Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What sci-fi episode did you watch today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 100
    Survival of the Fittest
    sigpic

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
      02.26 - The Space Museum (The Space Museum Ep. 1 of 4)
      02.27 - The Dimensions of Time (The Space Museum Ep. 2 of 4)
      02.28 - The Search (The Space Museum Ep. 3 of 4)
      02.29 - The Final Phase (The Space Museum Ep. 4 of 4)
      02.30 - The Executioners (The Chase Ep. 1 of 6)
      02.31 - The Death of Time (The Chase Ep. 2 of 6)
      02.32 - Flight Through Eternity (The Chase Ep. 3 of 6)
      02.33 - Journey Into Terror (The Chase Ep. 4 of 6)
      02.34 - The Death of Doctor Who (The Chase Ep. 5 of 6)
      02.35 - The Planet of Decision (The Chase Ep. 6 of 6)

THE X-FILES
      09x03 - Dæmonicus
      09x04 - 4-D

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

The X-Files
        6x17 - Trevor

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Just a thought. What say those who indicate they have watched a particular episode of a series, give some small summary of their thoughts. Gives the rest of us a sense of the worthiness of watching it ... or not. Nothing grandiose. Just a sentence or two. I'd like to know how people feel about some of these shows.

Comment

The Man from U.N.C.L.E., season 1, eps. 7-8, "The Giuoco Piano Affair", and "The Double Affair".

Thunderbirds Are Go, series 1, ep. 24, "Touch and Go".
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Both great old series Man fro UNCLE and Thunderbirds. Pure fun escapism both. Latest Thunderbirds not quite as fun but quite good also and now into season 2

Comment

Both great old series Man fro UNCLE and Thunderbirds. Pure fun escapism both. Latest Thunderbirds not quite as fun but quite good also and now into season 2

Comment

There's still two more episodes of Thunderbirds Are Go series 1 to be broadcast, and it's a two part story.

The majority of U.N.C.L.E. season 1, I've never seen - with the exception of the movie versions of the pilot episode "The Vulcan Affair" (movie "To Trap A Spy"), and episode 8 "The Double Affair" (movie "The Spy with My Face").
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

The X-Files

"Post-Modern Prometheus"
                    "Christmas Carol"

Comment

Supernatural
                      Just My Imagination
                      O Brother, Where Art Thou?

iZombie
                      Abra Cadaver
                      sigpic

Comment

American Horror Story
                        Mommy
                        Devil's Night
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          The majority of U.N.C.L.E. season 1, I've never seen - with the exception of the movie versions of the pilot episode "The Vulcan Affair" (movie "To Trap A Spy"), and episode 8 "The Double Affair" (movie "The Spy with My Face").
                          I mentioned the Man from UNCLE phenomena in the SciFi TV classics section. It was a product of James Bond's Ian Fleming, in that he had a lot to do with its early development. It was meant to be a one man show, Solo, and in fact the series was originally to be called Ian Fleming's Solo until Broccoli and Saltzman, the Bond producers, stepped in and persuaded Fleming it would be contrary to the interests of the Bond franchise to use his name and association with the concept. It was then to be called just Solo, with Waverley as another agent who was to mentor Solo, and a Mr Allison was intended as the boss, who appears in the pilot. Waverley's role in that episode was removed before it was released.

But of course Leo G. Carroll who played Waverley knew he couldnt handle the action scenes, and he replaced Allison to become Waverley Section 1 No 1. Originally in Flemings early scripts, Solo was to be partnered by a female, April Dancer, a character that later was used in the Girl from UNCLE series. But it was decided instead to placate the Russians with a Russian agent Kuryakin, and the primary nemesis against all nations being THRUSH. The money people didnt want the Russian character but the producers said contracts had been signed and so fortunately he was retained.

During and after the series was made, the producers decided to increase the popularity (and money making) by making telemovie versions using much of the material in the episodes. The movies were called 'To Trap a Spy', 'The Spy with my Face', 'One Spy too many', 'One of our Spies is Missing', 'The Spy with the Green Hat', 'The Karate Killers', 'The Helicopter Spies' and 'How to Steal the World'. Of course The Girl from UNCLE was produced at the end of the series and lasted a year.

A few decades later another telemovie The Return of the Man from UNCLE was made, and quaintly in honour of Fleming, an Aston Martin was used and an unidentified agent with the initials J.B. was involved and acted by George Lazenby (Bond in On Her Majesty's Secret Service) And of course there is the more recent cinema release produced by Guy Ritchie.

Great series and if you've never watched it, a hint. The first year in black and white was the best and rather than work your way through the 4 seasons, watch the 8 telemovies produced at that time...you get a real feel for the concept that way. The movies are sold as a package on DVD. The series is also available on DVD
                          Last edited by bearfax; 09 January 2016, 06:14 PM.

Comment

DOCTOR WHO
                            02.36 - The Watcher (The Time Meddler Ep. 1 of 4)
                            02.37 - The Meddling Monk (The Time Meddler Ep. 2 of 4)
                            02.38 - A Battle of Wits (The Time Meddler Ep. 3 of 4)
                            02.39 - Checkmate (The Time Meddler Ep. 4 of 4)

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                            K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Stargate Atlantis

Irresponsible
                              sigpic
                              Sig by (x)

Comment

Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell

The Black Tower
                                sigpic
                                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment