No announcement yet.

Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Generally I PC game things, but for me ME just feels wrong without a 360 controller. Don't know why.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Generally I PC game things, but for me ME just feels wrong without a 360 controller. Don't know why.
      What! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
        I think my new sig says it all.
        lol so true. Computers are God's gift to man.

Comment

What! BURN THE HERETIC!!!!!!
          I own ME 1 & 2 on PC as well, but those are more backups than anything else
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I own ME 1 & 2 on PC as well, but those are more backups than anything else

Sorry it had to be said.

Comment

We could've used that video clip in the Vatican thread earlier today

Something about ME just doesn't feel right without the controller, what can I say? Maybe it's just the vibe I got from the horrid PC port of ME1 that put me off it forever. In any case, the reason I say "backups" is because physical media (ie: my 360 discs) sucks and breaks down, whereas my Steam copies are forever

Comment

Something about ME just doesn't feel right without the controller, what can I say? Maybe it's just the vibe I got from the horrid PC port of ME1 that put me off it forever. In any case, the reason I say "backups" is because physical media (ie: my 360 discs) sucks and breaks down, whereas my Steam copies are forever
                What version did you play? Because mine was fine. And came with free dlc.

Comment

First version of ME1 I played was the 360 one, because my PC at the time was a bit sh**.

Then after I got a decent PC, I bought the PC version and gave it a shot. And man, what a lousy port I can't even remember what it was about it, but it just played so badly compared to the console version.

ME2 is a totally different story though, plays great on either system. But at that point, all the ME saves I was importing were from my 360 saves of the first one.

Comment

First version of ME1 I played was the 360 one, because my PC at the time was a bit sh**.

Then after I got a decent PC, I bought the PC version and gave it a shot. And man, what a lousy port I can't even remember what it was about it, but it just played so badly compared to the console version.

ME2 is a totally different story though, plays great on either system. But at that point, all the ME saves I was importing were from my 360 saves of the first one.
                    Me thinks you just didn't get a good enough pc when you "upgraded". Mine runs like a dream, always has. Mind you nowadays onmy current machine, an alienware, it coukd run Mass Effect and do 20 other things at the same time. Even so it ran perectly on my older pcs, even runs ok on my laptop which is saying something.

Comment

Me thinks you just didn't get a good enough pc when you "upgraded". Mine runs like a dream, always has. Mind you nowadays onmy current machine, an alienware, it coukd run Mass Effect and do 20 other things at the same time. Even so it ran perectly on my older pcs, even runs ok on my laptop which is saying something.
                      My PC is just fine mate, it wasn't a performance issue. It was just a lousy port It didn't play well, it didn't have performance issues.

Comment

You realise you can get Xbox 360 controllers for PC now right? Have to ask it

Comment

I'm a total mod junkie so I can't even imagine going back to consoles now. So much re-playability would be lost. I've got over a dozen mods in fallout new vegas alone. From small things like better textures to huge game changing weather mods and bonus quests and extra game areas.

Same story for some older games like STALKER. The modding community turned that game from a somewhat mediocre shooter with a great atmosphere into something amazing.

There is no competing with PC unless it's a game where the developers build and support it in such a way as to stifle and generally discourage community modding.

Last console I had was a PS2 and it'll likely be the last one I ever own.

Comment

Don't sell yourself short on consoles, there's a lot of great stuff on them. PC obviously has the upper hand re: modding allowing for greater replayability (except for certain companies like Creative Assembly who try very hard to prevent modding), but there's some truly fantastic stuff on consoles too.

I also find it a little unfortunate that modding just isn't what it was even 10 years ago. I know the HL community was something phenomenally else, but I miss the heydey of the HL community just the same.

Comment

Don't sell yourself short on consoles, there's a lot of great stuff on them. PC obviously has the upper hand re: modding allowing for greater replayability (except for certain companies like Creative Assembly who try very hard to prevent modding), but there's some truly fantastic stuff on consoles too.

I also find it a little unfortunate that modding just isn't what it was even 10 years ago. I know the HL community was something phenomenally else, but I miss the heydey of the HL community just the same.
                              No its bigger! People might have moved on to different games but there are so many vibrant mod communities out there. Aside from traditional ones like Half lIfe, you have the Elder Scrolls and Fallout mod community, which means any pc version of the game has about double the content of the console version. There's the Arma games which are pretty much run by the community, Bohemia interactive provide the framework but the mods make those games what they are, you got the STALKER community which has already been mentioned, the Crysis community which has so many custom maps and mods, people churning out custom maps for Portal, TF2 and the Left for Dead games and communities like the Total war modders who basically provide a dozen free expansion packs for each total war game. Make no mistake look in the right places and modding is thriving.

Comment

Skinning stuff is always fun with PC games too. Pretty fun too, especially fallout 3 and NV because of how easy they've made it.

Comment

Working...
                                X