Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gotthammer View Post
    Yeah, I loved the Mako, too. While it was definitely 'time padding' (or whatever it's called), the Mako did make the setting feel a bit 'bigger' (more so than ME2 or 3's 'scanning thingy'. Also, at least ME2's scanning thing could potentially lead to missions).
    I also preferred ME1's weapon 'heat management' mechanic better (it rewards you, after all, if you upgrade your weapons/gear). I still think a 'hybrid' version would've been better (the Prothean DLC weapon for ME3 comes close, but I'd have preferred a hybrid solution for all weapons).

While ME2's Hammerhead was also 'ok', I preferred the 'feel' of the Mako better. I was actually hoping, 'cause of the trailers, that I'd be able to roam around in the Mako in ME3. Alas, just another disappointment... (ultimately a negligible one, of course, in relation to the plot holes/ending mess )
    Put me in the camp that preferred the Mako to. I used to like setting up on top of those huge ridges that were everywhere and raining merry doom down on everyone below with my giant scoped cannon. That or ramming Geth Colossi until they died, or crushing hordes of hapless troopers under the wheels. Either one actually made you feel like a legitimate armored vehicle instead of a paper airplane that was ludicrously imperiled by even light small arms fire.

I was actually hoping they'd step it up for this one, given the all out war setting, and you'd get to drive a full on alliance tank at some point. One of those gunships could have been fun to, provided it couldn't be taken down by bug spray the way the hammerhead could.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
      Question, has anyone elses ME3 multiplayer been crashing recently? Went to go on it tonight and I couldnt get on, was one match away from another special spectre pack too

Ive also been replaying ME recently, doing what I did with ME2 and 3, trying to get everything completed and talking to everyone, funny what you can miss when you slightly rush a game as I definately did with ME.
      Also nice to see how the games have developed over the years, it is slightly annoying though as Ive gotten used to ME2 and 3 gameplay so its weird reverting back to the old playstyle.
      Ever since the latest patch it seems the entire game's been a huge non stop crash fest for me. It's especially fun on wave 8-10 of a gold game where my dropping not only screws me out of all my credits but likely screws the other 3 people in the game with me out of a win as well.

I've seen it happening enough in games to know it's not an isolated thing either. So many mp matches seem to finish with 3 players now that I'm really reluctant to even play on gold for the time being. Nothing like blowing a half hour and a bunch of consumables trying to pull a clutch round out of the fire only to have the game **** the bed during the extraction wave and rob you of all your work.

I'd estimate about 1 in 4 of my games ends in either a DC, freeze or crash to desktop now.

If they can't fix their servers at least let me have a way to rejoin the game I was just DCed from without having to have someone in there on my friends list to re-invite me.

Comment

My problem wasn't with the Mako. I loved it on the plot-significant worlds (Noveria, Feros, Virmire, etc). My problem was with the insane terrain on the minor planets. Almost everything was either really difficult to climb without lots of swerving back and forth or absolutely flat (mostly the first one).

Comment

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...70/606/13a.jpg

Language warning!
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
              My problem wasn't with the Mako. I loved it on the plot-significant worlds (Noveria, Feros, Virmire, etc). My problem was with the insane terrain on the minor planets. Almost everything was either really difficult to climb without lots of swerving back and forth or absolutely flat (mostly the first one).
              I agree with you.
              The Makos awesome, but Im getting annoyed with it on all the side missions and the silly terrain.
              Also, I keep thinking Carths moved into the Mass Effect universe as whenever I hear Alenkos voice, I have a wtf moment, then remember they are done by the same voice actor.

Comment

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
                Well, you drive the Mako through the Grand Canyon or Himmalayas equivalent on every world to find your side-missions, unlocking stuff and inventory management are a lot more annoying, and you have unlimited ammo and just have to watch the heat readout to prevent overheating rather than reloading.
                So I take it your in the 'they made improvements to the gameplay' camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  So I take it your in the 'they made improvements to the gameplay' camp?
                  Mixed bag really. I did miss the ability to customize weapons in ME2, so I was glad to see it back in 3. It's a shame you can't customize squadmate armor in either of them, but I suppose that makes rendering easier (and prevents you from having Grunt in pink armor or something like that )

The levelling system was a lot cleaner in the later games, but I did think it made sense to have different passive skills for different weapon types like they did in 1 (firing a shotgun is a lot different than a sniper rifle for example). The skill system in 3 was probably my favorite, because it mixed the more streamlined approach of 2 and the additional options of 1.

Comment

Finished my replay of ME today, got a few achievements as I managed to save Wrex, have a relationship and do all the side missions.
                    Also got a very diffferent ending to the first time I played it as I decided to save the council and managed to convince Saren to chop himself.
                    The only annoying problem now is that I really want to carry my ME account to ME2 so I can play with these changes to the storyline, but its not letting me

Can anyone give me a small rundown of differences in the game to the story of ME2 and 3 if you dont carry saves over.
                    Eg, if you choose Anderson to become Earths council member and saved the council, how does Andersons role differ in ME2 and 3?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                      Finished my replay of ME today, got a few achievements as I managed to save Wrex, have a relationship and do all the side missions.
                      Also got a very diffferent ending to the first time I played it as I decided to save the council and managed to convince Saren to chop himself.
                      The only annoying problem now is that I really want to carry my ME account to ME2 so I can play with these changes to the storyline, but its not letting me

Can anyone give me a small rundown of differences in the game to the story of ME2 and 3 if you dont carry saves over.
                      Eg, if you choose Anderson to become Earths council member and saved the council, how does Andersons role differ in ME2 and 3?
                      A lot of it comes down to the choices you make. There's actually a ME2 DLC you can get that lets you make the big choices from ME1 at the start of a new game as well.

Comment

Isn't that only for the PS3 version?
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If you mean that interactive comic. It was for released for both consoles I think

Comment

I cant access it on my PC version.
                            Anyone know how?

Comment

Was wondering if anyone had heard any solid news about anymore DLC for ME3? I heard rumours of a new ending DLC at the end of April which I guess would be cool, but tbh I'd rather some proper DLC. What are your thoughts?

Oh and just remembered the screeny I took in ME1, thought it looked too cool not to post

Mass earth.jpg

Comment

Day0 dlc was the From Ashes bit.

On April 10 they released the first multiplayer dlc pack, Resurgence Pack.

They've also announced that there will be ending dlc coming in August(ish) and it'll be free through April 2013. Unfortunately, they're not actually fixing the busted-ass ending, they're just making the multicolour cutscenes longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X