Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did you get started on science-fiction?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched "Alien" with my brother when I was pretty young. I LOVED it! Since then I'm hooked on everything SciFi

Comment

If I remember correctly, the first Sci fi show I ever watched was Alias, back when I was 9 years old. However it was Stargate that made me into a fan of the genre.
      sigpic

Comment

I know have pictures of young children being forced to watch Star Trek in my head.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iffy1 View Post
          I know have pictures of young children being forced to watch Star Trek in my head.
          but they promised us money years later we got 7 of 9 so all was forgiven
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Im not realy sure to be honest. It just kinda happened.

On a related note. I like Stargate because i was forced to watch COTG when i was little.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
              but they promised us money years later we got 7 of 9 so all was forgiven
              I remember watching the original all on my own. We had Ohura back than. You look at when the original came out and it is one of the few TV shows that had non-white people in it and they did not marginalize the non-whites too much, just the aliens.
              sigpic

Comment

Have those around you accepted your love of science-fiction?

Comment

Star Trek:TOS reruns when I was little.

Comment

I got hooked watching Patrick Troughton and the Daleks in the late 60's.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
                      After i untied them, put the sharp objects away and cleand up the blood. Yes, yes they did.
                      sigpic

Comment

My first SciFi memories are from when I was three, maybe four... listening to War of the Worlds on long car journeys back in the mid eighties. Then onto Star Wars when I was five or six (in our family you couldn't avoid it).

Although much to everyone else's surprise I took it further, I'm now a Grade A SciFi Geek and my nephew is following suit.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ragitsu View Post
                          Who cares? If they don't like sci-fi, I wouldn't want to be around them anyway....>_>

But seriously, since my family got me started on it in the first place, they definitely accept it. I've gotten some cool classic science fiction books for Christmas. As far as friends or acquaintances go, most people either don't have an opinion or are sci-fi fans themselves. I think sci-fi (along with geekiness) has become more "culturally accepted" as of late.
                          || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

My mum is a bit of a sci fi fan, and she got me and my brother watching it from an early age, mostly through us coming and badgering her when she was watching it Star Wars and Doctor Who were the big starters though. (Not that I saw much of either. I was watching from behind a cushion or the door frame. I was such a woosy child )
                            If found, is probably lost on the way to Azaroth or the Pegasus Galaxy
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Draygon View Post
                              My mum is a bit of a sci fi fan, and she got me and my brother watching it from an early age, mostly through us coming and badgering her when she was watching it Star Wars and Doctor Who were the big starters though. (Not that I saw much of either. I was watching from behind a cushion or the door frame. I was such a woosy child )
                              I used to watch Dr. Who from behind the sofa. I reasoned that the gap between the sofa and the wall was too small for Daleks to get through.
                              sigpic

Comment

I don't really remember...
                                Star Wars, perhaps, was my first intro into sci-fi (or at least the one that I actually enjoyed).
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X