Mass Effect universe discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    I still haven't played Mass Effect 2(), but the Mass Effect 3 trailer is excellent!
    heretic!!!!
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I think Legion is kind of a must for ME3, if for no other reason than because he was pivotal in defining the future of the Geth in ME2.
      He also got majorly shorted on facetime in ME2, being the mandatory last recruitment and all.

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
        heretic!!!!
        I plan to though....

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
          They've just got to have Garrus. It wouldn't be ME without him. He's pretty much the face of the whole series to me.
          It's really hard to imagine Mass Effect without him. He's pretty much Shepard's protégé -- and honestly, Shepard's probably one of his only real friends. He's lost most everything else.

Of all the guys, Garrus is the hardest to find a reason to be off doing his own thing. He's been there from the beginning -- and I suspect he will be there till the end.

Comment

i love that the trailer shows london, would love to playa level in future london, i like how the houses of parliament are still unchanged even with the futuristic cityscape around them, and the eye and the old GLC building behind it, what about those casualty figures though, is that overall or in the uk, or just in london, when he mentions reports from other cities that makes it sound like the 9 million were in london, possible i mean the greater london area is about 12 million now, probably more by mass effect times
            Last edited by dosed150; 15 December 2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oranos View Post
              It's really hard to imagine Mass Effect without him. He's pretty much Shepard's protégé -- and honestly, Shepard's probably one of his only real friends. He's lost most everything else.

Of all the guys, Garrus is the hardest to find a reason to be off doing his own thing. He's been there from the beginning -- and I suspect he will be there till the end.
              At the same time though I would eventually like to see him step out on his own and realize his full potential, with a team of his own, his own missions etc.

Hey, sounds like a good spin off to me.

Of all the carried over characters from ME1 I think ME2 definitely did him the most credit in terms of development. He was kind of flat in ME1 but really came into his own in the sequel and you really felt like he was your old buddy you could count on to have your back amongst all these new faces.

It was odd because I used mostly Tali and Wrex in ME1 but Tali never clicked for me character wise in Me2 the way Garrus did, and Wrex was of course relegated to a bit player.

Comment

Mass Effect 3 is "a single-player game", a moderator post on the official Bioware forums has said.

There's been speculation that the developer might include an online mode for the third game - and job ads suggested as much - but a moderator on the official BioWare forums has posted the following comment supposedly debunking the rumour:

"Now that BioWare has officially announced Mass Effect 3 with their press release yesterday, I'm going back to my age-old thread closer here: Mass Effect 3 is a single-player game."

It's of course unclear exactly how official this moderator actually is, so take this as another rumour for now.
                http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=280660

Good news if true.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if ME3 had some sort of basic multiplayer component that they'd use as a testbed for a future ME MMO.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    At the same time though I would eventually like to see him step out on his own and realize his full potential, with a team of his own, his own missions etc.

Hey, sounds like a good spin off to me.

Of all the carried over characters from ME1 I think ME2 definitely did him the most credit in terms of development. He was kind of flat in ME1 but really came into his own in the sequel and you really felt like he was your old buddy you could count on to have your back amongst all these new faces.

It was odd because I used mostly Tali and Wrex in ME1 but Tali never clicked for me character wise in Me2 the way Garrus did, and Wrex was of course relegated to a bit player.
                    It'd be great if Shepard put his name forward for the Spectres -- much as Nihlus did for the Commander. Their time together so far could even count as the typical "observational" period.

Despite being taken under Saren's wing, Nihlus eventually stepped out of his mentor's shadow and made a name for himself -- and I could see much the same outcome with the Shepard/Garrus relationship, both being highly decorated agents. Probably without one of them killing the other.

It presents some interesting possibilities for a spinoff. Shepard could be off doing his own thing, depending upon what choices you ended up making for the conclusion of ME3 -- retired life with his or her LI, drag racing with the SR-2, whatever. Pick up with Garrus on some super secret but highly dangerous mission.

From a permanent fixture on my team to bad@$$ Spectre. Makes perfect sense to me.

Comment

Look a scifi franchise with a cherry Christmas announcement, unlike certain others I could mention

As for multiplayer I don't mind if they have it as long as it's not the focus. I trust Bioware and think they will deliver a cracking finale to the trilogy.

But was that 4th rumoured title, that might have been multiplayer based just a false rumour? Or maybe they're just waiting to launch the spinoffs after the trilogy is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                        I still haven't played Mass Effect 2(), but the Mass Effect 3 trailer is excellent!
                        I finished it for the first time a couple of days ago. The last boss was a bit of a let down but the rest of it was pretty good. Personally I like ME 1 better, it just felt bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                          I finished it for the first time a couple of days ago. The last boss was a bit of a let down but the rest of it was pretty good. Personally I like ME 1 better, it just felt bigger.
                          That was probably partly down to the huge planet environments you could drive around in with the Mako. Great vistas, but personally it got boring for me after a while. And don't even mention the thresher maws...

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                            That was probably partly down to the huge planet environments you could drive around in with the Mako. Great vistas, but personally it got boring for me after a while. And don't even mention the thresher maws...
                            I was happy when I killed the one in ME 2 though.

Comment

Originally posted by hart37 View Post
                              I was happy when I killed the one in ME 2 though.
                              THat was actually fun, the ones in Mass Effect 1 though, eurgh.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                                THat was actually fun, the ones in Mass Effect 1 though, eurgh.
                                Yeah. Some variety in what 'nasty local lifeform' were in planets would've been nice.

Still, the lack of exploration/roaming in ME2 did seem to make the game feel smaller. (thankfully, the DLCs did much to 'fix' that. LotSB was great )
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X