No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So it'll be available on Tuesday then. Geez, I'll have to clean the dust off my disc; this'll be the first time I've touched anything ME-related since finishing it the first time.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

So it'll be available on Tuesday then. Geez, I'll have to clean the dust off my disc; this'll be the first time I've touched anything ME-related since finishing it the first time.
      Shame.

I've heard its 1.9 Gigs...well that link there....I ahve also heard from a friend of mine that it has only ten minutes of actual content. O.O. Now call me a simple country bumpkin but doesen't that sound rather huge for ten minute cut scenes? O.O I mean even if there are a lot of them reflecting choices. It makes no sense lucy.

Comment

Maybe they're jacking it up to five colour endings!

Nah, I should be nicer than that. Bioware has had a long history of brilliance, maybe they really can pull a rabbit out of their hat here.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Maybe they're jacking it up to five colour endings!

Nah, I should be nicer than that. Bioware has had a long history of brilliance, maybe they really can pull a rabbit out of their hat here.
          lol.

Well at this point I would suggest another orifice but hey we are trying to be nice. But nah I am opptomistic. Apparently LOTSB was 1.5 and Arrival was 553 MEGA bytes. And LOTSB was a lot more involved then Arrival even so...I don't get it. Unless they have like millions of different cut scenes.

Comment

A Twitter used asked Jessica Merizan on Twitter

Can you estimate roughly how many minutes the EC adds from Cerb base to the end ?

& her reply is

In a single play through, I'd say it adds ~10+ minutes, but there's quite a few iterations that require separate games to see

Another Twitter user asked if there is any type of actual fight with Harbinger

& her reply is

No additional combat in the EC DLC

Yay for Youtube

Comment

She's just a community manager though, right?

10m seems a little short for 1.9gb of content.

Comment

She's just a community manager though, right?

10m seems a little short for 1.9gb of content.
                That does not mean that she would not know these things & I will be waiting for the youtube uploads. No doubt some of the walkthrough guys will get this stuff done on there

Comment

Not a fan of the endings (big surprise there,LOL), but for some reason I'm ridiculously optimistic about the EC. Maybe it's the size of it,maybe it's because there were some hints that Shepard may actually reunite with his/her crew (although I donot truly believe this will happen, hope dies last). Maybe it's just because I still trust Bioware,despite the fact that they have made many decisions I did not like as of late. But if there's one thing I am pissed about is that they're releasing this thing in the middle of work week! Damn it!

But seriously,I can't wait.

Comment

10 minutes of a crap
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

We don't know that yet. It could still turn out to be 10 minutes of awesome. Or 20 or 30 (I still think 10m is too short for 1.9gb).

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        10 minutes of a crap
                        Oh,have you played it already? Or do you have powers of premonition? Care to share?

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                          Not a fan of the endings (big surprise there,LOL), but for some reason I'm ridiculously optimistic about the EC. Maybe it's the size of it,maybe it's because there were some hints that Shepard may actually reunite with his/her crew (although I donot truly believe this will happen, hope dies last). Maybe it's just because I still trust Bioware,despite the fact that they have made many decisions I did not like as of late. But if there's one thing I am pissed about is that they're releasing this thing in the middle of work week! Damn it!

But seriously,I can't wait.
                          Neither can I. And you are right. I still trust them and they have a far longer and greater track record of releasing good quality, niche, games, for over a decade. I know apparently to a lot of people they have stumbled of late...but so? I mean those stumbles are still important but are we just going to abandon a company that a lot of people love over just a few bad descisions?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                            Neither can I. And you are right. I still trust them and they have a far longer and greater track record of releasing good quality, niche, games, for over a decade. I know apparently to a lot of people they have stumbled of late...but so? I mean those stumbles are still important but are we just going to abandon a company that a lot of people love over just a few bad descisions?
                            Yes. Truth be told, they are the only company that makes games that I enjoy,so if I chose to give up o them, I'd be left with nothing... But the most important reason is, I know how good their writers can be. No other video game ever made me cry with joy the way ME 3 did (Tuchanka and Rannoch... they were perfect). No othe company can make games that make me care about their characters as much as I care about Garrus, Tali, Liara, Mordin, Alistair, Morrigan, Bastila Shan, etc. Whatever mistakes Bioware may have made, I'm immensely grateful for the wonderful experience they have already given me.

Comment

When will the downloadable DLC become available today, as Ive just looked and its not up yet

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                When will the downloadable DLC become available today, as Ive just looked and its not up yet
                                It's just been made available for X-Box players. PC version will be available a bit later.

I'm reading the spoilers. they're driving me insane!
                                Last edited by Raelis; 26 June 2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X