the Scarrans. Nooranti seemed pretty useless in the miniseries. I wonder if their was behind the scenes reason the actor wasn’t there. But enough with my negatives (except maybe the radical change in Sikozu’s appearance) and lets get on with the positives. At first I was negative about Grayza being pregnant. It seemed utterly pointless but I think it works towards the end when John launches that weapon. And overall I liked it as it mixtures of a lot of things. Their was ton of action like returning to Amernsick and the subsequent bombing of it by the Scarrans was quite cool looking. Although I have to say the death of Jool produced no emotional reaction in me what so ever. It was even a little comical. Speaking of comical I laughed at Einstein beating the smack out of Emperor Staleak. Its about time someone put a Scarran in his place. Although its interesting how an Eldloin was able to even have him see peace. Speaking of peace a compliant I thought the characters were a little preachy about wanting peace to the point of out of character for some of them. It also speaks to me how Einstein gravely sees that wormhole weapons may be the only way to solve everything Lo’lal was always a cool ship but I guess if it has to go I don’t have any problems with how it was destroyed. To me it makes sense that Scarrans could detect cloaked ships. Although I wonder why no one detected Jothee’s ship collecting D’Argo and Chiana. This leads to the big fight on the water planet (whose real name escapes me). It was long and drawn out so I’m not going to discuss in detail although it does seem pointless. Why go down there in the first place when almost everyone is dead? Although I will admit it had some nice action in the fight and some comedic moments like when Aeryn was giving birth with the assistance of Chiana and Stark. Their were also some nice character moments like Sikozu being a traitor. I kind of wish more had been elaborated. Like the time frame and her motivation. I don’t buy it was to save her people. She can’t be that naïve. The death of D’Argo has to rival Zhaan’s death which to me was the saddest thing ever in Farscape. The mood of the deaths were different but both of them were quite sad. I admit to crying as he says goodbye to everyone. The high point is the part where he says goodbye to John. It was one of the saddest things I have ever scene. I have said in these 4 seasons that John has done some crazy and insane things. But launching a weapon of mass destruction like that to be the record. Its not a shocker why the Peacekeepers and Scarrans called a truce but still it was pretty crazy which makes for good television. Although I wonder why the Peackeepers didn’t arrest them. They are still technically criminals. I also wonder why Einstein put John in a coma and took away his wormhole knowledge. It seemed like they were in agreement that it was a necessary evil. This is what happens when a show is cancelled prematurely. Too many unanswered questions. I will end with saying I liked the nod that the offspring is called D’Argo.

Thats it I'm done, for obvious reasons
            They had to resolve the cliffhanger stuff rather quickly due to time constraints.

Grayza's pregnancy came about because the actress was pregnant. So, they just wrote it in since it would have been rather hard to hide it. As for Noranti's absence for most of the movie, the actress was unable to be in the make-up for long due to health reasons.
            sigpic
            "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
            Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Just watched:

Star Trek
              "The Lights of Zetar"
              "The Cloud Minders"
              "The Way to Eden" (space hippies, oy!)
              sigpic
              "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
              Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                That wall of text really hurts the eyes

V - Season 2 Episode 10 (season finale)
                Then my evil plan was a success
                Originally posted by McClance View Post
                They had to resolve the cliffhanger stuff rather quickly due to time constraints.

Grayza's pregnancy came about because the actress was pregnant. So, they just wrote it in since it would have been rather hard to hide it. As for Noranti's absence for most of the movie, the actress was unable to be in the make-up for long due to health reasons.
                That much is obvious but I still feel a need to address the flaws of the miniseries.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

SGA: Identity
                  sigpic

Comment

SGA: Whispers
                    sigpic

Comment

Dr Who - the Girl in the Fireplace
                      Max Headroom - Blipverts
                      no means no, and so does pepper spray
                      Sig by The Carpenter
                      sigpic

Comment

ENT - Cold Front.
                        sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                        - R.E.M.

Comment

Yesterday:
                          SGA- First Contact, The Lost Tribe

Today:
                          Doctor Who- New Earth
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by TheSamster123 and can be found at fanPop!

Comment

Stargate Atlantis

Runner
                            sigpic
                            Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Stargate SG-1 9.10 The Fourth Horseman
                              Stargate SG-1 9.11 The Fourth Horseman, Part 2
                              Stargate Atlantis 2.10 The Lost Boys
                              Stargate Atlantis 2.11 The Hive
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Stargate Atlantis The Shrine
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X