Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
    Hehehe. The Horatio thread in the BW boards...is it still alive?
    Are you serious? Someone actually beat me to the Horatio Thane reference?

Oh well, it was good and original while it lasted (for a few brief hours). And at least I can play Mass Effect CSI! Thanks for making this dream possible, BioWare.

Nice outfits, but, IMHO, the 'fixed' Garrus armor should have been part of the retail game (i.e., as the loyalty mission unlockable). Oh well, no biggie, since it's just cosmetic anyway.
    I'll probably get this pack just for his armor, although it's going to be odd not having his trademark blue eyepiece going on.

Maybe Jack's, but that's only because I hate her other options. But I use her so rarely I'd not get much use out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
      Are you serious? Someone actually beat me to the Horatio Thane reference?

Oh well, it was good and original while it lasted (for a few brief hours). And at least I can play Mass Effect CSI! Thanks for making this dream possible, BioWare.
      Hehehe. Well there was (is?) this long running thread w/ Horatio Caine one-liners followed by the intro 'scream' thingy... not sure about Horatio Thane, tho'.
      http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/1012800
      ...yup...still alive. Last post was 5 hrs. ago.
      sigpic

Comment

Hehehe. Well there was (is?) this long running thread w/ Horatio Caine one-liners followed by the intro 'scream' thingy... not sure about Horatio Thane, tho'.
        http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to.../index/1012800
        ...yup...still alive. Last post was 5 hrs. ago.
        That's freakin' awesome. Now I want to have my entire team sporting a pair of shades.

Shepard: Jacob, where your shades at, man?
        Jacob: No way, dude. I'm not sporting the shades. I look enough like Kanye West without adding those into the mix.
        Shepard: But we're looking for Horatio Thane's son. It's a page straight out of CSI: Miami.
        Jack: You're such a *****, Jacob. Just put on the ******* shades. ****. Is it that ******* hard?
        Mordin: Jack's combat ability impressive. Odds of survival low. Wish to reconsider, Jacob?
        Jacob: Maybe being Kanye isn't such a bad thing, after all. But what about everyone else?
        Zaeed: Your Illusive Man can move a lot of credits. Let's go be ******* crime scene investigators.
        Grunt: I don't care what I wear as long as I get to kill someone.
        Garrus: I think I'll pass on this one, guys. I have some calibrations to take care of.

Comment

I tried to leave. But then I found this.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/ka...s-effect/63465

Comment

Argh.

DLC is such a pain. Not because it's bad, you see. But because I'm a total sucker for any and all DLC that BioWare can throw at me
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Argh.

DLC is such a pain. Not because it's bad, you see. But because I'm a total sucker for any and all DLC that BioWare can throw at me
              Even horse armor?

Comment

I'm sure BioWare could make it work somehow
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  The Jack outfit looks sweet, but what's up with the stupid-looking glasses? She looks like she has duct tape over her eyes.
                  Well now, seems Jack is gradually completing her transformation into a female Helghast. Though she already did have a head start with the "do".

In any case this fits into my long term plans for insidious human domination marvelously.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

New paint job for the Normandy?

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
                      New paint job for the Normandy?
                      A new ship would be nice.
                      I still want something bigger (dreadnought, carrier, cruiser, whatever )...and it should carry over to ME3.
                      (a customizable ship, including paint scheme, would be super)
                      sigpic

Comment

A new ship would be nice.
                        I still want something bigger (dreadnought, carrier, cruiser, whatever )...and it should carry over to ME3.
                        (a customizable ship, including paint scheme, would be super)
                        Isn't the SR-2 a cruiser?

Comment

I thought it was a Frigate? (the class that's supposed to operate in wolfpacks?)
                          Sure, the SR-2 is twice the size of the SR-1, but I think it's still not big enough (and has a different role?) to be considered a 'Cruiser'.
                          That and it's still called the 'Normandy' (which follows the Frigate naming convention).
                          sigpic

Comment

I thought it was a Frigate? (the class that's supposed to operate in wolfpacks?)
                            Sure, the SR-2 is twice the size of the SR-1, but I think it's still not big enough (and has a different role?) to be considered a 'Cruiser'.
                            That and it's still called the 'Normandy' (which follows the Frigate naming convention).
                            Cruisers operate in wolfpacks too--they just tend to lead them. They're larger, more heavily armed and cannot enter a planet's atmosphere. It sounds like the SR-2 would fit in this group quite nicely. At least, from the information I remember (and I don't have the game's codex available to me, nor do I recall what it has to say on the matter).

That's the Alliance's system. Cerberus isn't the Alliance (it used to be, sure, and there's the conspiracy theories that it still is, but that's a different matter). Shepard and Joker can name the SR-2 whatever they want.

I used to learn towards the Normandy being a frigate, but I've been thinking more and more that it's a cruiser.

Comment

I want a Battleship...

This one is a bit short, tho' (around 1/4th the size of ME's dreadnoughts, I think...still... )
                              But something along this line.

Aaaand before someone starts arguing along the lines of Carriers > Gun-platform-type ships (i.e., BBs or Dreads), I actually like carriers (some my fondest gaming memories are of two carriers, named the Tiger's Claw and the Concordia ...tho' I think my all-time favourite 'space sim', 'Tie Fighter', had a better 'carrier'...an Imperial-class Star Destroyer ). I just think big ships w/ lotsa guns are cooler.
                              Last edited by gotthammer; 30 March 2010, 03:22 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Finished the first Mass Effect at 00:00 exactly (sat-sun transistion).When the credits were rolling I was just.. O_O

Well...Mass Effect 2 started up 5 minutes later

Comment

Working...
                                X